MultiTheftAuto 0.5.1 Preview

eAi

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First 0.5.1 non-team viewer EVER :P

yey

I'm worried about the spaz pickup though. It could be greatly abused if not limited properly. I suppose I shouldn't rule out the possibility of a spaz-characteristic change though.

Send my regards to trx anyways for working on this thing... a LOT by the looks of it (and yea whoever helped him I dont know).

Edited by Guest

looks very promising, the radar blips will be pretty useful for gangwars :)

I would just like to say good job mta. Nice work on the ammunation mode. I notice the character selection and nice spaz also. Are there going to be some major changes?

imo the new spawn system IS a mayor change :P

Also will the servers be released before the client again?

its mostly done like that...

i gotta agree with Boro there, i mean the screens look very nice, but the basic things are the most important things(balance, stability etc.) hopefully not much weapon changes in mta 0.5.1 (with the ammunation included, just change the weapons back to its original state)

nothings wrong with the weapons, they just balance the game a little

m60 is a very strong weapon. but it doesn't shoot very fast, and 1 shot is only 15 damage in mta :? you call that balance?

also removing the jumping function with stubby isn't balance either, because you can still glitch, but now with switching weapons again :?

reducing damage didn't help much either.

if mta 0.5 was very smooth, and lag would be minimum, such changes could work(but there is lag), in stead of making weapons weaker, change them back to the original ones(except for the melee weapons offcourse). there is balance if everybody has balanced weapons(not very strong ones), and anybody can buy the stronger weapons. ( i hope you will read this too trx). as for the chrome shotgun, i dunno why, but aiming with it, is even weirder then using any other weapon.

oh i almost forgot, maybe remove a few weapon pickups, so people will use the ammunation a lot(just a few required pickups, for the people without cash)

nothings wrong with the weapons, they just balance the game a little

m60 is a very strong weapon. but it doesn't shoot very fast, and 1 shot is only 15 damage in mta :? you call that balance?

also removing the jumping function with stubby isn't balance either, because you can still glitch, but now with switching weapons again :?

reducing damage didn't help much either.

if mta 0.5 was very smooth, and lag would be minimum, such changes could work(but there is lag), in stead of making weapons weaker, change them back to the original ones(except for the melee weapons offcourse). there is balance if everybody has balanced weapons(not very strong ones), and anybody can buy the stronger weapons. ( i hope you will read this too trx). as for the chrome shotgun, i dunno why, but aiming with it, is even weirder then using any other weapon.

oh i almost forgot, maybe remove a few weapon pickups, so people will use the ammunation a lot(just a few required pickups, for the people without cash)

I agree with you on all of this. The M60 is a strong weapon why weak? Also the switching weapons glitch is a problem to. It makes the stubby feel light and heavy at the same time.Reducing damage does not really help because the only thing it does is make the gameplay a little longer. I don't remember how much damage the stubby had in .3r2 but I liked it. I think it was about 40 hp damage (someone correct me if im wrong). The chrome shotgun feels weird for me too. Its a long range weapon that knocks you down and does greater damage up close. It should be the way it was in 0.4.1 if it was changed at all.