DEGENATRON!!!

KILLZ0R

How about making a modification, where there is a games store where you can play the degenatron, and the high scores would get updated (go to http://www.degenatron.com/ i dont think these games are copy righted!!) and you could put in some other side games for people, like erm.. well contests, like shooting contests and fighting/boxing contests!!

AND PLEASE MAY SOMEONE TELL ME WHY THE HELL WE CANT HAVE PEDS

I did do some searching, but found nothing of any interest in this forum. The ped paths are NOT hard coded in the exe, they are NOT hard to change (i'll edit this post if i can find this tutorial on how to change ped paths)

adding a subgame would be kinda cool, but how do u deside what to add, and what not?

about the pedestrians, they would take to much bandwidth too be synced. and besides, what's the point? they would just be in the way everytime. especially in DM servers..

adding a subgame would be kinda cool, but how do u deside what to add, and what not?

about the pedestrians, they would take to much bandwidth too be synced. and besides, what's the point? they would just be in the way everytime. especially in DM servers..

thnx

but couldnt we make a seperate server for ppl hu have broadband

what would be better was if we could have the car paths put back in!!!

and what would be really cool would be that we could do the missions MP

oh yeah, and how do you spawn cars

but couldnt we make a seperate server for ppl hu have broadband

I have broadband and I lag anyway without peds (everyone does). Peds would just make the game unplayable. Also remember that MTA is clientside and the server can't see the game map.

We could sync peds, and its somthing we might look into post blue (we won't have it in the intial blue version). The current core doesn't have the technology to do this though - if it were to try bandwidth usage would be high. No, we won't make a special lan version... We don't know how many people play on LAN, but I expect its less than 1% of the people who play on the internet... so its not worth us spending what would be a huge ammount of time and effort on a feature that only a tiny minority would ever use. This question has been answered hundreds of times.

eAi

"We could sync peds, and its somthing we might look into post blue"

THANKS!!!!

WTF?? Lan server?? You dont need to make one!!. you just set up your own ( i play over lan) server. i log on to the server (pc which im using as server is same as one im playing vice city on) with 127.0.0.1 (own pc IP address) and default hole 2003 (i've forgotten what you call it) WAIT ITS CALLED A SOCKET!!

then my friends log on to the server with my internal ip address (EG: 212.156.1.0:2003

(:2003 is the socket)

WTF?? Lan server?? You dont need to make one!!. you just set up your own ( i play over lan) server. i log on to the server (pc which im using as server is same as one im playing vice city on) with 127.0.0.1 (own pc IP address) and default hole 2003 (i've forgotten what you call it) WAIT ITS CALLED A SOCKET!!

then my friends log on to the server with my internal ip address (EG: 212.156.1.0:2003

(:2003 is the socket)

eAi was talking about dedicated LAN servers that would have the required bandwith to synch some peds, since more bandwith and the connections obviously are faster for LAN networks than through the Inet... :roll:

People have requested special LAN servers before, that maybe would've supported stuff that would require T3 on the internet to run.

eAi, I'm among those 1%, please do it for ME! >: )

slothman said something about MP missions in gta3 where are they??

They're mini-games that you can unlock by buying a taxi at Ammunation which will take you to the game mode selection screen. Also note that these are only in Shoreside Vale, unless you count Turismo in Portland.

I've seen a multiplayer patch for GTA3 that has peds, cars driving round etc. it was basically a 100% complete single player but has other players. it was kewl except the one bug, and BIG bug was that you couldn't kill the other player. else i would reccomend using that if u want peds. i was playing on a 100mb lan so it wern't lag. but peds would be good! but laggy. i like the idea of adding peds into the blue core cuz from what i hear the blue core could handle it.

I've seen a multiplayer patch for GTA3 that has peds, cars driving round etc. it was basically a 100% complete single player but has other players. it was kewl except the one bug, and BIG bug was that you couldn't kill the other player. else i would reccomend using that if u want peds. i was playing on a 100mb lan so it wern't lag. but peds would be good! but laggy. i like the idea of adding peds into the blue core cuz from what i hear the blue core could handle it.

wow, I would like to know the name of this multiplayer that you've seen, cause it smells like 100% BullSh*t

slothman said something about MP missions in gta3 where are they??

They're mini-games that you can unlock by buying a taxi at Ammunation which will take you to the game mode selection screen. Also note that these are only in Shoreside Vale, unless you count Turismo in Portland.

Turismo was removed in .5 due to it causing crashes. The shoreside missions can be activated with the taxi or with the warehouse in shoreside.. for info on the missions, go HERE

wow, I would like to know the name of this multiplayer that you've seen, cause it smells like 100% BullSh*t

Okay.. well if almost 10,000 (at least registered) people have been to this forum and noone has mentioned it, it must not exist.

and default hole 2003 (i've forgotten what you call it) WAIT ITS CALLED A SOCKET!!

lmfao

Turismo was removed in .5 due to it causing crashes. The shoreside missions can be activated with the taxi or with the warehouse in shoreside.. for info on the missions, go HERE

I seem to recall them saying that Turismo was purchasable in Ammunation, but they did remove a feature at the last minute so maybe that was it.

Edited by Guest