Exporting maps to mta

Xwad

Hi! Recently i saw a map on mta community: https://community.multitheftauto.com/in ... s&id=10449

This map is not made with mta map editor. Its exported from 3ds max.

I decided to export this map to mta: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model. ... c0122e67c9

I imported the file to 3dsax 2010 and exported it to dff (using kams max script), and i created a col for the model (using kams max script).

The export was successful, but the col is bugging. There are invisible wals in the col, so when i tested the model in mta then in the model there were some invisible walls.. My question is that why is the col bugging? The previous race map models col is working correctly. How was it exported? What did i wrong? Please help!! Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Your COL file is too large. I mean not in filesize but in scale. Must not go above 512,512,512 Generic units Inches in 3ds max.

Import the COL file back into 3ds with Kams scripts, notice how all the too far geometry is exploded on the side. Well I guess its that, hope so. Next time create a box of size 512,512,512 each COL files should fit in that.

Its split into parts I guess. There is no prob for the DFF to be larger exept draw distance and col dont need to be the same model as DFF and better too.

I base this on a work. I made a too big map part and the COL exploded, was the first time this happened, I centered the pivot on COL instead of DFF to make the bounding box smaller (spacial size) and it fix it. It looked like a scale problem because the col exploded from the side, the too long side I guess­.