fastman92 limit adjuster and stream memory fix

danuixas

http://www.gtainside.com/en/sanandreas/ ... uster-3-3/

I think alot of people agree that this must be implemented ? like it unlocks alot of possibilities in mta world like adding additional cars and so on..idk if its hard or not but, it would be helpfull for alot of servers.

And our dear old stream memory problems everybody should know about them at least now, its a big problem in custom modelling and wanting to make something bigger, so a new better stream memory fix should be really be implemented in mta it kills our projects with alot of custom objects and our fps

Edited by Guest
  • 3 weeks later...
On 23.08.2016 at 0:28 AM, danuixas said:

http://www.gtainside.com/en/sanandreas/ ... uster-3-3/

I think alot of people agree that this must be implemented ? like it unlocks alot of possibilities in mta world like adding additional cars and so on..idk if its hard or not but, it would be helpfull for alot of servers.

And our dear old stream memory problems everybody should know about them at least now, its a big problem in custom modelling and wanting to make something bigger, so a new better stream memory fix should be really be implemented in mta it kills our projects with alot of custom objects and our fps

I second that completely. 

It's not hard to make the code compatible with the new limits. 

It only requires the understanding what are the limits defined by:

like file ID limit will obviously reallocate the file info array,  which has 26316 elements by default and if we want more the limit adjuster must move this array.  Pretty simple. 

I had a quick flick through the code.  I'm not very competent in MTA's own limit adjuster code, so don't have the full story.  But some things to consider:

1. There's some clear overlap with MTA's own Pool and Model limit adjusters.  There's some complexity in putting this in safely into MTA's own source code.  
  2. It seems to me like a lot of the limit boosts here are useful if you're modifying GTASA's configuration files...ide and IPL files.  MTA's own modding system interfaces directly with the game 
  3. It seems to only be compatible with cracked versions of the game.  MTA is compatible with all 1.0 San Andreas versions.

None of which is to say there's no potential here.  Certainly needs some detailed analysis.