MTA 0.5.x Progress Update (19/03/2005 @ 22:56 CET) by MrBump

Si|ent

The problem is those oldies cant be found. Be on IRC. If you want to be considered thats the first step.

I would have found that stubby glitch off the back but I was not involved in any 0.5 MTAVC DeathMatch tests. Too busy with real life.

Hopefully I will be around at the undetermined times/dates for testing this version.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is those oldies cant be found. Be on IRC. If you want to be considered thats the first step.

I would have found that stubby glitch off the back but I was not involved in any 0.5 MTAVC DeathMatch tests. Too busy with real life.

Hopefully I will be around at the undetermined times/dates for testing this version.

It's "off the bat" not "off the back"

but I get the idea

stubbies are evil.... they take the fun right out of deathmatch. you ever stopped to think how retarded it is to play an unstable multiplayer mod with poorly synched damage and aiming, with shotguns???

mega gay.

Dude stubbies rule, the thing that is messed up in mta is the mp5's and crap, when you shoot and they are shooting at you, the only one who is going to die is the one who has to reload, thats screwed up, but at least with a stubby you do not have to wait for that, skill :P

and now with jumpage, it will be awesome. :D

I thought you were talking about me blaze. If you need tips on the MP5 im your man. Yes it is true about the stubby, but it takes skill to do that. There won't be any worries about guns anymore because people will have to retrain themselves because of the changes. Some people might start fresh, so there shouldn't be complaining (I hope).

The testing will open as soon as there is a version ready for testing, it will then be given to the chosen testers - and they will test it to death, reporting bugs to the devs, and hopefully getting them fixed ready for the final released :)

• 3 weeks later...
The testing will open as soon as there is a version ready for testing, it will then be given to the chosen testers

Why not just throw it out to all, versus just a few? Even if there's the part about some knowing more about it, there are some that could find stuff the anointed ones cant find.

At this point in 0.5.x testing we are using a selected group of people to test for bugs we have found which are much deaper than "weapon properties". Once these issues have been cleared up and a proper working beta is ready then "public beta tests" will begin, which will involve more regular players. Until then, the testers used need to be known people who are on IRC a lot... simply so we can keep in constant communication with them about whats happening etc.

You have to understand the difference between beta testing and what is going on atm.. this is more like alpha testing as its so specific.. Things are changing all the time.. it would be almost impossible to organise this if it were public.

I can understand people's desire to see this released.. and their frustration at the fact that they know how to find bugs but arn't given the oppertunity to test.. but at this point you have to leave it in the hands of the developers and their trusted testers, so the bigger issues can be sorted out.

• 2 months later...
so0o00 where is it :?:

I think most of mta developers are working on Blue right now and MTA:SA....0.5.5 :? actually i cannot understand a lot of things about that update for mta, maybe its gonna be the last release built on old core, at least I hope so ...