i want scripting

SponGeBob

Mta uses lua and it compiles scripts on runtime so you dont have to compile anything in order to run it. That means you can use any textual file editor ( or IDE since that is correct term for what you are looking for) like notepad to script. Im myself suggesting sublime over notepad++, atom, brackets or anything else in fact.

Brackets is/are nice for web development, specially design. While it can be used for anything just like most text editors i find it way to heavy since it uses chromium. If you have habit of closing editing program during testing or something like that avoid it at all costs. Also im not sure if it supports external compilers.
Notepad++ is a very nice ide but i find it lacking many important and comfort things that atom and sublime has.
Atom and Sublime are two best universal ide's you can find today. They both have huge variety of plugins for languages and other things, support compilers, provide themes, and much more. At the end it comes to your personal preferences but i find Sublime to be more friendly with almost everything. It has simple and somehow easy to remember shortcuts and possibly/probably/definitely more plugins then atom. Its also written in python but compiled to binary so its easy to write plugins for it and yet not to heavy like brackets.