Clan RPG Script v3.10 by Jax and Oli

Oli

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well as i said we dont mind competant scripters cracking it.

The dll does actually do the crc check... u cant make a script crc check itself because...

1) u calculate the crc of a script.

2) you add a statement: if $crc($script) != { !unload -rs $script }

3) you put the CRC into the in the script

4) you run the script.. and it unloads.. cos u changed the crc when u added the to the script.

This is a recursive situation.. basically u need another file to calc the crc values and return it to the script.. ie: a dll ;)

Nice work oli. Good luck on your next version. Ill put this when I get my server running after 0.5.1.

Speaking of which, is 0.5.1 going to have a market/bank system? According to the screenshots or whatever it looks like it does. And I was told it does.

Also, everytime I type !place it replies

_____ Is not a registered district/property

And to me it seems that the !point commands aren't working

I doubt there'l be any 'RPG like' stuff in 0.5.1, it will probably just be stuntin/killin to get cash, then cash goes on weaps.

There are about 50 places/buildings in the script, so alot of places will return 'not registered..." and the !point command works, but will give you a failed crc check if you add an area...it'l be fixed though 8)

Thanks.. but It's sunshine autos. It's in the .ini's and the script..shouldn't it be 'registered'?

And I took off the CRC check. But the very bad way..im taking it off legitly now :P

Anyhow next time make the !rob time longer so you have like 50secs to get to docks instead of 20.And have a !job and a !bounty that would rock and maybe a !suspect and !arrest and police get cash for it and also a bit where your in jail you can break free so you can help players in jail get out, maybe you can buy coke and dvd players and whores and have a chief cop.And add the hotel in ocean beach.

Cool, i'll test it when i come home!

In the V1.0 it always sent the message "Sunshine autos has been robbed" even when the script was unloaded :\

Second, the !sell thing is kinda strange, if you sell a Stinger you can't sell a single stinger again (or until the ini file is changed)

Also the same problem with rig...

Doesn't MTA assign an unique ID to the car? (If not, this might be an idea for the MTA 0.5.1 ;))

Ok gave it some testing with my clanmates:

Some things that were pretty annoying:

- You can buy Vice City, i mean.. the WHOLE level and you could just fine away, even fineflood :-\

- The script (or even the hole GRS) crashes sometimes (maybe due to the Vice City-buy thingy?)

- Some locations, who are really a location, cannot be bought and the !point system is .. uhm.. not really working or something :\

- You can buy a car for $0 as a passenger

- Stepping into a car as passenger asks for a code, which nobody has, and the passenger dies... (very sad :cry: )

- IMHO The "buying a car" part is too strict, i mean, very high prices and almost all the same

- Robbing a bank and getting to the Docks in 12 seconds? Even with a PCJ at topspeed i couldn't reach it.. So tell me how you did ;)

But i liked it, for the rest of the aspects..

Don't take this message as a flame, only a critical opinion :)

Thanx for the info, ive actually fixed a few of those already.

It gets hard to check for bugs when your adding stuff all over the place because its so big, so its nice to have others help :)

I'l fix the rest, add a few more things and let ya have it soon :P

Thanx for the info, ive actually fixed a few of those already.

It gets hard to check for bugs when your adding stuff all over the place because its so big, so its nice to have others help :)

I'l fix the rest, add a few more things and let ya have it soon :P

Np man, i'm looking forward to it..

Btw, another small thingy... sometimes you can't do !fine because "blah blah" is not owned by you..

For example, i bought the Ammunation, and i'm at the Malibu, i can't fine anyone inside the Ammunation...

Of it was me..

Btw, is it known that the admin name isn't saved sometimes?

Maybe you can add some kind of Multiple Admin function, or integrate it more with the "normal" admin system.

I have 3 admins, including myself, and i'd like to give them some RPG powers as well :)