The future of MTA is coming.

JonChappell wrote:

You think that more coders can speed up the process whereas I think that the mass beta makes it easier for the existing coders which leads to greater efficiency.

..MTA team (and a few irc homies) re who mostly tests each release and looks like they re still not enough ppl, remember the radar bug and his re-release and a known patch to prevent lag..

Nobody says that they re not making a great job, MTA has been changing since the begining and users had to adapt oneself to it in each release due to lag, glitches/ers, unsynching actually drowns..

What u mean its:

More programmers=more time to development and test=less progres???

..ok. :roll:

Probably what is done for the new people is assigned work for part of the project. That seems to be easy to manage IMO

..pointless, nice spam dude.. :wink:

Edit:

Wtb congrats for your 3000 post JonChappell! :shock::)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As has been said before, if anyone thinks they have somthing to contribute to MTA, don't hesitate to contact me or anyone else on the team using the forums or IRC.

eAi

/me thinks: does every mta player knows about that?.. does everyone will see these lines?

U should publicate a lil butom at main page or a forum topic where interested ppl would ask to join the team, something that everyone would see easily.

If u take a look at the site, u wont see nothing refering to join mta team or colaborate no where, this way only aged/expert/and known or popular mta players can get acces to this option.

And please NOTE that IM NOT critising or bitching your work, im just giving u an idea that would help EVERYONE, MTA Team for more hands=more time and stuff to work and players for greater, better and more ussual releases.

A general call out as you suggest would result in every man and his donkey applying, and is reserved for when we specifically require new coders. Someone with talent and a real drive to assist would usually approach us or at least look around for hints that we may be open to approaches.

A general call out as you suggest would result in every man and his donkey applying, and is reserved for when we specifically require new coders. Someone with talent and a real drive to assist would usually approach us or at least look around for hints that we may be open to approaches.

Then we re back to the same tonic.. reduce the team to a few members, how many 15-20 members actually?.. "coz u dont need them" it would b 25-30..

In my opinion the "we dont need help coz WE re the MTA Team" atitude its what more damages this project.

MTA Team is giving us the best they can, but it will take ages to manage it to the point they want it.

Quality not quantity. Haste not speed.

What about quality and quantity. Haste no speed is ok lol

U can get the quality u re talking about each day.

There is quality, u just need "more" quality.

EDIT:

Forget it man.. keep things as they stays...

B lucky with Blue..

Edited by Guest
Quality not quantity. Haste not speed.

What about quality and quantity. Haste no speed is ok lol

U can get the quality u re talking about each day.

There is quality, u just need "more" quality.

FlashDot, not a single one of your posts I've read, including this one have made sense or been worthwhile. Please think before you post.
FlashDot, not a single one of your posts I've read, including this one have made sense or been worthwhile. Please think before you post.

Then it gots no sense right?.. maybe u really cant understand what i meant...

Im telling u whats the mta problem and u answerme with an insult..

Keep it that way.

Edited by Guest

Part of what he might be saying is more developers who know what they are doing means more updates, faster releases of MTA, less work for developers, and a future of MTA coming faster. If you think about it MTA is a small organization that works on a big online project.

i can understand tho why the mta team hasnt become a massive team, more ppl=more problems, gameplay disagreements, hackings, w/e. having sed this tho i think that they need to pick up the pace a little bit, i mean its not like theyre startin from scratch with each release :?

if i were the head of the mta team, i would have started selling advertisements a long time ago, adv's on the client, modded billboards in the game, w/e. that might give them more of an incentive to make this mod, rather than doing it in their spare time. that would also allow for more advertising in magazines and such, and with more players, the more you could sell advertisng spots in MTA for. they could probably seriously make a living off of mta, once a perfect (or mostly perfect) core is made (blue). actually thinkin about it now, u cant make money off of someone elses product, hehe disregard this part then

more ppl=more problems, gameplay disagreements

..They suposedly has their plans to develope this MTA and Blue, so they re tracking a way of work to develope it, but ill make u think for a sec..

MTA Blue is infinitely greater, smarter, and f! sh!t better than the actuall core, im just wondering how u guys re going to develope Blue if u cant really develope/control the actuall one with 10 or 12 ppl. ROFL!!!!!!

Most of u cant c that BLUE or an perfect MTA never will b possible if they keep this way, developing games takes AGES and requires a GREATER team work than they actually do.

This way i can sure that R* will release a multiplayer game before you finish your MTA, Blue (which has been at 65% progress like a year ago, so will we got to wait another year or two?MOHAHAH), Green or whatever u want to call it.

Then looks like u eAi are who really needs a bit of grey matter and think on what u doing. In fact u will need it.

I just dont care your insults cos i know u got no stupid reason, so run and go finish your Blue.LOL

MTA Blue is infinitely greater, smarter, and f! sh!t better than the actuall core, im just wondering how u guys re going to develope Blue if u cant really develope/control the actuall one with 10 or 12 ppl. ROFL!!!!!!

I think you misunderstand what Blue is compared to the current version of MTA.

The Grand Theft Auto 3 engine (on which Vice City and San Andreas are also built) handles all the things we see in the game (the graphics, the animations etc).

MTA consists of two parts - a core and a networking unit.

The core communicates with the GTA3 engine to display the updates from the networking unit. It also takes information from the engine to send to the networking unit.

With the current version of MTA, the core is using an antiquated method to communicate with the GTA3 engine, which has some limitations.

Quite a while ago the MTA team realised that there was only so far they could go with the core they had (they've probably gone further than they expected), so they started to build a new core from scratch using a different method of communicating with the engine. This is Blue.

At least that is my interpretation - I may be wrong on some points.

Most of u cant c that BLUE or an perfect MTA never will b possible if they keep this way, developing games takes AGES and requires a GREATER team work than they actually do.

This way i can sure that R* will release a multiplayer game before you finish your MTA, Blue (which has been at 65% progress like a year ago, so will we got to wait another year or two?MOHAHAH), Green or whatever u want to call it.

I think the team owe you an apology. I see now that you know better than they do what goes on, despite the fact that they are in the team and you are not (but perhaps want to be).

You really don't know what you're talking about. For a start, the progress bar was updated 5 or 6 months ago, not a year. Secondly, the progress bar is not a true indication of progress. The fact that it has stayed the same for the past 6 months or so would imply that they have made absolutely no progress whatsoever in that time which is untrue. Also, it is difficult for them to gauge progress and they do not rush out to update it as soon as they complete it. I think when the next update comes, it will be reasonably large.

Then looks like u eAi are who really needs a bit of grey matter and think on what u doing. In fact u will need it.

I just dont care your insults cos i know u got no stupid reason, so run and go finish your Blue.LOL

Btw, I'd just like to point out that a double negative means that you realise that he has a clever reason.

Looks like u still dong get what i meant, really does someone has stoped for a second and thing what im talkwing about?

U keep thinking that all this i said its about me, u know what?.. NO, IT ISNT! im not qualified to do that, but there re ppl who would.

What i *can(looks like not) is SUGGEST to increase the actuall team, and then i get insulted. (thats why that "lol", b lucky, and stuff.. i ussually dont let ppl to insultme, and less when im just trying to give everyone a possible solution to the actuall mta state.

IM NOT TALKING ABOUT ME! IM NOT INTERESTED joinning the f! team or what ever.

More coders isnt equal less progress if u got a simple fact as coordination and dialogue between them. Actually the current coders just can do their work a few hours at day if their lifes lets them while increasing the team (IM NOT INCLUDINGME) it would accelerate the progress.

Is this an insult to you?? Then explainme why? and ill say sorry and ill leave your forums.

Now look, this is MY, not anyone elses (unless they think of it first) reasons that making the team a bit larger isnt a very good idea (No offence to ANYONE)

The team would release the next version slower because

a. More sugestions or something - equals more work

b. would need time finding a good person in coding stuff

Well, there are advantages

All of the team will have to work less IF they can find a person that is a professional in coding BUT most likely that would take time for the team to find him

Maybe they have enough people?

I mean if you had 2 people writing a letter, 1 the top part, and the other the bottom, it wouldn't really make sence when put together.

They only need as many people as they have jobs to do.

Theres also a matter of security too

Looks like u still dong get what i meant, really does someone has stoped for a second and thing what im talkwing about?

U keep thinking that all this i said its about me, u know what?.. NO, IT ISNT! im not qualified to do that, but there re ppl who would.

What i *can(looks like not) is SUGGEST to increase the actuall team, and then i get insulted. (thats why that "lol", b lucky, and stuff.. i ussually dont let ppl to insultme, and less when im just trying to give everyone a possible solution to the actuall mta state.

IM NOT TALKING ABOUT ME! IM NOT INTERESTED joinning the f! team or what ever.

More coders isnt equal less progress if u got a simple fact as coordination and dialogue between them. Actually the current coders just can do their work a few hours at day if their lifes lets them while increasing the team (IM NOT INCLUDINGME) it would accelerate the progress.

Is this an insult to you?? Then explainme why? and ill say sorry and ill leave your forums.

FlashDot, if you can't contribute some marginally eloquent and readable posts you will be banned. You're welcome to have your opinion and voice it, but voicing it in a combination of swear words, caps and text-slang/1337-speak doesn't make a readable post.

:o

HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL!

This thread has crashed off the road, and into the north point mall! :P

Allow me to bring it back on topic.

The future of MTA is simple.... IT IS WHAT THE MTA TEAM MAKES IT. :wink: I proclaim that SA will be the next big thing, but this will never be true unless the MTA team achieves it. If they don't build it. Someone else will (or try to).

The past transgressions of the team are irrelevant and void at this point. What they have with blue will be all we shall require from them now and forever (untill a new GTA game is foolishly released without a multiplayer mode). 8)

Now come on MTA team! Get to work slaves! SA is right around the corner and we have not tested blue for you guys yet! :D