Scorp

How was the vid?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How was the vid?

• Good
    • ok
    • Average
    • poo

Here's a movie I've done for fun, I've never edited a movie before.

Recordings are from the Dodo Killers - Shoreside Vale Server (217.170.21.65:2004) and some footage from my own LAN network (NO IP here.)

I've been recording footage since the release of MTA: 0.5, and spent two days editing everything. This has also involved me learning to use a editing program, it was easy to use, though, even for a newb.

I know for sure, that the next time I edit a vid I won't use Windows Movie Maker, because it has been crashing more than MTA! (j/k)

But yeah I missed out advanced functions.

But enough of that, I hope you like my vid :)

Please give comments/critics! - I want some tips for editing in the future, from the experienced people out there.

http://www.thegamersalliance.com/dynami ... asted!.rar :D

*added a score vote poll

Edited by Guest

nice vid Scorp ;)

ive expected some more dodokills but its hard to do them when you lag

one thing that irritated me a bit was some cuts where you showed how you walked then another cut, it was kinda... well, unneeded but still good job, every gta3 vid is refreshing :)

Thanks for the comment reb

I figure those cuts are a bit messy in the beginning, but I think I avoided them throughout the rest of the vid.

I performed two dodokills in that vid, and I could've recorded more.

My newb friends on LAN were easy enough to hit ;)

- woot 800 posts :glasses2:

nice vid, some really good killing action and deffinetly loved the music, i was wondering how long it would take before someone used the HL2 music lol

WOOOHOOO my first post with the TEAM MEMBER tag 8)

Thanks for the comment Bloody 8)

I was fiddling about thinking what music I should use, so I thought I should just use a theme, and they were pretty easy to synch some parts with the clips.

- and AWESOME that they recruited you to the team, I hope you'll have a good time and do some kool stuff for us. But don't stress yourself ;)

Very cool vid man. Nice use of fading to make the transition between clips. Good to see another gta3 vid, especialy the other half our little fight ;) Little dull in some parts, but you made a fairly long vid, so it was expected, it can be hard to fill a entire 10min with totaly brand new excitement, but even more of a challenge to keep the viewer from closing and deleting the vid, which i never did :)

Might want to give vegas a look at, they offer a trial, and it has many features and other cool stuff, which i never used.

Over all it was a really good vid, congrats and all that shit :D

Marcel

Very cool vid man. Nice use of fading to make the transition between clips. Good to see another gta3 vid, especialy the other half our little fight ;) Little dull in some parts, but you made a fairly long vid, so it was expected, it can be hard to fill a entire 10min with totaly brand new excitement, but even more of a challenge to keep the viewer from closing and deleting the vid, which i never did :)

Might want to give vegas a look at, they offer a trial, and it has many features and other cool stuff, which i never used.

Over all it was a really good vid, congrats and all that shit :D

Marcel

hehe thanks :)

Yeah it's ironic that we both would be frapsing at that time, I'm glad I didn't delete that clip (big minus: I died of course!)

I'm also gonna get some better programs for my next vid (whenever that may be.) I've read about Vegas before, I'll give it a try :)

all of this frapsing-at-the-same-time-from-different-points-of-view gave me a cool idea... what if we filmed a fight or something between like 4 people and all of them had FRAPs running, then we put it together somehow and it would look cool i think :P

or not...

any ideas?

all of this frapsing-at-the-same-time-from-different-points-of-view gave me a cool idea... what if we filmed a fight or something between like 4 people and all of them had FRAPs running, then we put it together somehow and it would look cool i think :P

or not...

any ideas?

Indeed, It would be a very fun vid project to synch it from several peoples viewpoints. I would gladly help recording for such a vid!

My only problem is that I have limited bandwith, and therefor I can't transfer loads of fraps avi footage to the person whos editing. :(

Downing it right now...wil edit when i saw it...

/Edit: omg...nice vid...now i want GTA3 to...i want to play MTA also on that...

I kinda hoped that it would attract more players as well, I mean, GTA III is SO pwning VC when it comes to online play ;)