MTA Forum is back online and with a new look!

jhxp

Okay big part from old that make job faster is the top bar shortcuts to wiki, community, bugs report etc.

It needs to be placed somewhere on the side dashboard 

And theres no forum settings? I cant see signatures.

mobile/desktop theme switcher would be good

(Mobile user)

As time goes by, your eyes get tired. But I found a small solution. So far, only for firefox, can someone find and chrome.
That this plugin, Color Transform. I currently do is this:

Spoiler

53f3dadd1a51.jpg

As you can see, a lot of buttons, but there are tooltips on the plugin panel.
You can simply click the image to a suitable range, and it will apply to the current page. Next, click a plus "+", and it will apply the settings to the entire site. Unfortunately I left so that is applicable to all sites. In this case, you need to press the minus "-" to remove the settings for the current site, or a cross "x" is to clear the settings for all sites.
As a last resort, remove and reinstall the plugin.

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

Found a few problems/bugs, for example you cannot edit own OLD posts or topics, I cannot find any edit button. Only new posts/topics have the Edit button present. Integration problem?

Also older posts with [.code] tags, or (not sure) even new ones, have bugged out and display in awkward, inconvenient way the code contained, such as for example this topic:

https://forum.multitheftauto.com/topic/88558-debug-tool-vehicle-origins-scenario-code/ (lost its layout and all stretched horizontally)

@jhxp

Edited by Dutchman101
  • Like 1
59 minutes ago, Dutchman101 said:

Found a few problems/bugs, for example you cannot edit own OLD posts or topics, I cannot find any edit button. Only new posts/topics have the Edit button present. Integration problem?

7 hours ago, jhxp said:
12 hours ago, Tails said:

Another issue, we can't edit posts if someone else posts after it.

Yes, it was set that way on purpose, due to users abusing the editing right and changing the topic contents after a longer while. If you need to edit your older posts, you can send a PM to moderator with the link to your post and your desired changes.

• MTA Team
7 hours ago, fabervox said:

The old theme is not obligatory, but something less bright, it is necessary. The eyes of many scripters are used to do to a black background. In fact, only need to add the exact same theme or more, but with different color styles.

We might or might not create a darker forum theme in the future. However, right now our hands are full with other problems related to forums, so we would like to work on them first. We appreciate your feedback about the visual side of things though, guys... Guess a lot of users would be interested in such a theme.

4 hours ago, NeverGiveup said:

Okay big part from old that make job faster is the top bar shortcuts to wiki, community, bugs report etc.

It needs to be placed somewhere on the side dashboard 

(Mobile user)

You can find your forum settings by pressing the hamburger icon, then Account > Profile and Account > Account Settings. However, it looks like all of these problems come down to using the forums on mobile, as the features you have listed work fine on the desktop version.

Will look into the possibility of including the mobile/desktop theme switcher. The forum uses the same theme for both though, so it might be tricky.

Thanks for the feedback.

10 minutes ago, jhxp said:

Signatures are hidden on mobile devices by IPS on purpose to keep the screen clear. We will take disabling this feature into consideration though.

15 minutes ago, jhxp said:

I don't think that's possible as the theme is fully responsive. Also, I doubt you can use the desktop theme on a phone fluently.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jusonex said:

15 hours ago, Tails said:

Another issue, we can't edit posts if someone else posts after it.

Yes, it was set that way on purpose, due to users abusing the editing right and changing the topic contents after a longer while. If you need to edit your older posts, you can send a PM to moderator with the link to your post and your desired changes.

Yeah I agree 100% but forbid it in the scripting section and other sections but not the tutorials or resources section. I edit my resource posts on a regular basis. Not gonna bother contacting a mod everytime.

4 hours ago, Jusonex said:

Signatures are hidden on mobile devices by IPS on purpose to keep t screen clear. We will take disabling this feature into consideration though.

I don't think that's possible as the theme is fully responsive. Also, I doubt you can use the desktop theme on a phone fluently.

Why not possible? I think some ipb theme has full version switch for mobile

And old forum is al be viewed like desktop and never had a hard time with it

It looks much more modern now, yeah, but yet we are missing old features like the Lua tag which linked functions directly to the MTA Wiki.

Okay, so I found a bug, more than a bug it's a language mistake, in my profile when I changed my profile picture it showed "EstrategiaGTA changed their profile picture".

Good job, though it will take a time to get used to it :-P