connection timed out!!!

mohammed21999

Question

Hello guys, I faced a problem today when I was going to connect to mta servers!!

today I was going to enter my favorite server, but unfortunately it just give me,

( connecting to mtasa://xx.xxx.xx.xx:xxxxx ... ).

After this message pops-up on my screen for about 10 - 15 sec, another message pop-up ( Entering the game ... ).

Then I get a disconnection message. The labels for these two messages was ( Connecting ).

The disconnection message is ( Disconnected: connection to the server was lost ) and the label for it is ( Error [CD16] ).

this is the full explanation for the problem. I know this explanation was very silly :mrgreen: , but it was was deliberate.

For more information:-

- I can see all servers in the server list.

- I can connect to every IP, but after connecting it disconnect me without downloading anything or fully connect.

- I can see all players in, who are playing in the servers in the right list.

- I re-installed GTA SA , I re-downloaded MTA from the official site ( mtasa.com ), turned off anti-virus, emptied recycle Bin, restarted my PC, restarted my router, and I did some more things that I read them at this forum, but I didn't found any solutions for my problem.

Thank for every one who read this topic, and I am sorry if it was too long.

Thanks in advance

My kind regards.

hmm, I have just re-installed bot GTA SA and MTA SA and I have tested GTA SA and played in it for half an hour seems work fine now, but when I have tried I have got the same problem, "entering random server" > getting "entering the game" > "cursor doesn't move and screen is holding (lagging)" > "CD16 (connection to the server was lost )", really don't know the issue but I am waiting for a solution from you guys, thank you really appreciate your efforts.

Are you able to play single player in general?

Also, try going to your documents -> rockstar games (OR sanandreas, for got what it's under) and deleting that folder.

Hello cody, as what I mentioned I played GTA SA for half an our ( single player ) without any problems, but the problem with MTA.. and for deleting my gta main file, I did that after un-installing my GTA from control panel. Thank you for your reply.

Oh sorry thought you said you played online for about half an hour then got the issue.

Try disconnecting from your internet, then joining a local hosted server.

Its okay no problem buddy, so right now I disconnected my alfa wireless adapter > opened MTA Server > opened MTA client > then going to Local > hit my local server "127.0.0.1:22003" > same problem, waiting for solution, thank you.

Ok so it's an issue with your computer, not the router. Try reinstalling your network driver, because for me at least even when not connected my computer still goes through the network card for stuff such as this.

Or try connecting directly to 0.0.0.0:22005

Also try deleting

C:\ProgramData\MTA San Andreas All

Ok so it's an issue with your computer, not the router. Try reinstalling your network driver, because for me at least even when not connected my computer still goes through the network card for stuff such as this.

Or try connecting directly to 0.0.0.0:22005

Also try deleting

C:\ProgramData\MTA San Andreas All

good day, so I just finished all what you told me to do, (1) Re-installed my alfa driver (my wireless adapter), (2) Removed this file "MTA San Andreas All" after I did that I tried to open MTA client but I have got an error message so I > (3) Re-installed MTA again, (4) tried to Quick connect to "0.0.0.0:22005" but without any respond as I have got "connection timed out" I don't know if the IP or port are wrong, so I tried to connect again to a random server but same problem[CD16] and connecting to MAP EDITOR is giving the same problem... ok I really know that is annoying but I am really trying to fix the game everyday,I know you guys are bored from this problem, but I want to find a solution for this problem, if that is too annoying to you guys I am sorry for that, and I appreciate all your effort guys, thank you for your respond and your trying to help.

thanks.

You could give a try to install a windows on a Virtual Machine and see if it works. If it doesn't work on a VM that means it's something about your net connection.

Hello, thank you for your try, i will try this step when i go back to my home asap.

mohammed21999 what windows are you running currently?

Hello cody and thank you again, i am running windows 7 64 bit. And you can check my pastebin file in post number 9 for more information for my PC.

mohammed21999, turn of Windows firewall for private and public networks as shown in this video:

Hello CCW, i really appreciate that, when i go back to my home i will do your steps and give you a reply asap, thank you again.

Thanks all for your reply and i really appreciate that, this community is really helpful and have kind peoples, thanks all.

Hello, thanks to everyone tried to help me before 1 year, now i am back to my home again,

CCW i've tried your suggestion on turning off my windows firewall but it doesn't work.

the problem is same, i see all servers and all players in the server names, but when i try to connect i get connection to the server was lost, on every server.

for simple02 suggestion i am working on it, by downloading a windows iso for vmware, but i don't think it is a connection problem because i tried playing mta on another pc and it is working fine in my home network.

well, could anyone here help me to figure this out, thanks to all MTA forum members and administrators. 

edite: if anyone want a new pastepin file i could upload a new one.

Edited by mohammed21999
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team

I've read over the topic and based on where the problem is related to I would suggest you to download and run this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9yrjnjrkrkg7c6n/servicing.bat?dl=1 (run as Administrator).

Although, I'm not sure if the problem always persisted since you last posted here, because you live in UAE (United Arab Emirates), where MTA is currently blocked.

UAE telecom authority has blocked several applications and multiplayer games, because using VOIP is possible through them and that requires a permit. You can resolve that by using a VPN while playing MTA. (I suggest you do that after running the aforementioned file, as if the issue persisted like you said it wouldn't be fixed by just using VPN) @mohammed21999

9 hours ago, Dutchman101 said:

I've read over the topic and based on where the problem is related to I would suggest you to download and run this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9yrjnjrkrkg7c6n/servicing.bat?dl=1 (run as Administrator).

Although, I'm not sure if the problem always persisted since you last posted here, because you live in UAE (United Arab Emirates), where MTA is currently blocked.

UAE telecom authority has blocked several applications and multiplayer games, because using VOIP is possible through them and that requires a permit. You can resolve that by using a VPN while playing MTA. (I suggest you do that after running the aforementioned file, as if the issue persisted like you said it wouldn't be fixed by just using VPN) @mohammed21999

Hello, thank you for your help Dutchman101 , i've used your tool and started it as administrator, but the problem is same, ( entering the game then connection to the server was lost).

and i didn't do a big changes to my pc, because i used it today from 1 year so nothing new happened, maybe just a little few adds to my pc, and in UAE MTA isn't blocked, because i have tried to play it using another pc and its seems working fine without using VPN, and my friend in dubai and abu dhabi are playing MTA fine without using VPN too.

And for the Vmware i just finished from using it and MTA is working fine and all server is working fine, so the problem is in my pc not in the connection as simple02 said, so i am really confused right now. could any one figure it out?

Thanks for everyone trying to help me.