Boss' suggestions, revisited...

Boss

I usually post in this thread once every 5 months to suggest some things that could be done in this current core, I just don't mention them that much because I know the the team is working on gameplay, stability and of course, the next core.

Firstly, for both GTA3 and Vice City, I'd suggest that you change the way the cars explode to be like in single player. What I mean with this is that in MTA, when the car catches the "nearing explosion" fire, it simply takes some seconds to blow up, independentaly if it is shot or no, while in single player, when those flames start, if you keep shooting it blows up faster. Us GTA3 veterans should easily remember how hard it was to cruise around the mafia area after killing Salvatore... Almost impossible to not die inside a car, because it blows up when it's hp ends, instead of always taking 3-5 seconds for it to explode like in MTA.

Secondly, I know modding is something that your trying to make possible for the next core, but regarding the current one, hopefully right in the next version, would it be possible to allow admins to at least configure the weapon.dat to their preferences (in this case, if it requires modifying the MTA files, then never mind this suggestion), providing links to the file or sending directly to the players, to allow them to play? The file is not that large, and it's not like people would be downloading it all the time..

w00t.

The cars, i think they already burn like 2-3 sec's in VC...

Modding, yea it would b cool but i dont know how can we make so other players have access the mod you use (ex: map modifications, add-on's...).

+ mods should be limited, cuz sometimes i find mods like super punch (that kills with only 1 punch) and all those weapon modz

watch what you type, even in small fonts drizzy :?

anyhow boss, I like how you are given a chance to bail on a car before it explodes. I think this was discussed a while back and they mentioned something about having to time the explosions so they sync better. I hated travelling in portland cause of those damn gorrilas with their shotguns.

As far as letting servers control the weapons.dat: good idea, probably would cost more bandwidth but it would be interesting. I imagine the reason there aren't too many server side variable like weapons and stuff is that the current core is precarious as it is without throwing in a bunch of wildcards.

Well it would make a person certainly reconsider using a car as a noob weapon... but hell I get enough car blow-up deaths already. I think its pretty good already.

If you didn't have the getup-shoot-kill so you can bail out without getting ripped off by a stubby, possibly I'd really like this.

Also, i swear the cars blow up sooner than in single player in MTA, like, you have to crash less. And in MTA3, when the car is on fire why does it blow so much sooner than in VC, in VC if you flip a car you can crawl out and get like maybe 10 metres away before it blows, but in 3 sometimes i just manage to get out and then am killed by the blast

Just wondering

Well, they did replace the fire to avoid crashes, but that doesn't make impossible the possibility to have the cars blowing up like in single player..

Perhaps as an option for admins like the weapon suggestion? :P

The reason we used this method, is because the game would crash if a car blew up when there was an actor still in a car. I'm not even sure if it's still required to use the method, as we gained lots of info and experience about the game since we decided to simulate cardeaths.

I think current method is acceptable, but maybe we could have another look at it.

The reason we used this method, is because the game would crash if a car blew up when there was an actor still in a car. I'm not even sure if it's still required to use the method, as we gained lots of info and experience about the game since we decided to simulate cardeaths.

I think current method is acceptable, but maybe we could have another look at it.

So does that mean that Blue still uses the old method?

If I'm not mistaken Jon, the crash caused by an actor in a car is due to desyncronization issues (at least I believe to be so), and because Blue will offer a far more efficient control of what's hapening, the change might be a possibility in the future..

but maybe we could have another look at it.

Sounds promising :) .