Is MTA:Blue the final versoin of MTA?

maybe you should wait for blue to be released before asking that. They have not made any comments one way or the other, but if the past has been any indication, theres a good chance of a bugfix release afterwards (not that they plan on there being any bugs :wink: )

The development time thats gone into Blue - almost a year and a half - means that its a pretty substantial product, and we're trying to make it support all the things people have dreamed of since they first heard of MTA (and were inevitably dissapointed by its current release). Concequently, we believe that Blue is probably flexible enough for us to build on it for many years to come, unlike the current core which has grown too big for its (metaphorical) boots. That clearly means that we plan to release multiple releases based on blue. I supose change-wise, blue will be final for MTA, we won't start on a new core, the ammount of time invested in blue wouldn't make that practical, so whatever is release with blue will exist in all future versions (at least in principle).

eAi

so your taking the old "MTA:Rust" core out to the pasture? good for you :)

you should relese the source code

lol

Source code = bad.

Soo many cheaters and hacks then. That's like telling Valve to release the source code to steam and HL2 so people can easily make the biggest cheats in history without any problems and so on.

Its possible at some point we will release 0.5's source code, but I think its unlikely. Its really not in any state worth releasing, it would take someone months to work out what the hell was going on in it. This is why we're "moving on" and not too keen to work on the old core.

We believe that blue will offer programmers to do all they want with MTA, and concequently, releasing an old piece of source code would be redundant.

eAi

The answer to which is quite obviously yes.

i wouldnt say obviously yes, because this project was announced a :o year ago, and it seems that there have been no/few updates released to it.

Correction: It was started over a year ago. I can't remember when they announced it, but it was about 5 months ago.

they know that the mta guys will do it for them. :wink: not to mention their sony agreement barring them from adding any new major content for other platforms. The best think rockstar could do is make it as easy as possible for the mta team.