[WIP] Vehicle Brake Light System

[PXG]Blue

Ive always thought that GTA SA's brake light were insufficient when doing races that you'd barely see the other Vehicle, so i made a script which improves brake lights and adds reversing lights!

The script is completely client sided, so no server performance drops, You can see the brake and reversing lights on all the Vehicles in your Area.

Screenshots & Videos

99cba8972e.jpg

16d4cfa5b3.jpg

3d39c8ab2e.jpg

Sadly, because you cannot get the offset of vehicle headlight and brakelight dummies, you have to set the offsets yourself, it works as following:

lights_table[589 .. "x"] = 0.4 lights_table[589 .. "y"] = -2 lights_table[589 .. "z"] = 0.1
lights_table[589 .. "x2"] = -0.4 lights_table[589 .. "y2"] = -2 lights_table[589 .. "z2"] = 0.1

-- x3 and x4 are optional
lights_table[589 .. "x3"] = 0.6 lights_table[589 .. "y3"] = -2 lights_table[589 .. "z3"] = 0.1
lights_table[589 .. "x4"] = -0.6 lights_table[589 .. "y4"] = -2 lights_table[589 .. "z4"] = 0.1

lights_table is the table name, 589 is the vehicle ID, leave the dots, "x","y","z" are the offset coordinates, these are asked twice, one for "x,y,z" and one for "x2,y2,z2", each for one brake light ( left and right ), x3,y3,z3 and x4,y4,z4 are optional coordinates which serve as secondary brake lights.

I will release the script soon on the community, and its already available on my GitHub.

Edited by [PXG]Blue
Release
21 minutes ago, CodyL said:

I was working on something similar for Heretrics; I'll give you a dump of all light positions when I complete the script if you want it.

(My original idea is quite complicated if you have no idea how to use the tool; so I'll just set it up myself if you want)

That would be awesome, so i dont have to check every dummy position of every car :D

13 minutes ago, CodyL said:

I was actually planning on doing brake lights, front lights, running lights, etc.

(Also blinkers)

my script isnt too advanced, just brake lights and reversing lights, it was mainly planned for my server for touge battles and so on, but people liked it so much that im now developing a version for the public :P

• 2 weeks later...