Sign in to follow this  
thisdp

How can i download a file from web site?

i can't use fetchRemote in client side. And if i use fetchRemote and triggerClientEvent, the server's bandwidth can't hold these files.

Use fetchRemote server side and send data to client using triggerLatentClientEvent.

Use fetchRemote server side and send data to client using triggerLatentClientEvent.

There's no way to let client download files from other website?

No, because if clients were able to use fetchRemote and callRemote, a server with a large amount of players could potentially set up a large botnet.

No, because if clients were able to use fetchRemote and callRemote, a server with a large amount of players could potentially set up a large botnet.

Just download can cause botnet?

Not tested, but I think that you can exploit the CEF to download some files directly (website - > client):

local webBrowser = createBrowser(Width, Height, false, false) -- Width, Height of the image 
addEventHandler("onClientBrowserCreated", webBrowser, function() 
    loadBrowserURL(webBrowser, "http://direct_hotlink_to_image.png") --note that at this point the user will likely revive a dialog to whitelist the domain, and the rest of the script will fail if he doesn't... 
--also there will be problems if the hosting site contains adds... 
end) 
addEventHandler ( "onClientBrowserDocumentReady" , root , function ( url ) --domain already whitelisted 
    if source == webBrowser then 
        encodeImage() 
    end  
end) 
addEventHandler ( "onClientBrowserWhitelistChange" , root , function( url ) --domain whitelisted by the user 
        encodeImage() 
    end  
end) 
function encodeImage() 
    local data = dxGetTexturePixels(webBrowser) 
    destroyElement(webBrowser) 
    local newImg = fileCreate('img.png') 
    fileWrite(newImg, data) 
    fileClose(newImg) 
end 

Small text files (less then 2mb):

local webBrowser = createBrowser(Width, Height, false, false) -- Width, Height do not matter 
    loadBrowserURL(webBrowser, "http://direct_hotlink_to_file.txt") --note that at this point the user will likely revive a dialog to whitelist the domain, and the rest of the script will fail if he doesn't... 
end) 
addEventHandler ( "onClientBrowserDocumentReady" , root , function ( url ) --domain already whitelisted 
        getBrowserSource(webBrowser, encodeFile(code)) 
    end  
end) 
addEventHandler ( "onClientBrowserWhitelistChange" , root , function( url ) --domain whitelisted by the user 
    end  
end) 
function encodeFile(code) 
    local newtxt = fileCreate('test.txt') 
    fileWrite(newtxt, data) 
    fileClose(newtxt) 
end 

Not tested, but I think that you can exploit the CEF to download some files directly (website - > client):

local webBrowser = createBrowser(Width, Height, false, false) -- Width, Height of the image 
    loadBrowserURL(webBrowser, "http://direct_hotlink_to_image.png") --note that at this point the user will likely revive a dialog to whitelist the domain, and the rest of the script will fail if he doesn't... 
end) 
        encodeImage() 
    end  
end) 
        encodeImage() 
    end  
end) 
function encodeImage() 
    local data = dxGetTexturePixels(webBrowser) 
    local newImg = fileCreate('img.png') 
    fileWrite(newImg, data) 
    fileClose(newImg) 
end 

Small text files (less then 2mb):

local webBrowser = createBrowser(Width, Height, false, false) -- Width, Height do not matter 
    loadBrowserURL(webBrowser, "http://direct_hotlink_to_file.txt") --note that at this point the user will likely revive a dialog to whitelist the domain, and the rest of the script will fail if he doesn't... 
end) 
    end  
end) 
    end  
end) 
function encodeFile(code) 
    local newtxt = fileCreate('test.txt') 
    fileWrite(newtxt, data) 
    fileClose(newtxt) 
end 

thank you all the same. Actually I found a better way, but it is complicate matters.

I can use a socket system with file system as Downloading System. Like node.js or a game engine(like love2d).

I can open it manually while I am in the server.

Create an interface between MTA Client and Downloading System with a file, and download files with it's socket system.