pause menu

well, mta is up to 0.5.. so i have to wonder.. what is it that is inherent to the game which forces a player to be invincible when they press escape? this has got to be the number one worst cheat in mta. it doesnt require third party programs, or anything. you get persued, so you press escape. car flips? press escape.

i obviously have no idea what it takes to code this, but being a coder in other languages, im QUITE curiuos to know just what it is that prevents a person from being able to be hurt when paused? the 12 year olds find out about this 5 seconds after playing, and they never stop.

Its a problem cause newbies, novice cheaters, and just people trying to escape a disgraceful death after arguing with that person do it. So therefore... all people will do it, even vets (okay okay I wont lie I did it a few times but only jokingly :P).

My plan to make the pressing of the Escape Key cause the players computer to explode was rejected early on. More's the pity.

It should be reconsidered, using this technology!

http://www.snpx.com/Images/computerbomb.jpg

On a technicallity note: if the client side tracks damage, then the mta client should also be able to determine if your paused, and it should also know your X-Y-Z Coordinates.. so if an enemy shoots your direction whilst paused, the mta client could calculate collision detection rather than relying on gta...

)>-GTAtari-<(

I also used it, but in the meantime, it got boring.

But you need the Pause.

I mean, sometimes you have to look at the map, to see where other ppl are and how wide they are spread.

So what will you do?

Will you let the time go on while pausing?

It would be the only idea, and i am sure that gta still runs in the background while you are in Pause, but sets the Timespeed to 0 (Matrix-style, muhaha).

My plan to make the pressing of the Escape Key cause the players computer to explode was rejected early on. More's the pity.

It should be reconsidered, using this technology!

http://www.snpx.com/Images/computerbomb.jpg

Worst BS i have ever read. Wrong on so many levels.

Though, Hilarious. Theres some other tabliod artical I saw: "Talking French Fry Saves Womans Life", I was cracking up in the check-out isle.

)>-GTAtari-<(