mod detection in MTA

Guest CleverFool

I've been banned today from one of official MTA servers:

VCES>BrophY: !ban clev mod
Disconnected: You are banned. (Delay = 10 sec)
VCES>BrophY is banning CleverFool, Reason: mod

However I never ever used any mods or cheats when playing in MTA. Question is - this could be some bug in MTA mod detection mechanism or just stupid server admin?

ive had complants all day that u have been speed hacking, from various ppl, they told me u came back so i entered server and banned u

Hi. Thanks for fast reply. I've entered server only this evening (maybe half an hour ago) - so I couldn't do something bad all day. And this was my second MTA game at all. Last and only time I was playing at your server - was yesterday (or maybe one day before yesterday - I don't remeber). The only thing I could do wrong - that I choosed crusader as my skin. I didn't knew it was prohibited. Anyway I don't know what is speed hacking at all:D Maybe I am big lamer in this game, but not a cheater:)

Anyway thanks for possibility to say something to protect myself.

CleverFool... Could of been a guy using CIeverfool? Yet another exploit in mta gone unfixed.

How is misspelling a name an 'unfixed' MTA exploit? Do please explain, thanks.

I've never used CIeverfool as my nickname. I don't understand your question and I want you to understand. I complete newbie at this game. I've GTA:VC installed on my computer less than a week. And I don't understand your slang and what I've been doing wrong. As I said I've entered your server only twice (not counting big ping disconnections of course) and have not used any "hacks". I don't need unbanning on your server, 'cos for me any server is good enough and I don't have any friends at your server yet. I just don't like being called cheater or lier. That's all.

Cleverfool the question was aimed at VCES>Twig and his rather odd comment, not yourself.

Sorry. I'm becoming too selfish and stupid :D Must go sleep and become a clever programmer:)

I propose we ban ls and Is as they look too similar.

If you'll leave me banned, then you will never sleep again, because I'm innocent. And I will never change my nickname, because of some crazy cheater or admins, that thinks I'm cheater.

I just wander why nobody asked me if I'm cheating before banning. I could explain that I'm always playing for fun, not for "Look at me - I'm most greatest hacker in all world".

If you are talking not about me, but about banning people with the same nicks, but with "l" changed to "I, that is too bad idea. The most wonderfull descision here could be updating server script, so after I registered CleverFool nick, nobody could register or use CIeverfool.

AND ONE MORE TIME: I'M NOT A CHEATER!!! CAN YOU JUST CHECK MY IP?! IS IT VERY DIFFICULT?! MUCH MORE SIMPLIER IS TO CALL INNOCIENT MAN - CHEATER.

I'm sorry about a rampage one paragraph above. I just don't get WHY? WHY?! WHY?!! :?

Cleverfool the question was aimed at VCES>Twig and his rather odd comment, not yourself.

Rather odd? Thank you eAi for not simply dismissing my comment as 'odd'.

And yes MrBump maybe you have not realised but I's an L's are exploited within names in mta, meaning that ingame 'Cleverfool' and 'CIeverfool' read exactly the same.

You can only spot the difference from remote admin because of the differing font used.

Hence why i made my comment, actually making it not 'odd' at all.

:arrow: Anyway problem solved.

Rather odd? Thank you eAi for not simply dismissing my comment as 'odd'.

And yes MrBump maybe you have not realised but I's an L's are exploited within names in mta, meaning that ingame 'Cleverfool' and 'CIeverfool' read exactly the same.

You can only spot the difference from remote admin because of the differing font used.

Hence why i made my comment, actually making it not 'odd' at all.

:arrow: Anyway problem solved.

I get that I and L are interchangeable but how is this an exploit?

I won't use the real name since it will prompt a confusing reply but if CIark came into my server and cheated and later Clark came in and wasn't cheating he wouldn't get banned because I need to see someone cheating in order to ban them. It looks like you are using this font trick to excuse ban adminning.

In order for this to be an exploit it would have to give you some unfair advantage...

Not to mention that with the register script it's not possible to lame someones name.... you can only spoof them.

Maybe in all you wisdom KFG you could tell us how it isnt an exploitable part of mta?

In order for this to be an exploit it would have to give you some unfair advantage...

Not really, although it does give them an advantage, anyone ingame would not be able to tell the difference.

HAHA incredible. your right eai, lets ban I and 1

I think you mean L and I, and sometimes MrBump things can be solved without banning them.

Maybe in all you wisdom KFG you could tell us how it isnt an exploitable part of mta?

Not really, although it does give them an advantage, anyone ingame would not be able to tell the difference

Not being able to tell what name they have doesn't help them kill or play better.

It's only a bad thing when you have admin who make rash snap judgements because they are too lazy to check to see if a person is really cheating. This is assuming that somone was doing a "one armed man" thing to this Clever guy. I think it's another case of someone calling someone a cheater in MTA... happens all the time but admins should know better.

Being banned from a server sucks so before you do that to someone verify. If you did that you could reply to this guy and say he was 100% cheating. Instead you had to admit you banned on hearsay.

You use the word 'you' yet i wasn't the admin different people admin differently. I personally check before i ban anyone no matter who says, even people from vces.

I'm sure your admins are trained in the correct use of admin aswell kfg.

Not being able to tell what name they have doesn't help them kill or play better.

Killing isn't everything though, most modders do it just to irritate, using the exploit to confuse and avoid getting banned themself.

One question: what happens when someone gets banned from a server in CSS? Do they send an angry email to Valve, as if it's Valve's fault? No, they just play on a different server. Granted, CSS has significantly more servers than MTA, but MTA has several fast, well-admined servers.

One question: what happens when someone gets banned from a server in CSS? Do they send an angry email to Valve, as if it's Valve's fault? No, they just play on a different server. Granted, CSS has significantly more servers than MTA, but MTA has several fast, well-admined servers.

This not angry mail for MTA because of banning me. HERE I just wanted to ask if there some buggy mod detection in MTA server - nothing more. An that's all. Look at the header - it says: "mod detection in MTA".

Because MTA is much smaller it's more personal.

If you have a problem at a corner store you can easily speak with the owner... Try that at Walmart :wink: