Gameplay guide for Shoreside Vale

l2ebel

Ive seen many people playing in ssv without knowing basic stuff as how to choose a 3rd weapon in the career screen so i think its time someone writes a sticky with info.

the spawn menu

• you can select your career by scrolling left and right with the keys which are bound to "walk left" and "walk right"
  • you always have a bat and a colt as default but you can choose a third weapon of your choice by pressing "walk foreward" and "walk backward"
    (you can choose between uzi, shotgun, ak47 and the flamethrower)
  • all those keys DONT work with a joystick (at least not on mine) so make sure you are using the keyboard to select
  • it may happen that you spawn without the 3rd weapon, this is caused by choosing the character too fast, make sure the weapon model loads up on the spawn menu before you respawn

buying weapons

theres a place where you can buy weapons/health at every spawn location.

To buy something you have to press "walk foreward", if you buy the taxi you will be warped to the gamemode selection near the dam, you can also select a gamemode there at anytime without having to pay for a taxi.

To select a gamemode press "walk foreward".

if a gamemode is running you CANT access the ammo shops at the spawns.

pay n spray

you can get your vehicle repaired by driving into a pay n spray garage, these are mostly found near the spawn locations

careers

• yakuza
    spawn location: right next to turtle head, or in other words right above the airport
    car: yakuza stinger
    player model: kenji
  • hoods
    spawn location: witcha gardens
    car: hoods rumpo
    player model: 8ball
  • columbian cartel
    spawn loation: around the villas at the right half of the map
    car: cartel cruiser
    player model: miguel
  • cops
    spawn loaction: around the police station
    car: cop cars
    player model: cop

gamemodes

• speed
    in speed you have to drive the bus for a certain time without going under 50mph or the bus will blow up, once the mode started the bus will show up as a yellow dot on your radar.
    If you dont want to activate the bomb right at the airport you can drive to a better location as long as you stay under 50mph, if you go over it the bomb will be activated and the time will begin to count down.
    reward: money
  • van heist
    van heist is simple, the position of the van will be marked as a yellow dot, if you enter it you will see a new yellow dot on the radar, now all you have to do is drive the van there and park it in the blue marker.
    After the van blew up (if youre playing as yakuza) make sure you collect the money laying on the ground, ive seen so many people running away once the van blew up without collecting the money.
    reward: about 4500$
  • ransack
    The warehouse is right above the yakuza spawn and marked on the radar, once you enter it you cant get out until the time elapses.
    Your goal is to collect as many weapon crates as possible but make sure you dont walk into the blue clouds or into the fire, when your oxygen is out you will be loosing health but theres a ventilation at the eastern wall, stand into it and your oxygen bar will recover.
    reward: money
  • grand theft auto
    simple mode, all you have to do is to steal the cars of the other gangs and return them to your own spawn.
    reward: money and a weapon

heres a map of shoreside vale with all the spawn and mission locations, thanks to Slothman for that:

shoreside.jpg

have i forgot any mode? and does anyone know the exact money rewards for all modes? anything i should add?

i just made it sticky for now so that people see it (or even not :P)

Edited by Guest

i think the ransack awards are determined by how many crates you get. I'm not sure how much per crate though.

you forgot to mention the spawn/ ammunation locations.

The van heist destinations change depending on your career. (the cops take it to the garage near the cop station

I get a lot of people remarking about the weird jumping as well. ( have no idea why they would change the jumping)

i think the ransack awards are determined by how many crates you get. I'm not sure how much per crate though.

The van heist destinations change depending on your career. (the cops take it to the garage near the cop station

I get a lot of people remarking about the weird jumping as well. ( have no idea why they would change the jumping)

thanks for the info sloth, havent played all missions with all careers yet :-s

ah well, i guess ill have to test it all sometime :P the most important part for now was the ability to select a 3rd weapon when spawning, im kinda sick of telling ppl that after i saw them playing for a half hour with only the uzi

and the high jumping was put in cause of the massive carkilling discussions when 0.4 was released, i remember trx saying something about "looking into increasing the jumping height"

thanks for the info sloth, havent played all missions with all careers yet :-s

ah well, i guess ill have to test it all sometime :P the most important part for now was the ability to select a 3rd weapon when spawning, im kinda sick of telling ppl that after i saw them playing for a half hour with only the uzi

and the high jumping was put in cause of the massive carkilling discussions when 0.4 was released, i remember trx saying something about "looking into increasing the jumping height"

But, the jump is sort of a glitch now. Jump off a high building and press jump alot and your guy stops in mid air for a split second. Get knocked down, your guy bounces off the ground.

i dont see any glitching involved with that, you still take about the same falling damage and you still get up as fast as normal when knocked down

or have you found something that could be exploited?

It could be just me but I dunno, I jump right when the person shot for the kill and I didn't die. It's a glitch if your body stops in mid air for a split second, not normal. I just think it sends the guy a bit higher not further, the height increase sends you further <-- what I think.

it DOES let you fly further if you jump again in midair, the high jumping is only a little boost triggered a certain time after the jump button has been pressed and in a certain angle (about 45 degrees) so it pushes you a bit upwards and forewards

ill try to test if i can avoid being finished off when im knocked down

it DOES let you fly further if you jump again in midair, the high jumping is only a little boost triggered a certain time after the jump button has been pressed and in a certain angle (about 45 degrees) so it pushes you a bit upwards and forewards

ill try to test if i can avoid being finished off when im knocked down

Alright, hey what servers you in? Haven't seen you in Party or Mike's GServer.

okay, here's something different:

last night, erorr404 and I were doing van heist. He was a cop, and I was yakuza. He was driving. the marker was at the bottom of the dam for both of us for some reaso. when we got to the goal, I got a mission accomplished and the money, erorr got a message saying he was "captured".

We could go through the trouble of doing the mission over and over, or a dev could explain the rules to us (please)

Van Heist is a team-gamemode. So if you grab the securicar and bring it to your gangs neighbourhood, and the entire gang gets the reward.

Most likely, it was thrown off that time by having a passenger from an opposite team along for the ride. I'm afraid this has been overlooked.

Greetz(please tell me if you can be the one for telling and showing some health spots and somethign...)

I'm not sure if there are any health pickups. I always buy mine from the Ammunations.

There are lots, some are hidden in garages and interiors. Very convinient if you need to drawback from a fight.

MB made his map out from the scm information - check this thread: http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?t=8949

I would do the SSV map and Staunton if I knew how :)

Greetz(please tell me if you can be the one for telling and showing some health spots and somethign...)

I'm not sure if there are any health pickups. I always buy mine from the Ammunations.

There are lots, some are hidden in garages and interiors. Very convinient if you need to drawback from a fight.

MB made his map out from the scm information - check this thread: http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?t=8949

I would do the SSV map and Staunton if I knew how :)

actually...i didn't make the map out of the scm, i used to scm to check if really all pickups were on the map, i prety much found all of them myself

actually...i didn't make the map out of the scm, i used to scm to check if really all pickups were on the map, i prety much found all of them myself

oh, but isn't it faster to just read it through the scm ? :P

ah I wouldn't know, anyway GTA3 people you should check out the new pick-up map at the Useful Topics section.