Just a very simple question

I do not have vice city for computer yet, but im planning on getting it and modding it with mta, but my main question has to do with skin mods on mta, will mta still work if my character has a .dff or .txt asscosiated with it??

Thnx.

evo.gif

Edited by JonChappell: The orange text was virtually unreadable.

He said he was gonna mod it with MTA (adding MTA to VC is called modding)

You ppl are so touchy... MTA is a mod!!!!

The second question he has was about custom skins... that isn't allowed yet

Bottomline

You can have a clean install of GTAVC with MTA but no other mods

Typically you want a separate install for MTA and for other VC mods

I have a 5 Vice City installs on my computer

1 for MTA versions 0.2.2, 0.3, 0.4.1, 0.5 and another with some single player mods on it...

It's well worth getting and improving all the time... enjoy

Actually IJs says its a hack rather than a mod, but I know it can be looked at from both sides.

Yes MTA is a mod but its their choice wheter their mod can be modded or not and used officially. Noone likes a cheater, thats why we are all touchy. A modder without consent is a cheater.

as far as the question of if you can use an alternate skin, that is possible for the default character that you play as in portland and staunton. just make the skin, go to single player, select the one you want, then go in mta. Modifying the existing files is not possible, but using a skin addon is through the regular menu is single player. dont change it in mta because it crashes.

allrite thnx, o i forgot to ask if just bitmap skins are ok to use?

evo.gif

well, i guess they are ok, they never caused me or...looks like rebel and problems (look @ his sig :roll: )

you can make bitmap skins and use them in the skin changer which is in the GTAVC options, they cause NO problems.

allrite thnx, o i forgot to ask if just bitmap skins are ok to use?

evo.gif

well, i guess they are ok, they never caused me or...looks like rebel and problems (look @ his sig :roll: )

you can make bitmap skins and use them in the skin changer which is in the GTAVC options, they cause NO problems.

i havent made a new skin.. thats just the second player skin in gta3, forgot to mention that it could possibly work in gta3