something like SteamIDs^^

hiho

another idea ;-)

You know for sure the problem with banning people. they just disconnect, change their IP or their name and reconnect....

Maybe you know the solution of steam/valve for this:

every gamer has a SteamID, which is static.

----------------------------

My idea is this:

Before a player can join MTA : Blue, he has first create a account at the MTA Homepage. There he has to put his email and his ingame-nick into a form.

then the homepage generates a account ID, which will be sent to the email.

Now the player can start MTA Blue, and has to fill in his Account ID, his email and ingame-nick. now he clicks a "VERIFY" button and the client will check, if the account is valid.

When it is valid, his client will save this at the computer. the players has not to verify his account again, blue will ALLWAYS connect at this account( the account information is saved on the computer in a encrypted file )

if a player wants to change his nick, he has to contact the MtaID Support Team and give a reason for that.

Old unused nicks, which are given away by their originaly owners, can later ONLY used by the originaly owners. in that way, nobody can use a nick of somebody else.

I think that you can prevent cheating or using of another nick from another person.

i hope you understood my idea *gg*

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue with this system - somthing I've been thinking about for months - is that theres no punishment for registering multiple accounts. I've come to the conculsion that there are 3 options here:

1: Charge a small ammount (say $1) for the account - that wouldn't be selling MTA, just the ability to play on "secure" servers

2: Take a long time to activate the account (say 2 days), to slow the whole process down, afterall, time is money.

3: Moderate it carefully and cross check each registration (i.e. have they used the email before, check the IPs used etc)

#1 is clearly the best, I'm not sure if people would be willing to pay the $1 to be able to play MTA in a cheat free enviroment. Clearly, if you cheated, you'd have to buy another $1 account - could get costly for cheaters.

I'm not suggesting we're going to do any of these things, but it'd be interesting to see what people think.

eAi

Edited by Guest

People act like they pay for it now I can't imagine the complaints if they actually did pay for it.

Plus, ppl are being banned right now for things that are not cheating by people who do not understand the quirks of the latest version.

I can't imagine the mess that this new list managment would be.

yea, i never paid for any piece of software in my life..except for the GTA series. (GTAIII, VC, SA.)

beside, if its automated its hackable.

if its a human behind a paypal account, it will take too much time.

i dont suggest a server side cheat protection system at all acually.

there are plenty of good anticheats that work client side, without a server-side registration.

what if some noobie admin bans you because they don't like you or don't understand something, how does the banning work even?

i thought that admins only can kick or ban for 12 hours. if they want a ban for life, they have to ask the MTA Admins, a support team xD. When there are 5 requests of admins, the player will be banned

Com'on $1 = £ 0.50p, u cnt pull out 50p..lmao,

payin is an gud idea but ppl wud need to sign up to paypal etc.

Hmm, i would wonder what that 50p was doing at the other and and what use it would be paying it. I aint gonna pay 50p to play a game knowing MrBump buying himself a pint at the other end.

Also having to pay 50p to signup for an ID would just put a barrier up for all the noobs. Imagine the 100's of posts, 'How do i play' , 'Who do i pay for my ID?'. Too complicated and far too risky as far as exploitation goes, i mean MTA can't even stop them modifying their games, imagine what fun they'd have with an ID system.

what if some noobie admin bans you because they don't like you or don't understand something, how does the banning work even?

i thought that admins only can kick or ban for 12 hours. if they want a ban for life, they have to ask the MTA Admins, a support team xD. When there are 5 requests of admins, the player will be banned

That just wouldn't work. Anyone could start a server, and then ban someone they don't like for 12 hours....

It would have to be like the system now, you can ban people on your server only. The main idea of this is just to provide something that cannot be changed as easily? as people can change IPs pretty easily/quickly...

Great idea! I'm sure Rockstar would just love the fact that people have to pay someone else to play their game!

No, they won't be buying your software (or is it even software? ingame client..), but they might as well be, seeing how they would have to pay to be able to play in the first place.

Nonetheless, this whole paying idea wouldn't be too bad for the current community of gamers that play MTA. But new people will turn this game down the first time they hear anything about paying. Having people pay is just a desperate act to stop cheaters, when I still think that you all should WAIT AND SEE just how many cheaters pop up.

People seem to missunderstand. They wouldn't have to pay for MTA. It'd be up to the server owner if it was "secure" or not.

Imagine someone runs a server, and says "if you pay me $1 I'll let you play on it"... thats all it would be, but centralised.

I'm not suggesting for one minute we'd ever do this though.

I'm sure Rockstar would just love the fact that people have to pay someone else to play their game!
I think you missunderstand. This isn't a plan to tax people who buy R*'s games, its a possible way to reduce cheating by making bans cost somthing. It would clearly have to be backed with a resilliant and reliable anti-cheat, not admin's judgement. Where the money goes is irrelevant - charity probably.

Other games stop cheaters by making them pay - pretty much all other online games cost money afterall.

eAi

Making people pay to play would bring the numbers down a lot even if it was a dollar. Not many people would do this because they would have to get paypal or make a money order. Also, most of the players are teens from 13 - 18, why would they want to pay? Money order isn't that fast but paypal is but you need a credit card. I have a credit card and I am a teen but even though I have the requirements, I wouldn't pay. Maybe on the perfect version but not now. MTA isn't ready for this yet.

sadly I don't think a dollar would get rid some cheaters.

I heard of poeple buying like 6 copys of diablo 2 full retail just to use a dupe hack, and when there cd keys got banned they would use a new one. of course they were making money(poor idiots paying for d2 items).

what would stop someone from making 10 acounts I mean it's only 10 dollars for there fun.

That just wouldn't work. Anyone could start a server, and then ban someone they don't like for 12 hours....

It would have to be like the system now, you can ban people on your server only. The main idea of this is just to provide something that cannot be changed as easily? as people can change IPs pretty easily/quickly...

hmm

the server admin/owner can only ban at his server. but if you have found a cheater, you stick together with other admins and say that to the MTA Team, which will do a masterban at all servers.

if you can't afford 1 dollar, i laugh @ you. We're talking about MTA:Blue here, this is gonna be revolutionary, in other words: well worth $1. There's also plenty of time to work out a plan to deter modders, plus, if you pay $10 or so for 10 accounts, you're pretty much throwing $10 in the trash, because you're more than likely gonna get caught by some anti-cheat program that could/should be used alongside of MTABlue.

i'd go with eai's number 2 & 3. make it about 2 hours (not two days) to wait for a new reg, and check emails / ips. some corporations use it (i can give those forums as example: you cannot enter the same email twice. and it can take a certain time amount for the verification email to arive to your mail, so no fake emails are alowed.).