The future of MTA is coming.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking bout the requirement of SA itself.......and closing the game area will quickly make the game boring........ and there also 2 complicated animations, if the mta team (all respect 4 u) cant make such anim as crouching how they gonna implement climbing...... or crouch walking........they gonna block em?? no, thank u

Having an area as big/bigger than VC will not be boring in MTA, having a closed off dark room in MTA for SA will not be boring...

How do you know they cant sync crouching? they've said they already have in blue

Blue is not MTA .01 to 5.X..

It is a brand new beast. Things that are nearly immpossible to implement now, become easy to achive with blue later.

Considering how important it is for the team to create a online mod for SA, I think this is the correct time to start pitching support\ideas\thoughts. Besides, what else are we gona do around here for excitement?

I think SA is more the possible for the following reasons.

1= It uses an advanced version of the same engine which powered GTA3\VC. The team should have little trouble converting data over to this.

2= The blue code sounds like it is very advanced stuff, and will probably be 80% compatible with SA.

3= Are we not playing GTA3\VC online now? That in of its'self speaks volumes.

The only way I see SA not going online, is if the team who is porting it to the PC, codes it in a way that will prevent it from ever happening.

u all missed my point ><

1. im sayin that it will be harder to do it good.... harder than for VC....well it seems for me......

2. SA Engine = Manhunt Engine which was converted from VC Engine.....such a conversion prolly needed removing some things such as net code ><

3. im not saying that big area of gameplay would be boring, im saying that closing the game area will quickly make it boring

4. in SA everything is loaded when the game starts (only interiors arent) so..... so it will need high cpu to work nicely but it's not an issue.... the issue is that there will not be ppl that will try to play it on comps the use now for VC (sth around 800 hmz :o)

and im not saying what can be do and what cant ....im just saying what im thinking bout the possibilties...... but....who would ever think that we gonna play mta...so.....gl with it.....peace :wink:

Nonetheless, MTA: SA is still a long way off.

There's still over three months left for San Andreas to actually release, and realistically, it will probably take the MTA team even longer to release a decent, playable version of a multiplayer mod for the game.

So I do think it might be a little premature to be saying "stop playing GTA3 and VC," because we'll be stuck with them for a long time.

It never hurts to think about the possibilities, but at this point, nobody can really see the limits...

Can the mta team make manhunt online? lol j/k. Blue will be big but we are only focusing on the modded part of it. Blue looks so good but I would want to see the regular online part of it. This part of mta's future will be big. We will also see more people playing than now which is about 50 - 100 a day

2. SA Engine = Manhunt Engine which was converted from VC Engine.....such a conversion prolly needed removing some things such as net code ><

They don't use the built-in netcode any more. And anyway, if I recall correctly, only GTA3 has left-over netcode.

4. in SA everything is loaded when the game starts (only interiors arent) so..... so it will need high cpu to work nicely but it's not an issue.... the issue is that there will not be ppl that will try to play it on comps the use now for VC (sth around 800 hmz :o)

People's specifications aren't really the MTA team's fault though. But then again, SA does work on the ageing PS2, so it will be interesting to see what the system requirements are.

:lol: Yep! There will be like 2 people playing MTA that day.

As much as I love playing SA on the ps2 (it is fun) I can't stop thinking--- " oh man, this is going to be sooooooooo much better on the pc!!! "

Like mouse aiming :shock: And faster, smoother, higher res graphics! It has become difficult for me to play SA on the ps2, because I want these features so bad! :o

oh, sorry about the spelling error on the thread topic :oops:(thx for fixing that) I never use a spell checker cause I am too lazy.

lots of people will still play mta then, not everyone immediatly goes out to buy sa you know

At this rate of player loss, we'll be lucky if 2 people are playing MTA the day SA is released. :lol:

Ok ok ok.... So maybe we'll have a whole 20 people playing that day. There, does that sound more realistic? :D

If blue is somehow released before this day, then the numbers will be more like 200 I suppose. :wink:

obciously, you should start reading the forums, blue IS supposed to be released before sa

even if....... im not gonna stop playin SA to play 'new' mta.... no way..... Im gonna cruise in my Elegy lookin for a fool in a black uniform :wink:

i think this game is fun if you want it to be. if you get bored of deathmatch use your imagination (or just go play stunt mode) what i'm trying to say is gather some of your buddies up and make up a new scenario whether it be a ghetto capture the flag or gangwar. i don't know whatever floats your boat.

i do have an example prepared which is what i originally wanted to post.

credit to [KFC]DrAke for this awesome idea.

one night he gathered a bunch of people and myself in the KFC gangwar server and he had this idea of "kill the don" i'll explain this the best i can: first of all everyone must turn off their name tags and radars (this sounds insane but the more i explain it will start to make sense) and go to the mansion except one person. this one person will be the attacker and he will spawn the secret service blue suit (so we can tell who he is) and will have all the time he needs (you can have a time limit if you want) to plan his attack and collect weapons. now the don must spawn the secret service black suit and his team can spawn whatever they wish except SS. the don gives everyone orders (ex: you guard this area). basically you have to place your men strategically so you can cover the whole mansion. when you spot the attacker you say BREACH or a code word. if he kills you, you can't respawn. you also can't leave the mansion (remember no nametags or anything). once the attacker or the don is killed it's all over.

i probablly missed something important, i'm sure i can answer your questions if you have any.

sorry if some of that didn't make sense it's 4am ;/

Edited by Guest

Aaron is right. We are tired because we don't use our imagination. Most of us don't go somewhere past killing. I was racing in SSV the other day and that was fun because there was killing all the time and everyone got sick of it. I should say another part of the future of mta is team deathmatch. This will attract a lot of people and keep the old ones. If you are all tired if FFA, play mta gather. Its really fun and organized because of the script. Just go on irc and get a few friends and go in #mta.gather and you might have a different experience of mta.

• 2 weeks later...

I only read the top half of your post but yeah I think your right.

I think in order to make the game more fn MTA should improve the graphics, they are getting really old now and there are some very awsome car modells and skins avalible that they should use to improve gameplay if they contacted the authors. :)

The future is getting closer people........ I was in walmart the other day, and I say thier release charts listing GTA SA for PC on june 7 as planned! 8)

Hell, I don't care if it won't play online for 5 months after release, SA on PC is gona freaking own. :twisted: It is awesome on the PS2, but on the PC......, oh man..... I am getting goosebumps! I better get my difibulator ready, I'm gona have a lot of heart attacks. :shock:

At the moment not everything is loaded at game start, why else do you think we have to put up with the horrendous pop-up? The game loads things as you see them, PS2 doesn't have nearly enough memory to load them all into its RAM (32Mb).

I think minimum specs for GTA:SA will be around 1Ghz. The PS2 has something like a 295Mhz processor so if it'll run on that then I'm sure it'll run on a reasonably crappy PC if you lower the settings a bit.

But onto the main topic. Hi, this is my first post in the forums but I've been playing MTA for a little while now. To be honest, some of you guys really do sound like you haven't played SA yet (no offence meant at all). One lazy sunday me and my bro played on SA for about 8-9 hours straight - funny thing is, in all that time we only bothered to complete 2 missions! That really goes to show you the freeform playability of the game - there's so much to do, it's crazy.

There are going to be so many possibilities with the game that it's impossible to predict them all. One thing that was mentioned earlier in the thread is that the game will simply be too large for it to be fun. I'd have to agree - a direct port of MTA over to SA would not work (IMO anyway). What we need to start doing now, as a community, is look at how we can rectify this - stop it from happening. My opinion is that we need better communication and organisation skills in MTA:SA. Like Rockstar did by including a full, markable map in the singleplayer game - we need to make it easier for groups to find each other and then organise events, races and missions.

There should be options for real, in-game races - people should be able to set out the course, mark it with coloured checkpoints and obstacles.

What about a 'Hunt Bigfoot' game mode? One person is declared Bigfoot, the rest are hunters. Bigfoot starts off in the forests and mountain area, the rest start off at the nearest Guns n Ammo. Bigfoot is on foot, the hunters can choose any vehicle they like. First person to kill or photograph Bigfoot wins. But this should all be on-the-fly and in game. Anyone played Neverwinter Nights online? They have a GM (Games Master) mode where one person takes the role of GM and directs the action, builds the environments, places the monsters, creates the dialogue...everything!

I know what I'm asking is next to impossible, especially for a non-professional team, but just think...how cool would that be?

And imagine playing Co-op multiplayer GTA:SA? Or at least co-op missions set in SA. Turf War as Team Deathmatch. Skydiving competitions, one person jumps out of a plane, the other is driving an open top car - first person must land in the car!

Seriously, we shouldn't be arguing about why VC is still great and SA won't change that. We should be arguing about which game modes should be introduced first!

That's why I suggest that the Moderators open up a new forum folder for MTA:SA discussion so we can post our wishlists, ideas and opinions in there. Start getting some useful debates going. What do you think? Agree with me? Disagree? Let's get some discussion going about what would be cool to include so that the talented people can then look at what's actually possible.

The plan is to port Blue technology over to SA, so people can program their own game modes. The idea behind Blue is that (almost) every single VC single player feature is available and I doubt this philosophy will be forsaken upon the release of SA unless for technical reasons, although I'm sure these will be overcome with time.

The reason why there's no MTA:SA section is because the team don't want to get people's hopes up and then find that multiplayer is impossible with SA (although this is unlikely).