MTA 0.5.x Progress Update (19/03/2005 @ 22:56 CET) by MrBump

Si|ent

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to know the stubby is going to be changed back to what it was, though I hope you have found a way to avoid the crouching/weapon switching :)

Making them only avaiable in ammunations will be god because it will force people to become good with other weapons, which will creaty diversity in the gameplay :idea:

Aha, our old faithfull returns :D

Thanks guys for putting the stubby back, and i like the idea of not giving it at spawn, will be a great improvement in gameplay :wink:

So will there be jumping with stubby there?
Yes, stubby will be like before, but more limiting in availability. Spawning with a stubby will not be an option.

Mmh... What about the damage caused by Stubbies?

Hope it stays the same as it is now, just jumping back enabled...

lol i wished it stayed same as 0.3 or 0.41 (a hit by 1 bullet from a blast of stubby -40hp from health)

just one thing worries me...

what about stubby duels?? u know ppl would gather at the big lot and watch exciting fights up to 10... will this part of mta be left behind? :roll:

Move to chrome shotgun duels... same difference really. Perhaps a little more challenging as you cant run away easily and dont have such a wide spread.

I wanted to know if the mta team tests the new versions of mta, or if you guys select people from the message boards to test.
Testing was a little haphazard for 0.5 it seems. The testing will be back to as it was for previous versions in the weeks leading up to release. In addition we will also be utilising a new (to us) testing routine.

NOTE: Do NOT ask to test, testers are already chosen and we do not require any additional at this time.

:wink:

He didn't ask to test.

He wanted to know because he was willing to test 8)

no. he was asking how the mta team selects thier' testers, and if they test themselves.

its like me inqiring about a piece of cake, then you make a jump in the conversation from cake to butterknifes....though closley related (i suppose) not nessacarily the same thing.

now, about the testers...the mta team usually gets thier testers from IRC idlers and goers that they trust.

And the award for worst analogy in a forum or chat goes to

*drumroll*

HardCore

ts like me inqiring about a piece of cake, then you make a jump in the conversation from cake to butterknifes....though closley related (i suppose) not nessacarily the same thing.

And the MOST offtopic post, and wannabe gangsta award goes to

*drumroll*

[KFC]KungFu

back on topic now?

That was unfunny

It was like I was walking down the street and hailing a cab and then you garfel garfel snarf snarf blah snagglepuss

Wait... that didn't make sense but then neither do you

*On topic

Um yeah thanks for the update I hope it's like tested and stuff cause that would be cool ya know right... thanks and good work and stuff

P.S.

I'm a biggie fan but I don't have any babies mommas and my gun is registered. Liking music doesn't make me a wanna be anything... I just wanna be loved, for me dammit, just for being me *tear

In an attempt to bring this thread back on topic, I do actually have a genuine question (now there's a first). One problem with previous releases (0.5 in particular, I seem to recall) was that many of the testers were not the kind of people who played MTA for long periods of time every day and hence did not know how to perform many of the various glitches that so-called "experienced" people knew how to perform, hence why the weapon switching glitch went un-noticed. Will this be addressed in the 0.5.1 testing?

In an attempt to bring this thread back on topic, I do actually have a genuine question (now there's a first). One problem with previous releases (0.5 in particular, I seem to recall) was that many of the testers were not the kind of people who played MTA for long periods of time every day and hence did not know how to perform many of the various glitches that so-called "experienced" people knew how to perform, hence why the weapon switching glitch went un-noticed. Will this be addressed in the 0.5.1 testing?

That is a good question

I will find every bug in this new version in the first hour I play... So can others

Will that hour be before or after the release? dun dun duunnnnnnn

There are a bunch of ppl who idle all day in IRC who would be happy to play the new version ahead of everyone else but they don't play much...

Then there are ppl who just want the final product to be done right and couldn't care less about the supposed status gains involved with being a beloved tester <<<<<< ungfukey isey oneey ofey esethey eoplepey