Einheit-101

SAAW: San Andreas At War - World War II | v1.2 | 24/7 |

Hello, my game keeps crashing when i try to join while war map is playing.
This happens only on your server. 

Version = 1.5.5-release-11841.0.000
Time = Sun Feb 11 13:54:58 2018
Module = H:\harddisk\GTA San Andreas\proxy_sa.exe
Code = 0xC0000005
Offset = 0x000A2CF3

EAX=00000000  EBX=1EF73310  ECX=1EF73310  EDX=1EF73354  ESI=1EF732F0
EDI=00004008  EBP=040F349C  ESP=0177FB48  EIP=004A2CF3  FLG=00010202
CS=0023   DS=002B  SS=002B  ES=002B   FS=0053  GS=002B

Can you help me out ?

Edit1: I found it why it keeps crashing. Explosions.
           So annoying.

Edited by byOwerkill

Another player who has issues with explosions. Make sure your GTA is unmodified (also remove any custom d3d9.dll from the GTA folder). Dozens of players on my sever every day is proof that my scripts are not causing crashes. Most likely your effects.fxp is modified or whatever, and my server is pretty much the only one that uses a shader to increase explosion texture quality, maybe this is what confuses your MTA.

Also I am not a MTA dev, I have no idea about your crash report, you need to give that to a MTA dev, they most likely can tell you what exactly messes things up but I am 99% sure they will ask you if your GTA is modified.

Edited by Einheit-101

I tried to find out why ships eat so many fps. Its not a scripting related issue, because even if all scripts are stopped each ship still eats 5-10 fps due to its pure existence.
This performance cost is not caused by GPU overload (Many objects to render), because my GTX 1070 is sleeping on 15% GPU usage. In the end the main reason for the performance cost is, surprisingly, the fact, that obviously objects (regardless if they have a collision/are low LOD or not) eat CPU performance!
It makes no sense at all, but thats the situation. Objects eat CPU, especially when attached. A few measurements:

My machine can easily handle 82 fps (locked to screen refresh rate) on an almost empty "Pacific" map.
Spawning 1 Leipzig cruiser breaks me down to 79.
2 Leipzig cruisers = 67 fps
3 Leipzig cruisers = 59 fps
4 Leipzig cruisers = 51 fps

This means that 1 cruiser (31 objects attached) costs ~8 fps.

...and all this has been tested without my main script running in the background.
Enabling all of my scripts brings me down to 47 fps, that means all of my scripts are only eating an additional 4 fps while GTA/MTA loses roughly 35 fps for zero reason!
Further testing has proven that it is actually FASTER to use "onClientPreRender" to write a custom attachement script than using MTA's inbuilt attach function to keep these objects in place (It saves ~5 fps, not much but i still consider doing so because we desperately need any frame we can get)

The next update is soon ready, most likely next week. I dont know if that custom attachement system is going to be included there. Depends on my time.

How complex are the collisions for the ship and how complex is the model. Regardless if you have a powerful GPU non optimized complex DFFs and COLs will absolutely nuke your FPS.

I currently found a bug where in 2HP, you won't auto regen HP anymore. Also, it makes the player unable to switch Weapons and Crouch. I hope you'd fix it soon

@CodyJ(L) The ship collisions are quite complex (600 vertices is almost the maximum for a collision mesh and they have up to 90 collision spheres). But this is necessary, these things are very big. Also the ship models are not causing that issue, at least not alone, in map editor i can spawn 10 of them without a single problem. With textures, model and collisions they are between 1.5 and 3 mb (This isnt even much). I guess its a combination of everything, many vehicles, many objects, much going on in the script... i need to see what i can do.

€DIT::: I find it HILARIOUS that both GTA and the MTA scripting engine run on the exact same thread. With 5 ships on my screen and nothing else running i have a 100% workload of Core 3, while all other cores sleep. Its hard to tell what exactly uses this performance, is it my script? Is it GTA? I dont know. Performancebrowser offers very useless data that cannot be correct in any way (It points 20% usage to line 5721 and again 20% usage to "onClientPreRender" and a total of 40% CPU usage, however Line 5721 IS ACTUALLY onClientPreRender, does it now take 2x20% or what? Who developed this??)

@R4FSAN The problem with your 2HP bug is that isPedDead is bugged in MTA, that means i have to use other "methods" of checking if a player is "really" dead. So i put a "threshold" that makes the player only regenerate health if he has more than 1 health point (1 real HP = 2 HP on my server). I will now change this line to "More than 0 HP", but it is very good possible that this will cause other bugs, because suddenly we could have dead players regenerating HP and what-not (This happened before). We will need to test what happens after the next update. The funny thing is that switching the weapon has nothing to do with players health (It just must be above 0), also i did not even touch MTA's crouch system, Crouch should always work.

Edited by Einheit-101

Recently, I found a bug where the sky is completely black on every map. I've seen this bug before but I'm seeing this bug again. Is it my PC or the server?

We had that bug a while ago and it was because one map didn't reset sky gradient when the map ends, maybe that bug returned, I need to check this later.