why gta3's islands arent togheter?

....but...is'nt it possible to add more cars and weapons? i've seen that in mta-vc stunt there are a loooooooooot of cars and bikes...isn't it possible having it also in gta-3? if it was so we could have all islands with more cars

Also, in 0.5 Stunt, all cars are positioned at spawn points and not dotted around the islands (unless there are hidden ones that I haven't noticed) so it looks as if there are more.

It also should be mentioned the more stuff ingame the more stuff your pc has to deal with, so if you try to make some gigantic amount of cars but the user doesn't have the greatest computer in the world... he might get some choppy gameplay, which can be as bad as lag. It would be hard to shoot people that are having problems with an overloaded computer.

its a shame gta3 cant change scm while in game.

wudnt it be awsome if when u went accross a bridge u'd get an ingame message asking you what server u'd like to join on that specific island, then u join it. and say if the same ppl have 3 servers of each island, then they cud sumhow set it in the config that when they cross to another island it joins the releated server.

^^this wud be so cool, but i doubt it will ever be possible to switch scm while ingame

There was a [poll] a long time ago when GTA3:MTA was under development, where the community was asked if they wanted to have all three islands in one map, or single maps that were configurable in the server config.

The first method would require some kind of teleportation to the next island in order for it to be synched, because it was difficult to handle the loading of new islands in Liberty City in multiplayer. This would also take much more time to get working, rather than sticking to the single maps.

- and guess what? The community wanted single maps.

Trust me, if they could make it one city, they would have.

What poll how many knew of that poll or is it just a lame excuse? start a poll again now for blue and lets see what community says

so whats blue for than just VC??

Yep, it's taken them over a year just for VC so it would take forever if they made it for GTA3 as well. However, 0.5 has proven that there is a demand for GTA3 multiplayer so hopefully they will make Blue for GTA3 after San Andreas (although that all depends on how successful the Liberty City mod for Vice City is).

there is no point in having a vote for blue, there is nothing to suggest blue will ever be released for gta3 anyways.

so whats blue for than just VC??

no, super mario 3

vc and probably gtasa (if possible)

ROLMAO i love Supermario 3 so now we can play supermario 3 online with blue ? ROFLMAO