MTA Forum is back online and with a new look!

jhxp

Only one problem what i founded. Old mta forum had a links in functions to wiki.multitheftauto.com in code-paste window. Now it's lost.
Also maybe increase a messages limit? I can't send a message to anyone, because " Your inbox is full. You must delete some messages before you can send any more. " (But i can do this before)

Edited by Kenix
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, Kenix said:

Only one problem what i founded. Old mta forum had a links in functions to wiki.multitheftauto.com in code-paste window. Now it's lost.
Also maybe increase a messages limit? I can't send a message to anyone, because " Your inbox is full. You must delete some messages before you can send any more. " (But i can do this before)

There should now be a Wiki button to fulfil what you're describing :).

Regarding messages, how many messages do you have?

edit: I see you mean in the Lua code boxes.  Yes, that's a lost feature that is unlikely to be reappearing unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, darkdreamingdan said:

There should now be a Wiki button to fulfil what you're describing :).

Regarding messages, how many messages do you have?

I mean auto-link, you can click on function name and you will be on wiki.multitheftauto.com (before update), also a function-name highlighting (blue - shared, red - client side, orange-server).

Now i have 1k messages. (Maybe because messages is not transfered correcly to new engine, because before this update i can send a message to any one - i had around ~300 messages)

Edited by Kenix

Looks nice but a couple of problems!

I lost 3-4 pages on my cinema resource topic, including the original post and possibly other topics too.

The links in my signature are all pointing to this topic.

There's no button at the top of the forums to show all my topics/recent posts.

Please fix. Thank you :)

Edited by Tails
22 minutes ago, Tails said:

I lost 3-4 pages on my cinema resource topic, including the original post and possibly other topics too.

I've restored your post from your Cinema resource post.  I don't know why this happened.  As for 3-4 pages missing - they're not missing, simply that the new forum shows more posts per page so they should all be there.

I have no idea why your signature got corrupted, but please reedit to add your links back :)

• MTA Team
8 hours ago, Abdul KariM said:

Do you there are his way to return to Theme old ? 

No, it is not possible to use the old forum theme anymore. We have switched the whole forum software so it is no longer compatible with it. We may or may not make adjustments to the current theme though.

7 hours ago, Kenix said:

I mean auto-link, you can click on function name and you will be on wiki.multitheftauto.com (before update), also a function-name highlighting (blue - shared, red - client side, orange-server).

Now i have 1k messages. (Maybe because messages is not transfered correcly to new engine, because before this update i can send a message to any one - i had around ~300 messages)

All messages should have been transferred correctly. The reason you are having over a thousand of messages is due to the Private Messages system being different in IPS. Folders are no longer used so it dumped messages from all your folders into a single place, including ones from the Sent folder.
I will look into increasing the PM box sizes for certain user groups, but you should really remove some of your older Private Messages...

Edit: box sizes increased.

6 hours ago, Tails said:

Thanks for reporting the problem with signatures.

As for the button for showing your own content, you can move your mouse over your profile avatar, then click the Find content link.

6 hours ago, Walid said:

First, Good job.

Second, i will post my report here: i think it's not possible to edit old posts.

5 hours ago, Tails said:

Another issue, we can't edit posts if someone else posts after it.

Yes, it was set that way on purpose, due to users abusing the editing right and changing the topic contents after a longer while. If you need to edit your older posts, you can send a PM to moderator with the link to your post and your desired changes.

3 hours ago, Sha67 said:

I don't like it and i think that my posts was 4700 and above :| ,  keep going!

This is most likely the correct amount. As stated in the Forum Rules, there are sections where post counts are not incremented when users post in them. We have applied that setting to more sections where users were posting solely to bump their post counts, mainly Offtopic subforums in the Other Languages section.

Changing that setting did not affect user post counts retroactively. So if you posted in such a subforum before we applied the change, the posts you have made in there were still counting towards your post count. During the forum maintenance, we have recalculated all user post counts so that is why you have a different posts number now.

6 hours ago, Ab-47 said:

Great work guys, finally you got a new theme and it looks way more modern than the old 19th century style ;)

Other than the fact that I have to login again and again, everything's great, gotta get used to allot now :3

Thanks for reporting the problem. We are already working hard to find the cause. Apparently you do not need to re-login, you can simply visit any subforum once that happens and you will be logged in again. And if the problem happens again, try visiting another subforum.

• Like 1