[REL] Resource Compiler

1B0Y

Resource Compiler

What is it?

Resource Compiler is an automated script that eliminates the hassle of manually compiling each and every script in your resources with the effort of typing in one command into the server console.

How does it work?

By parsing the meta file, we can grab each script in your resource and send them to luac.multitheftauto.com where it's compiled. While the files are being compiled, a new resource is created called [RESOURCENAME]_compiled. This contains the compiled version of your scripts and doesn't affect your original resource in any way.

How to use?

Very simple. Type: compiler compile RESOURCE_NAME into your server console and let the magic happen. Simple!

Downloads

https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p=resources&s=details&id=13172

http://178.62.115.63/gtalife/mta/downloads/Resource_compiler.zip

Feedback and bug reports are appreciated. I'll hope to get around to fixing any issues as soon as possible ;)

• 11 months later...
  • Moderators

Sounds to me you forgot my tutorial in your credits. As I said in the tutorial, you must add credits if you use my tutorial for your code. I left a watermark, that's how I know you used it.

So add credits and re-upload it, thank you! ?

• Like 1

Image result for wut meme

The resource was coded from scratch, as it was a tool we used to compile all of our client-side (and I think server side files) for our old project GTA:Life. On top of that, the resource was made a month before actually being released onto the MTA community. The reason for releasing: We decided to not continue the project due to the complexity and time required to get a playable version of the game mode ready in order for release.

Edited by 1B0Y
  • Like 1
  • Moderators

Hmm really strange haha.

My bad, I really though you used it. (I never said you used the code, but the tutorial)

I apologies for this misunderstanding

It is sad to hear that your project ended up badly. Roleplay servers do indeed take a lot of time and it is hard to do it alone.

Lol 'kutmode' sounds very Dutch haha, even though you are registered as the UK.

• Like 1

It's actually Dutch ;) It's based on one of the old old DM servers back in DP2 days which me and my other project manager DLmass adored. We're now re-introducing that into the MTA community as a public closed-source gamemode;)

• Moderators

I am expecting a lot of naked sexy female skins, inside fast cars.:P

Or just a mode where nothing works as you would expected and you will be punished for everything you do. (my imaginations are running wild 9_9)

• Moderators

You haven't checked the debug console didn't you?

I haven't tried it yet, but I think I know why it doesn't work. It probably doesn't have right to use callRemote. Check the debug if this is the problem.

If that is the problem, then do the following:

1. Add this to your meta.xml (with in the <meta> </meta> tags)

<aclrequest>
	<right name="function.callRemote" access="true" />
</aclrequest>

2. Restart the resource.

3. Login as admin and write:

/aclrequest allow resource_compiler callRemote

Edited by IIYAMA
  • Moderators
On 22-5-2017 at 11:26, 1B0Y said:

Is this with my compiler or IIYAMAs?

Ah sorry for my late reply, I didn't saw that you had replied.

You are using callRemote right? This function is currently blocked by the default acl. (I am not sure if it was blocked from the beginning)

• 1 year later...