"Bowling" in GTAIII

Guest itsjake88

Me and Jordan from http://www.planetgta.com were playing this fun game where you would park a car at the bottom of this hill in portland (red X) and then ram a fire truck into it (blue arrow) and then basically the parked car goes flying (purple arrow). Usually the person not in the truck in waiting inside the car. Whoever makes the car got he farthest wins. It just gets really annoying to have to set everything up over and over.

I just thought this would be a fun minigame you guys might consiter.

jumpgame1sp.jpg

hehe, things liek this are the beauty of MTA, game modes and minigames made on the fly. Setting them in stone by coding them in would be a little limiting though as you would then always have to use the same location, the same vehicles etc.

I'd suggest playing with at least three people, one to drive the firetruck, another to sit in the car, another to wait by the cars spawn. When the car is launched the driver can get out and shoot it. The player at its spawn can then drive it into position, Rinse repeat :)

mm yea stone coding = gets boring

but you could make some... shall we say clay coding. Make the cars spawn in the general area yet let you choose where to put them (or even more advanced have a choser thingy out of the code).

You could get some cars and shoot them to black smoke, space them out, and the try to bowl for all of em :D (take a damn long setup time though)

mm yea stone coding = gets boring

Not to mention its much harder to code with stones than computers. 8)

This little minigame is not really new to me, I sorta did the same during tests, and it does get boring after a while, so I doubt it's worth adding it as a standard gamemode for GTA3.

yeah, we don't need minigames made into the game...just make something up with what we already got....like, here's an idea: 2 people go full speed towards the end of a cliff, whoever stops their car closest to the edge wins...and hopefully keeps his life :D