The future of MTA is coming.

I am glad you like it talidan, that´s why I put my heart and soul into each post - to make that small difference that tips the scale.

What is the name of that theory ? You go back in time and kill a mosquito and change the future completely.

Anyone ?

ANYWAY, my point was, I´ve heard about the fantastic future of MTA for a long time.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no blue was announced about a year ago, b4 .4 around .3 i believe, dont remember ever seeing u around then (i know u were around when it started but i thought u took a break for a while) ive been around since .1 so i kno what im talkin about. i didnt say that i believed that the mta team didnt give a fuck, i was sayin y many ppl stopped playing. put me in a stereotype pool or w/e, but the mta team doesnt work near as hard on this mod as they used to, and u kno it

http://www.mtavc.com/archive.php?nummer=185

^^ that was in september which is only about 6months ago. You originally said it was 'a year and a half or so'

and yes i think you were accurate about me not being around then. i wasnt around from about -3weeks from the 0.4 release and got back around -1week from 0.4.1

lol i know what u mean bishop...cant remember that word either

Edited by Guest
http://www.mtavc.com/archive.php?nummer=185

^^ that was in september which is only about 6months ago. You originally said it was 'a year and a half or so'

and yes i think you were accurate about me not being around then. i wasnt around from about -3weeks from the 0.4 release and got back around -1week from 0.4.1

lol i know what u mean bishop...cant remember that word either

Their was a Mod called the 0.4 Core way before Blue was ever announced, it was on the main page as far as I remember.

Well, i myself am starting to get a bit "bored" with MTA.

Well actualy VC the same old map over and over can become boring but like this guys saying its all leading to better things.

I am hoping to see MTA SA because it would make me play MTA again. but atm VC and gta 3 just bore me because the games are old.

Having said that ... i like the idea of MTA being able to play my favourite game online with other people is great.. just the games to get dull after a couple of years!

• MTA Team

Development of Blue started in october 2003 or about 1,5 years ago. The initial use of Blue was not to become a new mod but it was more intended like a test container where we would be able to test new things in (starting with an ingame menu system).After a couple of months it became clear the the improved structure of Blue was better to build the mod on and we decided that we were gonna develop Blue as the next core for MTA. Since then we have been messing with it. We have had times where Blue was playable and then there are times like last month when Blue is a total mess and there is no working netcode or no working interface with GTA and stuff.

We also kept developing on the old stuff. 0.3 was the first version we released after we started on Blue if I am not mistaking. And we have kept on developing from 0.3 as well. We kept Blue a secret for a long time because we did not know what would become of it. If it would reach our expectations. We did not even know in the beginning what exactly we wanted to do with it. Blue has delayed development on the current versions and vice versa.

At this moment we are picking up the pase on Blue again because we need a release before SA. We need to know how stable it is an what issues there are so we can fix them in time and only work on SA compatibility when SA comes out on PC. Vice is old and GTA3 even older. We know that and we know that a lot of people are going away. Especially because we don't have any real gamemodes (mta:ma scripts not withstanding). We still have the basic gameplay we have for almost 2 years now.

And one more thing : there is no Blue for SA, it will have another name :P

..and we've had some major developments this month.

I get it's hard for most people to understand the development process. Sometimes you have to make choices and later on it turns out that you've made a wrong choice. So you'll have to revert back and do it over again. Dont worry though, we're on the right track again.

All of that is because we want to create the most amazing multiplayer hack (platform?) out there.

And believe me, you'll be amazed too.

Edited by Guest
i guess i was wrong with one thing and right with the other, and btw yankees:

no blue was announced about a year ago,

i was rihgt in saying blue was only accounced 6months ago

well ive known about it longer than 6 months, dont ask me how cuz i dont remember who told me about it

MULTI THEFT AUTO RED, for SAN ANDREAS? :D

I like it.

Red for the blood we will all be spilling :twisted:

Yeah, I hope you guys understand my point well-- the domination thingy. What I mean is, this forum will be absolutly bombarded with questions from hundreds of noobs all asking something along the lines of---

" WHEN WILL MTA WORK WITH SAN ANDREAS? "

Get ready to hear this a lot in our future. :wink: (like just after june 7)

A sticky will have to be made about that to prevent a hundred identicle threads.

SA will bring a huge surge of new and lost players back to MTA. To say, SA is not important, or is not the future, or won't be that good online ect, is irrelevant. It is the future and that is the bottom line. The few hundred active GTA3\VC players ain't piss compared to what SA will bring in.

And even though the majority here now seems to think lowly of SA, there are millions of others like me, who think it pwns GTA3\VC.

I am willing to bet, we will be playing each other in basket ball in SA before the end of this year..... And if everything goes well, it will even be synched!:lol:

Wonderfull to hear that the team is preparing for SA, you guys rule! 8)

well, i think the thing that is making the mta boring is not the game itself but us......... WE make the game boring.......the same ol' dueling.......let me tell u a story..... the other day i was duleing with a PCP on the sailor ship...... quickly it started to be boring........ so i decided to have fun....for real......i run to the opening cutscene area and saw my enemy runnin behind me so i quickly run forward, jumped upon the water and hit the HP laying at the boatyard (i had 15 hp) ...... that was awesome..... dunno why.....sometimes when u make sth u just feel happy bout it....and that looked awesome....... 8) So.....if u dont want the game to be boring play in a non-boring way ........ VC got so many features.....use em for ur advantage...... and for MTA SA....... i think it wont be possible during 2 things:

1. auto aim system with the 'the longer u hold the bigger dmg is' system

2. its just 2 big :roll:

Ok, now there is another issue I'd like to discuss a little.

SAN ANDREAS IS TOO BIG FOR ONLINE PLAY?

Why? Because of lag??

Lag is not an issue if you have the same amount of players, and the same amount of vehicles as we have now. The lag would be nearly identicle. Things like buildings, landscape data, ect, are not sent as information over the net. ONLY VEHICLES, PLAYER LOCATIONS and other misc info are. The size of the game will hardly affect the lag, provided your pc is decent enough to play SA.

Now, too big for only 26 players?

That is definately a much more convincing point. But then again, one could say " VICE CITY is too big ". Should we shorten that up too? Hell, the first island is hardly used, lets cut that out....

People will populate the more fun areas, just as they do now. It is impractical to neuter SA. For a first release, the team could just concentrate on the more fun areas, and have the entire world opened up to explore, for those who wish to do so. It would be harder to isolate the game into individual sections, then to just put the good spawns close together ect.

So I think that will end up being the final choice. I don't speak for the team, but I'll bet my money on that theory. ( a whole 3 dollars and 55 cents )

Of course, please consider the possibility that the BLUE code will allow for more then 26 players. 8)

I was thinking bout the requirement of SA itself.......and closing the game area will quickly make the game boring........ and there also 2 complicated animations, if the mta team (all respect 4 u) cant make such anim as crouching how they gonna implement climbing...... or crouch walking........they gonna block em?? no, thank u

Its better to discuss things now than wait. Maybe a few suggestions from here will be kept in mind when atarting on the first day of working on SA.

I think he is sayin dont be nit picky about things, until its released and you know the true possibilites.