SAAW: San Andreas At War - World War II | v1.2 | 24/7 |

-updated MTA to latest server version (fixed join flood error)

-added various small optimizations

Working hard on the ships, finished the handing, currently creating damage effects like huge fires/smoke/explosions/sinking and shot effects (with success), and add turrets to the destroyer. Everything should work so far with a draw distance limit of 1000 meters. There is still a lot to do. A real lot. But I make progress.

The only thing that causes problems is a realistic ship wake effect, the original SA effect is not usable because it doesn't support rotation. And I have no clue about shaders. I asked Sam@ke if he has an idea about how to create a working water wake shader.

The Prince of Wales doesn't fit in my server (and is too large anyway), however, these freighter ships are actually planned (convoy protection game mode).

Planned ships are currently the Königsberg class light cruiser and the crown colony class light cruiser (ceylon variant), both ships are pretty well balanced. In far future I may add Fletcher class and type 34 class destroyers aswell.

First tests are done with my tribal class destroyer tho

Well since I cannot see any link that links to a forum of yours I'll just report this here:

778318b77e.jpg

This guy kept spawning random vehicles (if you look in the full image you can see a destroyed Hustler) and not so long after he gave me 2x Sniper as you can see in the chat.

EDIT: He also placed wheel upgrades on the truck:

a462d6f2cb.jpg

Hah it's gustav, my old admin, he is identified as super moderator, so u can't see him in the online admin list :D

Explains, although it'd be nice if he wasn't to abuse his powers and spawn cars that are way too op in terms of acceleration and speed compared to the current server vehicles :D

• 2 weeks later...

MAINTENANCE UPDATE 05.07.2016 (Version 1.1)

-Implemented new map "[TANK WAR] Canyon"

-Implemented new water refraction shader by Ren712 in preparation for the ships in future

-fixed the tank turrets rotating in the wrong direction sometimes

-fixed shader_dynamic_sky

-cleaned up/improved a little bit of code

-prepared some more things for the ships

€DIT::: Almost forgot that:

- implemented a fully new tank aim system that works flawless. Annoying aim-bugs belong to the past:

- If your own tank blocks the vision between the camera and the aim target, your tank gets transparent

-----> Due to a MTA limitation you will not see any impact effects through your transparent tank. Sorry.

- Aiming on slopes is no longer buggy, the tank will try to aim at your upper screen center, no matter on what slope he stands

I am still working on ships and other bugfixes. It will take more time, i have none currently. Sorry.

I will try to ask an admin to move this topic.

The uptime is a bug, its actually 100% online, game-state has issues in that case.

The only downtime is when i install an update and restart the whole thing.

BTW:

-Changed shop tab font

-Fixed a bug that caused duplicate missiontimers when the main script gets restarted (bc of updates)

-Changed "aim to screen center". The tanks now dont aim to the center, but ~1/4 higher. Looks and works far better.

• 4 weeks later...
I just tested your server, there were no players so I invited 3 my friends and we played there for about 3 hours.

I must say it's really NICE! You totally deserve more players. Keep it up.

yep, i was there it would be much better if the teams were bigger.. but it was good tho

I think the player count will always be that low. However that doesn't prevent me from finishing what I have started, namely the Ships.

Due to some circumstances I have no time to continue right now, but there should be an update in a few weeks.

I think the player count will always be that low. However that doesn't prevent me from finishing what I have started, namely the Ships.

Due to some circumstances I have no time to continue right now, but there should be an update in a few weeks.

Player count can get better with time. :) Just keep it up.

Some little suggestions for your new update:

• Remove default nametags and make custom one, so we'll not see them through bushes for example.

• If player connects and it's not his first time, he has to press F3 to join the game and he is not anyhow informed about it. Some players just don't know what's going on. Make it automatic, or add some notification about it in chat.

• On some maps (Snow valley, Italy, maybe some others too) there is possibility of "roofing" (climbing out of the map to gain advantage), I personaly found that out and it gives you huge advantage. At least I saw only one player using it yet (I do not count myself). So please fix these maps.

• Trucks and jeeps are too slow and when I say too slow I mean way too slow. You should take a look at their handling.

• Also write down some rules somewhere. Players can do anything, what is technically possible, when there is no admin online. Don't forget to forbid spawn-killing and previously mentioned "roofing".

• Slightly reduce given damage by revolver (it's one-hit from any distance).

• If possible, add more maps.

I know it's hard work, but try to consider these suggestions. :fadein:

Edited by Guest

-new name tags are a good idea (however since bushes have no collision it may be impossible)

-you actually have to press the "select team"button in the main menu, is there any glitch that requires you to press f3?

-roofing should be fixed, but it's intended on Italy

-yes, cars are still too slow.

-Spawn killing is protected by your spawn protection (as long as you are transparent), but maybe this time is too short.

-I will look at the revolver, maybe it's really better to Nerf it

-I am working on maps. But that's the biggest time eater. There are 2 maps in progress now

There is no speedometer. At least not yet.

-new name tags are a good idea (however since bushes have no collision it may be impossible)

-you actually have to press the "select team"button in the main menu, is there any glitch that requires you to press f3?

-roofing should be fixed, but it's intended on Italy

-yes, cars are still too slow.

-Spawn killing is protected by your spawn protection (as long as you are transparent), but maybe this time is too short.

-I will look at the revolver, maybe it's really better to Nerf it

-I am working on maps. But that's the biggest time eater. There are 2 maps in progress now

There is no speedometer. At least not yet.

Some additional info:

• Bushes doesn't have collision, but if you reduce maximum draw range of nametags, it would be enough.

• Sometimes when I connect, I have black screen and I see only chat, when I press F3 then everything is fine. I think it was doing when I didn't check auto-login, because last time it was fine (with auto-login).

• Roofing on Italy is intended but only to the first (lower) roof. There are two ways, you can get on the top roof (which is not intended for sure).

• Agree.

• Agree.

• Agree.

• Yeah, they are, but I'm glad to read you are working on another maps. :)

Maybe I will just entirely remove enemy Nametags and only enable them when they are very loud.

I need to re-look at the code when auto login is disabled. Maybe there's a bug.

I don't know a roof glitch on Italy. One of my Mods has fixed some issues on that map, but that version is not uploaded.

New Update:

-fixed invisible weapons occurring pretty often

-reduced lag of far away planes and warships by 900ms (No more jumping aircraft)

-fixed a gui bug that let you press F3 when you shouldn't

-fixed some dx gui elements being affected by water shader

-fixed GUI not disappearing when game is minimized while spawning

-fixed flower pot appearing on mortar when exiting

-fixed some warnings

-fixed the ability to headshot players in tanks with some weapon/skin combinations

-added a new movement system for upcoming warships that work's more reliable than before

-reduced Deagle damage to make it less OP

-increased spawn protection time by 2 seconds

-uploaded newest versions of all maps

-changed enemy nametags to hide when they move silently (up to 50% noise)

-improved bullet sync of M1 garand and G43 - are they op now???

-fixed stopping power not working for most semi-automatic weapons

Also I couldn't find any issue that forces players to press F3 to get started, joining the game automatically opens the Login/Register/Guest window if auto login is disabled.

As usual - rate, comment, report more bugs

Another update:

-Updated some maps, implemented new objects and fixed bugs

-fixed a shitload of small bugs, didnt note every change

-fixed some vehicles being too fast while reversing

-fixed admin god mode not working sometimes

-fixed nickname of players being visible while using cloak gadget

-Updated vehicle shops

-fixed some rare warnings

-implemented new stuff for the upcoming ships (working turrets and more)

-fixed controls of vehicles not working after re-spawn when dying in a field gun

-increased speed of trucks and cars

-fixed the exploit to fire the field gun when in movement mode

-fixed sniper sway not resetting when dying while aiming with a sniper

• 3 weeks later...

Update:
-improved sync
-implemented virtual projectiles
-removed driveby for drivers
-updated killmessages
-updated maps KDB, Africa and Diablo
-various additions for ships
-updated 3d models of Bf 109/ P51
-various warnings fixed
-numerous small improvements
-fixed trailers still being attached when truck respawned
-implemented water impact effects
-increased AP shell penetration when hitting cars/fighters
-test fix for not counting kills caused by explosions
-test fix for not disappearing kill messages
-fixed numerous map issues/roof glitches on Diablo/Africa/KDB/Ambush
-exiting an vehicle that has been attached on landing boats will warp you now into the landing boat if it has no controller yet
-more stuff I don't remember