Make player models' visible distance bigger

Hi!

I've been trying to do this for ages but i failed. The only idea i came up with is that i need to attach an object or objects to the player that is only visible for others.

As i know the player models disappear after like 80 meters but they are shootable up to like ~200-250 meters. If i attach an object to the player others will see it so they can shoot even if the original player model disappeared.

My question is what should i attach? Are there any bodypart objects? Or do you have a better idea to increase the player models visible distance?

I need this because i want to make a shooter/freeroam server and with the current distance you need to go very near other players to see them and snipers are just so ineffective since you cannot spot anyone in sniping distances.

Yes i've seen that before and i'm sorry that i make a disappointment but it didn't solve my problem. However, it works perfectly but my problem is that the players stream in anyways in about a 200 meters range, but i cannot see them from like 80 meters away - unless i zoom at them. So that's why i want to attach an object to them or something (that s why i opened this topic so you maybe can come up with a better solution). It's because if i set the snipers range to the maximum (350 meters) but you can only see players (without zooming at them) from 80 meters or closer it's just not that good, since sniping should be enjoyable from far away. Hope you can help me :D

My problem is that they are streamed in but i cannot see them from a distance, however, they are stremed in. I cannot say it any more clearly just try it on a local server if u don t understand me. That s why i want to attach an elemnt to it or maybe draw the outlines or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything is maxed out but even 150m is very short compared to the bullet range which is set to 350m (the max). I was thinking about attaching objects to the bones so from far away it will look like a low lod player model. And with that i can just set the player's model's alpha to 0 and if the player comes closer i can set the alpha of the attached objects to 0 and make the original player model visible again. Do you think this is the best solution? Or do you guys have better ideas?

Yes of course but it would look stupid. If i attach an arm to the arm and a leg to the leg etc. and they move aswell (since they are attached to the bones) it would look like a low detail player model from far away. If i attach one single object to the player and let's say he crouches then that won't be visible so players would shoot the air above him. With objects attached to the bones it would be better i think.