MP3Player Randomization

yea dont use the actual files that wastes space... but theres a program called "randomizer', I cant remember the exact name. It should be under GTA3 files or something, because it was made awhile back and has a GTA3-style icon. But it works for Vice. You just click the exe after putting it in your vc directory and it does it. Theres no interface or anything.

Its not automatic though, everytime you want the order to change you have to click the exe again before playing (a shortcut next to your mta client shortcut could easily do this though).

Its not automatic though, everytime you want the order to change you have to click the exe again before playing (a shortcut next to your mta client shortcut could easily do this though).

You could do it easily with a batch file. Just put the two exe filenames on separate lines in a Notepad file and save it with a .bat extension. Whenever you want to run MTA, fire up the batch file and it will open both applications automatically.

Hmm... I tried testing the .bat extention with i .doc file and .txt file but it opens only one file (the .doc) and when i close it the .txt file comes. Why it come this way?

.... oh yeah. I forgot about that. The solution is to do it like this:

cd C:\Program Files\iTunes
start iTunes.exe

cd C:\Program Files\Multi Theft Auto
start MTAClient.exe

I tested it and it fires them both up at the same time.

Maybe if I'm bored sometime, I'll knock up a quick randomizer/song chooser, or somthing similar ;)

eAi

Oh that would be awesome :)

I wish there was an easier way to use the other channels as MP3 stations also, without trying to smash a bunch of songs into 1 file. Too hard to manage.

You could do it easily with a batch file. Just put the two exe filenames on separate lines in a Notepad file and save it with a .bat extension. Whenever you want to run MTA, fire up the batch file and it will open both applications automatically.

I've never done such a thing, whats the exact wording, directions, and where do you put it?

Edited by Guest

I've never done such a thing, whats the exact wording, directions, and where do you put it?

1. Fire up Notepad.

2. I don't know the path to the file in question, so I just used iTunes because it was on my desktop. Type the following and adapt it to your needs:

cd C:\Program Files\iTunes 
start iTunes.exe 

cd C:\Program Files\Multi Theft Auto 
start MTAClient.exe

3. Save it with a .bat extension instead of a .txt one.

4. Double-click it to fire it up like a normal exe file.

Tip: If you don't like seeing the commands displayed in the console window, put "@echo off" as the first line (without quotes).

Well thats a cool lil trick thx.. now I can put a ton of mp3s in the folder as I might actually get to them.. is there anywhere I can read about about batches? I'm sure theres more great uses?

ps even with echo off it still displays the cmd.

---

Another thing I need to figure out is if theres a way to always make the radio tune to the mp3 station. My other stations have been muted to 1kb files. San Andreas has this option.. pity Vice doesn't.

For some reason, I can't get it to change directory in any other directories than C:\*

Here's what I have, but when it echos, it won't change directory :?

cd D:\Rockstar games\GTAIII\
start Randomiser.exe /nolaunch

cd D:\Rockstar games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\

cd D:\Program Files\Multi theft auto\
start MTAClient.exe

Here's what i get in command prompt:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\michael>cd D:\

C:\Documents and Settings\michael>

Well thats a cool lil trick thx.. now I can put a ton of mp3s in the folder as I might actually get to them.. is there anywhere I can read about about batches? I'm sure theres more great uses?

http://www.cs.ntu.edu.au/homepages/bea/ ... ption.html

My favourite command is Choice. 8) God, I need to get out more.

If you're familiar with programming logic (you don't necessarily have to have programming experience), you can do relatively complex things (bear in mind though that batch programming hasn't changed since DOS).

ps even with echo off it still displays the cmd.

Sorry, I meant that it wouldn't display the code in the window. The window still pops up. You can't stop that. My advice would be to create a shortcut to the batch file and set it to open minimised.

I remember having a similar problem in VB. You have to change the drive and then change the folder.

A quick Google search results in the following:

If your OS is Windows NT/2K - just use CD's /d switch...

cd /d c:\temp

In MS-DOS and Windows 9x a simple trick changes the drive. Just add a trailing backslash to the path...

D:\>c:\temp\

http://www.fpschultze.de/bsh.htm#a3

P.S. That site has loads of info.

Edit: This post was in reply to Mike's query.

Here's the code i'm using now if anyone needs it, also, catch me on MSN if you need the randomiser.

cd /d D:\Rockstar games\GTAIII\

cd D:\Rockstar games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\

cd D:\Program Files\Multi theft auto\
start MTAClient.exe

Edit: Also, if you want to get it looking perfect, make a shortcut to the .bat file, then goto properties -> change icon -> MTA directory -> MTAClient.exe and you can use that icon.

:o

Anyways... ya now I got this working but the GTA3 mp3 one stopped working right for some reason. I'm getting "file not found", when I click the exe. I don't know what the deal is. The one in the VC folder still works. I was hoping batch files could copy folders on run... cause both mp3 folders are the same and I can't get the exe working.

Anyways... ya now I got this working but the GTA3 mp3 one stopped working right for some reason. I'm getting "file not found", when I click the exe. I don't know what the deal is. The one in the VC folder still works. I was hoping batch files could copy folders on run... cause both mp3 folders are the same and I can't get the exe working.

Here's a quick one I made up:

cd c:\
mkdir test
xcopy *.* test

This copies all of the files in the C:\ directory (no subdirectories) to a folder called C:\Test. Or you could change it from *.* to *.mp3 or whatever.