Serious Roleplay Server

TwoBanger

Would you play a realistic roleplay server?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play a realistic roleplay server?

• I am unsure, but I would give it a try
    • Yes, I would play a realistic roleplay server
    • No, because I prefer a less serious form of roleplay
    • No, I do not play roleplay servers

Hi guys. I am looking to see how much interest there would be in a serious roleplay server. Similar to the original vG and rG, where as the servers today are closer to a "semi-serious" state.

When I say realistic, I mean as close a mirror to the real world as possible. A working economy, vehicles with realistic characteristics(Not just handling), a realistic weapon system, along with custom damages for EVERY single weapon, realistic factions, well set rules, a fair team of staff etc.

The above is just a few things off the top of my mind that I have done, but there is much much more, and more to be done too.

But the real decider on whether or not I will launch my project, is whether or not it truly interests people.

So I have decided to make a poll and see what happens.

Thanks.

I think that a purely realistic Roleplay server should not need any in-game staffs or rules in the first place. In the real world there are no "overwatchers" who can teleport things around and tell people what they can and can't do. But of course that is some sort of an utopia, because it would need a completely bug-free gamemode, it would require players to play by the rules even without staffs' invervention and roleplay is a kind of difficult gamemode to learn without luck, time or the proper people to teach you (which usually are staffs).

In fact, nothing can be truly realistic in MTA: SA. I mean, this is a computer game which doesn't and can't simulate every single thing that happens in the real life. Realism here is just a matter of opinion and priorities: sure, you can script your own car engine system according to real world physics and that kind of things, but you won't be able to replicate the entire universe in your PC and hope that it will be playable (or even hope that our current science laws are fully correct). You can try to achieve the maximum realism possible, but eventually you will always want more. Even if you find vG a realistic roleplay, I'm 100% sure that there were people who suggested ideas to make it more realistic.

What I'm trying to say here is that things like "serious" roleplay servers don't exist. Roleplay is a vague and wide concept, and its defining characteristics can only be reduced to a gamemode in which players take the role of a person. And there are a lot of different ways to do that. Some are more involved than others, in the sense that they are more demanding for the player and interpret more aspects of the person they are taking the role of, but you will never get rid of the limitations of a videogame in the process. The player makes decisions, but if the character was real, would he make EXACTLY the same decissions too, and feel the same way the player thinks?

All in all, I understand what are you trying to say when you talk about a "serious" roleplay server, and I agree with you, but I find it quite utopic. It is just impossible to make a server in which everybody will feel like they would be another totally different person, and act like they were without taking into account every kind of Out Of Character opinion or knowledge. But that doesn't mean you can be pretty close to it with enough effort, so I look forward to that.

• 1 month later...
Hi guys. I am looking to see how much interest there would be in a serious roleplay server. Similar to the original vG and rG, where as the servers today are closer to a "semi-serious" state.

When I say realistic, I mean as close a mirror to the real world as possible. A working economy, vehicles with realistic characteristics(Not just handling), a realistic weapon system, along with custom damages for EVERY single weapon, realistic factions, well set rules, a fair team of staff etc.

The above is just a few things off the top of my mind that I have done, but there is much much more, and more to be done too.

But the real decider on whether or not I will launch my project, is whether or not it truly interests people.

So I have decided to make a poll and see what happens.

Thanks.

It would be neat to have a Serious RP.

• 2 weeks later...