Things to look at if we want to have SA on MTA if it works

If this can work we might have to look at the things that should and should not be in the game. Ex: weapons, skins, clothing. The problem is that SA has so many thing in the game that should be looked at before we put it there.

1. Eating, weight, and working out

Eating of course is going to be in the game for health, but should we have to go to places like cluck'n bell to get food or have a spawnpoint with ammunation just like gta 3 SSV? If its in cluckin bell, should there be a ped or a blip?Weight may also be a problem. We know when you eat bad food like pizza you gain weight, maybe because of glitches and problems, another player probably might not see the weight. Also, some people don't want to eat a lot and start dodging bullets in the middle of a fight and then the chatbox says, MP5:VCK died. (Heart Attack). So should the weight system be there? Working out may have the same problem as weight. But I would say this option and the gym should be open. That way there can be a scheduled fight if the the fists were synced. Working out might also be have another problem. We should start as the CJ in the first mission not too skinny or fat. Like the weight system what if there are skin glitches that other people cannot see how strong you are so what would be the point?

2. Going to other islands and swimming

Rockstar did a good job actually letting us roam the other cities but then being chased by cops. We should all know that each server would have only 1 island since the state is so big. The islands willl be open but should mta create a barrier somehow or should it be left the way it is? The same applies for swimming.

3. Guns and armor

This is a big topic that should really be discussed. If these guns are not fixed right, it could turn into a 0.4.1. My solution is to give us a mtasa 0.1 beta with all weapons unlocked. We the players test it in codition that we write a report at least 1/2 a page on whats good whats bad. As I was saying about the guns, it should be left the way it is until people test it. I was thinking for example: flame thrower takes away about 68 damage left the way it is, people test it, they say change it to 33 damage. This is a must that people know how much damage each gun takes so we can study them and not have so many topics on weapons should have decreased damage or taken out of the game. We mta gamers like damage at a fair level depending what gun it is. A lot of people including me want good fights to make the game harder not easy kills.

4. Cars

We would need a lot of cars just for one city. The question is should there be enough cars to fill up the whole city? Some people like to explore and cruise around the city and once they blow up that car, it might be over for them. If it is possible to have cars in a 5 block radius, let it be. Another question what cars should be there? There are about 150 cars to choose from.

Tell me what you think about these topics, tell me if you agree/disagree with me and why.

Good topic. Assuming there is a GTA:SA i think working out should be left out cus lets face it, whats more important, working out, or killing each other? Or maybe it could just carry over your fitness level from the single player game to make things simpler. And it could just have health pickups like VC placed in certain places. Also, the different cities. As there are no load screens inbetween the different places we might not have the problems you would have in gta3 so what i think would be a good idea, which keeps people together, but also lets them roam would be on different servers there are a seleted few spawn locations, across 1 city or country/desert. You can only spawn in that 1 city on that specific server BUT the whole map is open for you to explore, this would like i said, keep people together but allow them to spread out. [Another option would be to have an 1000 man server :lol:]. I agree with you about the 0.1 to test gun strengths and the cars maybe being a bit closer that every 5 blocks, maybe 3. This sounds good but at the end of the day we still dont know what is going to happen and what the team will be able to do with the game.

Good luck.

If we make MTA for PC-SA, it'll be on Blue. Concequently, it'll be up to mod authors how they use the functionality we provide them with - and we'll provide everything we can. Theres 196 cars to choose from too, not 150 ;)

1. I think that's more suited to RPG servers than standard DM. It would be good to build up a character like with MMOG's and store it on the server.

2. Apparently Blue can be used to create boundaries. Also, you do not know the maximum number of players the core and SA can handle. I would imagine that SA's actor count is higher than VC's.

4. Pretty much the same reply as no. 2.

I don't think a free roaming scenerio would be playable with SA. what I would foresee is sections of cities being blocked off, restricting people to certain areas of the map. Just like maps change in other online games, the gameplay area could change between rounds in SA.

I don't think a free roaming scenerio would be playable with SA. what I would foresee is sections of cities being blocked off, restricting people to certain areas of the map. Just like maps change in other online games, the gameplay area could change between rounds in SA.

That is what I was thinking about. Since Jon said with the help of blue there can be barriers, maybe a quarter of the city can be blocked off and everyone is closer. Cutting half of los santos is fine for me. Map changing is also a good idea.

I was thinking about the clothes but i'm not sure about it. Correct me if i'm wrong but would that take more bandwith or lag the person? I think choosing a spawn place would be a good idea but it should be an addon for blue. I was thinking more of spawns like the cul de sac in ganton, smokes house, casear's house and probably glen park as the regular spawns.

This may have been brought up before, but oh well. Why are you officially planning on making an 'MTA:San Andreas' (thats assuming you did make it official, considering you've registered mtasa.com) when we still have yet to hear whether or not Rockstar is going to implent multiplayer gameplay theirselves?

Nrj, you make it sound like syncing the player information - such as weight, clothes, etc - would be a problem, when 99.9% chance is that such data is easily accessible with one opcode. The only 'problem' I see with this is whether or not Rockstar has given the option to customize actors the same way players are; theoretically, with some hardcore game hacking, there is a chance this could be accomplished - whether Rockstar makes it "possible" or not.

I was thinking about the clothes but i'm not sure about it. Correct me if i'm wrong but would that take more bandwith or lag the person? I think choosing a spawn place would be a good idea but it should be an addon for blue. I was thinking more of spawns like the cul de sac in ganton, smokes house, casear's house and probably glen park as the regular spawns.

Your theory about clothing is correct njr, but only in BLUE and the current MTA Core.

It would be possible as it is, if you gave each player that joined a different normal skin, then replaced the original skin with the personal skin... Problem would be the skins would have to download before you created the player which would take quite some time on slow connections... Well, it could be around 700 KB-1MB for a full 32 player server...

But it's not gonna be a problem in MTA:SA because you wouldn't have to download any player skins

I was thinking about it. The subway should be open. The game can be set at SSV but open to go to the other islands. Not many people will go because there is no transportation except for the train. Once they get out, there is pretty much nothing to do once they are there, sopeople will stop going after a while.

This is what i meant in my earlier post, but for SA of course

just imagine this..if you guys from MTA make a manhunt version to SA and have the hole 3 islands avalible imagine how would it be :P

Chassing a man in a giant map, tons of guys chasing one single twisted prick...insane :twisted:

chasing a guy in a giant map.. just the idea scares me

there is nothing good in spending 15minutes running like a dumbass

after a guy..

conclusion: more action/killing and less running = better

because we all know that the fun is in killing :D

(by the way: manhunt already existes for mta:vc through mtama scripts)

Ok,thats your opinion, in some way seems pointless, it's just to get away from the routine of massive killing.

And i know manhunt already exists in vc.... :wink:

Va lá pensa la tipo se os gajos meterem os helis, activarem os comboios e cenas do genero, alta chase :P , pa varios modos de jogo ajudam sempre

yeah! mta 4 san andreas will be great !!!

I was thinkin...

with mta blue the big part of work is done... so it won't take so much time or not? i think so because gta 3 and gtavc arent too different (maybe i'm sayin' a stupid thing) so gtasa shouldn't be too much different from vc...

and as mta blue will represent the perfection (i hope :D ) it won't be so hard to convert it for SA (i'm makin' it too easy lol)...

yeah! mta 4 san andreas will be great !!!

I was thinkin...

with mta blue the big part of work is done... so it won't take so much time or not? i think so because gta 3 and gtavc arent too different (maybe i'm sayin' a stupid thing) so gtasa shouldn't be too much different from vc...

and as mta blue will represent the perfection (i hope :D ) it won't be so hard to convert it for SA (i'm makin' it too easy lol)...

I was thinking about that. Since SA will have blue, will it be a quick finish putting the core in and then to the coding? As I have asked in another thread can blue come with a mod maker for mta? This idea should let you have the ability to change cars whereever you want, change spawnpoints, and damage.

This may have been brought up before, but oh well. Why are you officially planning on making an 'MTA:San Andreas' (thats assuming you did make it official, considering you've registered mtasa.com) when we still have yet to hear whether or not Rockstar is going to implent multiplayer gameplay theirselves?

It's doubtful because of their contract with Sony. SA's multiplayer on the PS2 is rudimentary and I think it's unlikely for the PC version to have fully-fledged multiplayer.

I heard of the contract with sony. No big changes in the PC and and xbox version. So there won't be an online mode but I heard of things like the contract has expired but it is still unlikely. What also might be a negative is that the contract may stop rockstar from improving the graphics, espicially with the weather and the sun.

wrong. rockstar already announced there'd be no mp for gta for the next cuple of releaes. even before they did, it was ok to assume they wudn't, since it wud be breaking there contract with sony

This is what rockstar doesn't want. People fighting for things like the stubby in the online mode. This is probably one reason why they don't want gta online. To bring this back on topic are there too many things in SA that have to be looked at before putting it on? I also have another idea. If we somehow get the fighting synced, we should have fighting styles as pickups. Another thing should every house or building you can enter be enabled? Also since SA has a flashing territory when in a war and colors, could this bring a bigger comeback to turfwars?

We're certain that PC-SA doesn't have online multiplayer.

As for a "mod maker" thats not somthing we're planning on doing at the moment. You'll have to write your own C(++) mods. We will probably provide a standardised method for storing config settings (i.e. vehicle/spawn positions), but it'll be up to the mod author if they use this.