Overlay Map

Well with the pause screen being binded to summin else, i thought an overlay map wud be a good idea. you press a button (maybe u can set it to toggle or hold in options) and it shows the map which is semi-transparent so u can drive and look at the map. im sure you can easilly do this with dx overlay - but how about having the blips on the map like the radar - would that be a challenge?

if youve played the mafia then im sure you'l know what im talking about

0001.jpg

(the best screenie i could find)

it would aso be cool if this was a seperate ad on, i hate checking the map atm in vc, takes to long and the big pik arrow blocks ur view of everything, and with SA i have to check the map all the time on the PS2. which is a hassle with all the slow zooming in n stuff

We might be providing direct access to VC's map, so that mod authors can display it where they want, or we might just make some code to render it ourselves, depends which is easiest and most practical. I supose the first method is better as it will show everything on its own, but it does make it less flexible. I supose we could do both in the long run. I'll look into the first option when I get a moment.

Heres somthing I did a few months back, if it interests anyone

mta_new_map_b.JPG

:cat:

Edited by Guest

yes it shud be transparent, and why is the map slanted like that, and yes a zoom in and out wud be good. but i reckon it'd be easier just to have another button to see the whole of vice. and this overlay map - will it replace the radar, thats seem to have disappeared

edit: i get why the map is slanted. but if u do make a button to see the whole map, then it shud stay still and only the player arrow moves

Good stuff eAi. Is it possible to make it slightly invisible? Like you can see through it. So that while your playing, you can still see what is happening to your guy (if anything at all) but still be able to see the map?

I think it's possible to make DX overlays semi-transparent.

Looks good btw, eAi.

• 11 months later...
Well with the pause screen being binded to summin else, i thought an overlay map wud be a good idea. you press a button (maybe u can set it to toggle or hold in options) and it shows the map which is semi-transparent so u can drive and look at the map. im sure you can easilly do this with dx overlay - but how about having the blips on the map like the radar - would that be a challenge?

0001.jpg

it would aso be cool if this was a seperate ad on, i hate checking the map atm in vc, takes to long and the big pik arrow blocks ur view of everything, and with SA i have to check the map all the time on the PS2. which is a hassle with all the slow zooming in n stuff

I totally agree with you talidan, we are gonna need the map back for deathmatch

EDIT: just noticed the date :shock: , got max bumped :lol:

0001.jpg

I totally agree with you talidan, we are gonna need the map back for deathmatch

EDIT: just noticed the date :shock: , got max bumped :lol:

• 3 weeks later...