How do I bind the multiplayer menu to another key?

sorry randy for misunderstanding, the problem may be fixed by changing the script bind key if you own the server or ask the server developers you play in to change the bind key or find a help for your problem, But if you want to change the F1 key to another key in your keyboard then ask your PC manufacturing or company to change your F1 hotkey to another key, OR wait for any community member here may they have a good idea to solve your problem.

There is a default resource found in serverFolder/mods/deathmatch/resources/gameplay/freeroam

The resource is called "freeroam" You want to open the fr_client.lua file and find the event "onClientResourceStart" and change the bind key there. Also if you want to change the message "Press F1 to show/hide controls" open the fr_server.lua and find that as well. When you're all done, just save the script and restart the resource or start the server.

There is a default resource found in serverFolder/mods/deathmatch/resources/gameplay/freeroam

The resource is called "freeroam" You want to open the fr_client.lua file and find the event "onClientResourceStart" and change the bind key there. Also if you want to change the message "Press F1 to show/hide controls" open the fr_server.lua and find that as well. When you're all done, just save the script and restart the resource or start the server.

You will find it in the resource freeRoam.

He just started playing MTA:SA two days ago, do you seriously think he's a server owner?

Randy, you mean you want to open the Freeroam F1 panel with other key. Well, the freeroam panel can be opened too with the command "/fr", so do this:

-Open the console (press F8).

-Type "bind [key] fr" and press enter.

The key can be for example F3, now when you press F3 you'll open it without having to press the default F1 key.

I hope I helped you :D

You will find it in the resource freeRoam.

He just started playing MTA:SA two days ago, do you seriously think he's a server owner?

Randy, you mean you want to open the Freeroam F1 panel with other key. Well, the freeroam panel can be opened too with the command "/fr", so do this:

-Open the console (press F8).

-Type "bind [key] fr" and press enter.

The key can be for example F3, now when you press F3 you'll open it without having to press the default F1 key.

I hope I helped you :D

hahaha this is a nice tuto for new Players :)

• 3 weeks later...