shoreside spawn system for staunton and portland?

l2ebel

would you want the shoreside spawn system applied to staunton and portland for the next release?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. would you want the shoreside spawn system applied to staunton and portland for the next release?

• yes, for staunton and portland
    • no, dont apply the ssv spawn system to neither
    • only add it to staunton
    • only add it to portland

i think staunton and portland are a bit dull compared to the spawning system in shoreside vale and i think that the ssv spawn system is the main reason why nobody plays staunton or portland (ok some do but ssv is #1)

another positive thing is that theres no ammunation wars anymore like it used to be in portland, tbh i rarely buy stuff anymore since i already spawn with a good weapon, only for hp if needed

my suggestion: in portland, get some new careers too like mafia, diablos and triads... (hmm adds a bit of 0.3b flavour :P)

in staunton you could use the yardies, the fbi, yakuza and the columbians or how about the army due to the size of staunton? i think 5 careers would be nice

In my opinion Portland is a nice solid pure dm experience, with no need to improve.

Staunton however is too big and to awesome a map to leave how it is (unused).

It seems the direction the MTA devs are going with it is to make it the "stunt-mode" of gta3. Great Idea! I suggest going further with this by adding racing back in there. I'm told it was removed due to bugginess, but I implore you to give it another go, Staunton is the perfect racing map, and I'm sure a feature like that will increase staunton's population.

:idea: MTA Devs: have you considered doing a checkpoint gather instead of a race? Meaning that people have to collect the most checkpoints, instead of being in the lead. Just like the first yardies mission. maybe you'll run into less problems that way, who knows :idea:

In my opinion Portland is a nice solid pure dm experience, with no need to improve.

Staunton however is too big and to awesome a map to leave how it is (unused).

It seems the direction the MTA devs are going with it is to make it the "stunt-mode" of gta3. Great Idea! I suggest going further with this by adding racing back in there. I'm told it was removed due to bugginess, but I implore you to give it another go, Staunton is the perfect racing map, and I'm sure a feature like that will increase staunton's population.

:idea: MTA Devs: have you considered doing a checkpoint gather instead of a race? Meaning that people have to collect the most checkpoints, instead of being in the lead. Just like the first yardies mission. maybe you'll run into less problems that way, who knows :idea:

Read my mind, Sloth. On everything... Portland is perfect... Staunton is perfect for racing etc. But, Mike's idea on how letting the server decide, but then there isn't many servers who would do just what you would want as in having Portland un-changed.

but then there isn't many servers who would do just what you would want as in having Portland un-changed.

The server admins would do what the majority of players want to get people into their server so it should work out ok for the players if they make their needs known.

I would like an option for the spawn system in the mtaserver.conf but still allow servers to use the old system on those islands if they wish.

Same thing njr1489, you should've read all the posts :)

edit: or if you meant both at once, I think that's a bit dull. I don't think they work so well on cross of eachother.

• 3 weeks later...

do the designers have any info on this? port and staunt NEED to have this. ammo wars are gay. i stopped playing this for a long time because i like GTA3 more than VC (have both) and portland was set up stupidly. i just came back like yesterday and was MORE THAN THRILLED to find SSV's setup. the ONLY thing it lacked was a racing option (turismo).

the idea that you can configure the server to have the old or new setup for port and staunt is a good idea, but i would never play anything other than the SSV setup for any map.

it would be awesome to hear some official feedback on this. i love SSV the map with its setup, but all three maps NEED this. its nice to have decent weapons so i can have a decent chance at killing other guys without being hounded and having "gay ammo wars".

Hrm... Dunno, to be honest... It seems that the three maps are each designed with their own "theme" or "flavor". You have Portland, lots of weapon pickups, turismo and such... Then Staunton, less weapon pickups, but easier to get money (via the stunts) and still able to get paid by clobbering the opposition. SSV is a team-based game system (despite what the majority seem to think) with virutually NO weapon pickups (that I've seen anyway) and great amounts of ease at getting money, which can then be used to buy the weapons you weren't able to pick up off the street.

They each have they're own play style. I'd like to see more features like missions and such on the other islands, but as trx said, they just didn't have time and now they're trying to fix Vice City.

Continue making future MTA revisions more like SSV and hammer out the problems with Vice City and you'll be golden =)

Edited by Guest