Independent MTA Hosts Research

Today i took time to research what really goes on at the MTA hosting companies and the server specs from the companies. These figures came from the ping command in the MSDOS command prompt. All pings have been tested by a UK user as these are british companies.

:arrow: Oxidehost.co.uk

Ping Figures from Oxidehost.co.uk

at his only ip 212.18.254.167 (for MTA)

average ping in milliseconds

(from independent user on msn): 25ms from UK

Reaction: Most of the other hosts as you can see below have more than one machine to host MTA Servers on and this is rather dissapointing. The ping on Oxidehost.co.uk is substantially larger than the other retailers. I would only choose this retailer as a last resort or if finances were a problem. The pings from my PC were even larger than that.

:arrow: Fr4g.co.uk

Ping Figures from Fr4g.co.uk

1st server: 213.230.209.159

2nd server: 213.230.209.155

3rd server: 213.230.209.156

(from independent user on msn) : 13ms from all three machines as calculated

Reaction: It is good to see that Fr4g.co.uk have respect for their customers and spread the mta servers evenly throughout all their systems giving a firm advantage to the player and the consumer and from this they have achieved a low ping. Fr4g is now an established gaminghost and has done well from pleasing their customers. This would be the best buy on the list in my opinion.

:arrow: Box-Blue.co.uk

Ping Figures from Box-Blue.co.uk

1st Server: 217.146.85.14:2003

2nd Server: 217.146.85.11

(from independent user on msn) : 20.5 ms from both as calculated

Reaction: BoxBlue.co.uk are a new retailer of servers and I have found their pings are relatively low and for a new provider to MTA i find that it is very good that they started off with 2 machines that is impressive. Give this retailer time and it could be one of the biggest retailers in MTA servers in the UK.

:arrow: Jolt.co.uk

Jolt however do not sell MTA Servers but just as a comparison for when you are playing on them.

Jolt use one machine for their 2 mta servers 82.133.85.11

their average ping was 18ms

Reaction: This is the same as fr4g id definetly have a lot of fun on these servers when they are full due to the nice pings. this would also indicate that you should keep them at a good priority for ordering other games

:arrow: Wojjie.net (for US clans)

Wojjie.net have multiple servers but we tested one from [FKU] clan USA and it has 35ms latency for that particular server

Reaction: That seems bad compared to the UK hosts but you would have to compare it with other US hosts and by the way if there are any more please pm it to me thanks a lot

:arrow:Gservers.nl (European Clans)

• Ping statistics for 217.170.21.65:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 27ms, Maximum = 28ms, Average = 27ms
  • Ping statistics for 217.170.21.66:
  • Ping statistics for 217.170.21.225:
    Minimum = 28ms, Maximum = 28ms, Average = 28ms

My response: that is very good considering its from the UK if i could get a dutch person to analyse GServers.nl it wud be much appreciated. But in addition to that GServers.nl have been a good name in MTA for a long time now.

:arrow: Clanplanet.co.uk

(tested by a british MTA player)

Average Ping: 23ms

Clanplanet has multiple systems but we only pinged one system as they have not sold any servers yet.

My response: ClanPlanet is a company that is focused on other games rather than MTA but however leaves the option open to consumers and has reasonable clan packages for all. I would definetly consider this company if you are looking for a nice clan arrangement.

:arrow: Uber1337.co.uk

Average Ping: 21ms

Server Tested on: FMJ Deathmatch

My response: I think like ClanPlanet.co.uk this company is focused a lot more on other games and I think FMJ have arranged a private order with this company but on their website their is an order form for it so who knows really. From my time playing on it today I found that it was quite a stable server.

:arrow: E-Frag.co.uk

Average Ping: 18ms

Server Tested On: Grand Larceny Stunt

My response: E-frag have for long been a quality symbol in gaming (about since MTA 0.3) and they have a quality name in MTA and other games. And this shows it. But however the cost of these servers are quite pricy but I would still recommend chosing it.

:!: note if you have any more hosting companies to analyse from different countries please post your results here they would be much appreciated (I need more US and European gaming server companies)

Edited by Guest

Oxidehost don't have a number of servers due to the fact that we have built the latest high tech "super server", this provides the same as 2-3 normal servers built into one large server box, with multiple processing units.

Server load never exceeds above 30%, also with a 1gbps that hasn't gone above 30mbps I also find this adequate to hold all of Oxidehosts MTA Servers stable. Oxidehost servers are hosted in the London Data-Centre in a leased area, I live in Bristol(South - West, England) and my ping is 15ms to the server.

Oxidehost do have a number of other servers just not for MTA, if we ever see a "lagg issue" we can immediately expand load across multiple servers, meaning that your servers cannot be affected.

We do offer a refund policy, if anyone is unhappy with there server for any reason they can have a full refund. So far 0 people have requested a refund.

from looking at Jakkass's Ping's from the oxidehost Servers his Range between 50-80 and hes from Ireland My Pings range from 20-40 and that is in the UK Jakkass's pings are much higher due to having a S HITTIER connection so his doesnt really count :P

ok down the the point

i Have Pinged the Oxidehost Servers and The Fr4g Servers so now i will paste in the Readings i got UN EDITED

OXIDEHOST

Pinging 212.18.254.167 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 212.18.254.167: bytes=32 time=26ms TTL=5

Reply from 212.18.254.167: bytes=32 time=25ms TTL=5

Reply from 212.18.254.167: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=5

Reply from 212.18.254.167: bytes=32 time=22ms TTL=5

Ping statistics for 212.18.254.167:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% l

Minimum = 22ms, Maximum = 26ms, Average = 24ms

-------------------

FR4G

Pinging 213.230.209.155 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 213.230.209.155: bytes=32 time=47ms TTL

Reply from 213.230.209.155: bytes=32 time=26ms TTL

Reply from 213.230.209.155: bytes=32 time=25ms TTL

Reply from 213.230.209.155: bytes=32 time=50ms TTL

Ping statistics for 213.230.209.155:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0%

Minimum = 25ms, Maximum = 50ms, Average = 37ms

-----

As you can see location May be an Issue or maybe down to the connection

-----

i have nothing against fr4g i like there servers but this point needed to be made

Edited by Guest
from looking at Jakkass's Ping's from the oxidehost Servers his Range between 50-80 and hes from Ireland My Pings range from 20-40 and that is in the UK Jakkass's pings are much higher due to having a S HITTIER connection so his doesnt really count :P

Yeah, but he didn't do the testing.

thats bull lol mine are from a trusted source Independent of any company.

Smartie is a reseller for oxidehost so he is going to say that isnt he

Oxidehost don't have a number of servers due to the fact that we have built the latest high tech "super server", this provides the same as 2-3 normal servers built into one large server box, with multiple processing units.

figures are figures oxide

im incharge of the MTA Section so Jon u ping the servers and give us your Results to shut jakkass up and btw ive just dont the Box-Blue servers

Reply from 217.146.85.14: bytes=32 time=28ms TTL=1

Reply from 217.146.85.14: bytes=32 time=26ms TTL=1

Reply from 217.146.85.14: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=1

Reply from 217.146.85.14: bytes=32 time=23ms TTL=1

Ping statistics for 217.146.85.14:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0%

Minimum = 23ms, Maximum = 28ms, Average = 25ms

:arrow:Gservers.nl

• Ping statistics for 217.170.21.65:
  • Ping statistics for 217.170.21.66:
  • Ping statistics for 217.170.21.225:
    Minimum = 28ms, Maximum = 28ms, Average = 28ms

Not bad considering i'm in the UK, you could get someone closer to the servers to test them ;)

There's one problem with your stats, Smartie - you should have pinged all three Fr4g servers and averaged the pings. I noticed that 203.230.209.159 was faster than the one that you pinged (203.230.209.155), giving me an average of 13ms as opposed to 29ms.

thanx jon i will update that figure so

Don't update it with my figures as it would be pointless comparing them with this other guy's figures for the other companies.

Also, is 25ms really that bad? All of these servers have good pings. Clearly Oxidehost has the highest out of UK ones tested (presuming that the stats you posted are correct) but I still think 25ms is a good ping.

Edit: You missed out Game2XS btw.

Reaction: Most of the other hosts as you can see below have more than one machine to host MTA Servers on and this is rather dissapointing. The ping on Oxidehost.co.uk is substantially larger than the other retailers. I would only choose this retailer as a last resort or if finances were a problem. The pings from my PC were even larger than that.

Thanks Jon, so you need not put "substantially larger" or as a last resort as it is perfectly fine. I believe all of the servers are near enough equal, as none are fully loaded so cannot be maxed to there full speed. Also your position(City etc) is a key issue in this, I chose to host my servers in london as it has the largest population. Also the datacentre our servers are hosted in is the uks "backbone", this meens most communications from all isps go directly to this datacentre to access other countries.

the tester was british oxide from an area near london thats the very best you would get for me it reached 100 in game in Dublin which isnt that far from the UK. and for top performance at times the other hosts would be preferable these are the facts put into line not any bias im just saying it how it is

anyway back on topic i need a few more european hosts and some more american hosts (to compare to wojjie.net)

I don't live that near to london it takes me around 4-5 hours to drive there, jakkass your ping gets higher because the bytes simply get backlogged. The distance to the server probly does not help but your connection speed could also add to this, im sorry you cannot experience a full gaming experience in Oxide servers. Everyone else seems to not have this problem in Oxide Servers.

oxide thats bull i have been updated by my ISP to 1MBit this Tuesday night so i tested it on 1MBit so backlog is not enough for me.

now the UK tests are over so get over it please, anyway i have to finish the United States and Europe those people should contact me