How to change file from txt. to Lua?

Aly-M

So I started a new script file called myserver in resources folder. The script didn't work because the meta.xml file is a text document (Normal Notepad). I tried to Save As "lua source file", but the problem is that I don't even have this in my list. I only have these two options when trying to save the meta.xml file type. One is "document (*.txt)" and the other is "All files". There's no LUA in the list. 

Moreover, I downloaded LUA & I have notepad++ that I use in editing only, but original file type is always .txt

What to do?

Select type to All files and save it as myserver.lua

EDIT: Since you will be working with many files i suggest you to show file's extensions in windows. Just google it. Then you will be able to rename your files and their extension with a double click on file name.

Edited by NegativeIQ
Added suggestion

open notepad++, choose Language from the toolbar in the top, go to 'L' then choose lua, go to your text file, copy the text from it and paste it on the notepad++ then save the file on the notepad++, It will ask you now to save as lua source code or not. - note: do not create a .txt file then edit it, Just open new file in notepad++ and choose lua ad language.

12 hours ago, Aly-M said:

So I started a new script file called myserver in resources folder. The script didn't work because the meta.xml file is a text document (Normal Notepad). I tried to Save As "lua source file", but the problem is that I don't even have this in my list. I only have these two options when trying to save the meta.xml file type. One is "document (*.txt)" and the other is "All files". There's no LUA in the list. 

Moreover, I downloaded LUA & I have notepad++ that I use in editing only, but original file type is always .txt

What to do?

File Explorer - View - Filename Extensions - Check.

50 minutes ago, draobrehtom said:

File Explorer - View - Filename Extensions - Check.

un-check (because if you check it  you will hide file name extension).

Anyways all what you need to do is:

• Start Windows Explorer, you can do this by opening up any folder.
  • Click Organize.
  • Click Folder and search options.
  • Click the View tab.
  • Scroll down until you notice Hide extensions for known file types, un-check this line by clicking the check box. 
  • Click OK
  • Now rename the file replace .txt with .lua