[Show] Vice City Continued

HeySlickThatsMe

You really should release this so we can have some Vice City servers in out there.

Having this project discontinued after such big progress doesn't make much sense.

If it ends up being open source other people can use it for their servers which might give MTA a little boost.

I'm not a fan of "closed" source projects that are only used by a few people on one single server while MTA itself is open source.

13 hours ago, CodyL said:

Bonsi the issue with making stuff like this open source, is that soon enough every one starts using it. Thus it loses all of its originality; thus all interest gets lost.

No one wants a vice city map lol, if they want to play vice city they will play vice city and are you afraid it could be better than your server?

13 hours ago, ThatsMe said:

^ Thats right too

anyways i will post some new progress soon

make it open source, CodyL is selfish he is creating a server with vice city map thats why he doesn't want a better version to be released.I like your work so don't listen to selfish people and release it for everyone to enjoy

Selfish to not release it, are you kidding me? With my map I have put months of work into it, I'm not just going to release something as complicated as it. I am sick of lazy people such as you making claims such as that. You want the map make it yourself I made my map for one purpose and one purpose only, to be used on my server.

Also another thing I have just got to say is, my server is much more then just Vice city, and no I am not afraid at all of a better version being released If I was I wouldn't be offering help to ThatsMe which If you even bother to read any of the previous posts I have been.

And really these maps should stay in the hands of those who actually know what they are doing, there are bound to be bugs, bugs come out and all hell breaks loose, thus people would not be able to "Enjoy them".

If you would like to be an ass and try to fight me about it take it up in PM.

Edited by CodyL
8 hours ago, rageking11 said:

No one wants a vice city map lol, if they want to play vice city they will play vice city and are you afraid it could be better than your server?

make it open source, CodyL is selfish he is creating a server with vice city map thats why he doesn't want a better version to be released.I like your work so don't listen to selfish people and release it for everyone to enjoy

They would play vice city? When they wouldn't be able to experience the awesomeness of MTA if they just played VC. And I think he's being anything but selfish - he's being smart. Afraid of it being better? Can you convert the VC map with max draw distance and your own custom streamer? If not, you have no room to talk. And to top that off he has three maps in one - would love to see you do that with little lag. So, you keep insulting people because they don't want to release something they worked so hard on. While you sit there in your basement downloading free scripts from anywhere you can. Kthnx.

• Like 2

Good news!

Maybe today i will be working on Addon Weapons script

What this script will do?

It will allow me to add more weapons to the server

whole goal is to have EVERY GTA IV and GTA V Gun togeher (GTA IV One's will have some remastered textures and gun brands similiar to GTA V)

This will include Custom edited IV/V weapons + Beta weapons
Examples:

GTAV:

Assault Rifle - AK47

Carbine Rifle - M4

Advanced Rifle - M4 (Added)

Special Carbine - m4 (Added)

Bullpup Rifle - AK47 (Added)

Compact Rifle - AK47 (Added)

GTA IV:

AK47 - AK47 (Added)

M4 - M4 (Added)

^ All Rifle weapons

And here are some Custom weapons:

Shovel - GTA V Model (Unused?)

FireAxe - GTA V Model (Beta)

Stubby Shotgun - Vice City Stories style Shotgun - GTA V Pump shotgun without stock and Wooden textures

Katana - GTA V Cutscene Model (Unused)

Protest Sign (Yes as an weapon :P) - GTA V Cutscene Model (Unused?)

I had an big file with all the weapon list but i don't know where it is on my drive... i think i removed it by accident

Anyways i will be adding some camouflages too!

On 16.11.2016 at 8:44 PM, CodyL said:

Selfish to not release it, are you kidding me? With my map I have put months of work into it, I'm not just going to release something as complicated as it. I am sick of lazy people such as you making claims such as that. You want the map make it yourself I made my map for one purpose and one purpose only, to be used on my server.

Also another thing I have just got to say is, my server is much more then just Vice city, and no I am not afraid at all of a better version being released If I was I wouldn't be offering help to ThatsMe which If you even bother to read any of the previous posts I have been.

And really these maps should stay in the hands of those who actually know what they are doing, there are bound to be bugs, bugs come out and all hell breaks loose, thus people would not be able to "Enjoy them".

If you would like to be an ass and try to fight me about it take it up in PM.

If the MTA devs, or anyone else who works for free in his own time on a community project, would think in the same way, that would be pretty bad.

Of course people can make stuff exclusivly for their own communities or servers, but thats not a behaviour that should be encouraged or seen as anything else than "selfish" (not meant in a bad way, but after all its done for themselfs and their own profit).

With the success of DayZ, MTA could have been famous for having a DayZ mod long ago, if it would have been open source (not sure when it became that).

Same for Rocket League and CarBall in MTA.

Lost potential for MTA as a whole because some people put themselfs above everything else.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, rageking11 said:

You are sick of seeing same maps in all servers? you mean san andreas map, well mtasa is a multiplayer modification for gta san andreas so what you expect. I was just saying if you don't want to release your map then its okay,  the problem is that you are encouraging others to do same and its bad for community and I don't think this guy is even working on vice city map for his own server and you still telling him to not to release his map.

Also I don't think we need vice city map in san andreas , its not practical because of download size and lag issues.San andreas is a huge map and we don't need another gta map in this game.It doesn't make sense and you are just wasting your time on this.

You are just annoying guy CodyL's . is working in vice city map actually i've played in that myself also he didn't forced anyone to not release vice city map -_-' in fact if anyone wants to release such a map he can but i don't think anyone will do it unless maybe for some $ or he's just done with the map it's really take a time and hard work also no i do think we need vice city map in gta san andreas and for sure that there will be some lag issue and stuff like that makes the fps drops down but as much as anyone will do is trying to fix the fps to make it the best also i'm pretty sure no one is going to release or use a map that drops fps and about the download that it's so large or big anything you call 

it's not we already in the speed century at least you are going to have 1 MB or even 500 KB is enough to download the map and the files of it  and if you say that you have a bad connection as i've got the same problem i'm already getting 5 MB On the speed test but the server wasn't download in a speed as it should i've download from another website which the server owner - creator upload it to so it's not about release it or not it's he's own work and if he didn't want to release it that's his right also some people enjoying the

showing topics such this and i'm one of them actually i'm happy to see something different in the multi theft auto all the servers now looks the same and i'm not talking about scripts ..etc i'm talking about 'BIG MAPS' 'Cities' and so on .Also i think no one need you here anymore actually this topic is getting more pages for : O nothing so i'm just saying that he did that work and some people like it maybe you don't but i guarantee that there's some people likes to play something new.

Edited by iPrestege
  • Like 1

Thanks

anyways i decided to make another thing with weapon system

This time i won't be using GTA IV and GTA V Guns.....

I Will Use GTA IV , GTA V , Custom And Max Payne 3 Guns

Why max payne 3 guns? theorically its the same universe as gta
i was watching some max payne 3 videos and those guns are pretty good
Big Smoke *Yes i know this is different than original line*: All i had to do is Retexture some of them and rename them

And here's the Offtopic list of guns (From Max payne 3) that are 100% Confirmed and for me are awesome
M590 - Unknown name yet
.38 Revolver - Propably "SNS Revolver"
608 Bull - Propably "Combat Revolver"
FAL - Propably "Marksman Sniper" (And maybe it will have an Acog Scope or x6 scope)
Rotary Grenade Launcher - Heavy Grenade Launcher
and there will be more but im running out of names , + im trying to do all of them in GTAV/Rockstar style

Even tho i might add some red dead redemption 2 weapons... that would be a good idea for "Charlet County" Which will be an Second big mass map portion which will have "The Glades" "The Swamp" and "Gator Keys"

Charlet county Info:

It will be a big map mass portion like i said up there ^ it will have Swamps Called The Swamp , Gator keys - A Highway leading from oceandrive to Luxury Private Mansions on the water and a bit of countryside

And a glades , which will be some Hill areas and more swamps , including a bit of forests

Now Vice City is called Vice City State , and it has 2 Parts - Vice City and Charlet County