NEW MTA SPAWNS MAP - Leave comments & vote

Ransom

Do you approve of these changes?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of these changes?

• Yes
    • No

Well sailor almost spawns with shotgun now since it's right down the street... when you move the spawn it won't be the case...

If I had a it my way I would give the sailor a shotgun and a hammer. And the VCC a shotgun

You want balance? that would do it for me.. .otherwise look for everyone spawning robber.

VCC with his armor and Sailor with his health... both with a shotgun? noone would just one character anymore...

Also more ammo for Mexicans and he gets his mollies back... game = balanced

edit

Sorry for the off topic... I think the map is winner but these weapons changes are nessesary to even the weapons out and keep ppl from missing the spawnwars

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is more of a matter of map usage to me. I am getting tired of the same battle grounds over and over again while almost 1/2 of Vice City lies dead 75% of the time. This would stop spawn wars which helps balancing, which is also a big goal, but I really am aiming to use more of the map as the first priority.

First we'll see how this turns out, then turn the attention to another topic where we can debate some weapon changes.

Pr0n sig! :shock:

--

Like the changes Ransom, I've always liked to fight on the first island. Like when we had that spawn in Malibu Club ;) (MTA:VC 0.1)

I thought at that time, that 0.4 would bring back the action over there. But it didn't really succeed.

Man, it's gonna be great when people finally can set their own spawn points, the community will get exactly what it wants. That's a job for Blue though.

Just send the robber spawn back to Prawn Island. They weren't so much of a problem then.

I agree. The spawn wars weren't as bad there than in .4. In my opinion, the wars at prawn island were only for the maverick. If there was no maverick in .3r2, people wouldn't have fought that much at that time.

I had considered it alot, but for the VCC, since they are considered the weakest of spawns, they should get what they stand for, freedom of movement. So thats why I decided it should be put on both islands. One of the robber spawns is RIGHT as the base of the bridge though, its only a walking distance away.

This allows robber to stay close, but the VCC has a better spawn area. The spawn wars would not happen most of the time with this layout. As I said I also want to push for a helicopter on that island, because it would help the whole freedom deal (plus people hate the reduction of helicopters). Starfish island is all set for the VCC spawn.

EDIT: I tried changing things, but it leaves a big hole in the Northeast thats hard to patch. I need to think of something that can go over there if the robber spawn is moved. I did add a VCC spawn to the fort baxter base as there is already some vehicles there.

trx said he looked over this among other topics and 'has the general idea', he has already started working on the spawn system so I really don't know what to do with this... I suppose I'll just unsticky this and hope his mindset is the same as ours.

trx said he looked over this among other topics and 'has the general idea', he has already started working on the spawn system so I really don't know what to do with this... I suppose I'll just unsticky this and hope his mindset is the same as ours.

TRX!!!!

If you give shotguns to sailors and VCC I'll end my hunger strike!!!!

and hurry because it's getting close to dinner time and I only had a small lunch

i presonally like the idea of multiple spanws, but for those who enjoy spawnwars, maybe it needs to be a server option

1 is good for general dm, another is probably better for those who just want to be in one place.

would be nice if it was selectable by server admins.

I have had this feeling for quite a long time, but now I decided to share it with the public.

It can't be THAT hard to make spawnpoints customizable (an .ini configured by the server-owner). All you will need to do is change the setting used in the scm for the spawnpoints, by using memory injection.

I know this might sound very noobish, but I know it is possible, and that they have thought of implementing it in Blue, but still... Blue isn't there tomorrow, and the issues won't go away.

I apologise if I 'hurt' anyone by saying it, that's not my intention. But as a coder, I have experimented with Vice a lot, and I can tell it is possible.

However, the limitations of the current core could be an issue, I am not aware of the exact possibilities of the core, neither of the limitations.

Please do NOT start flaming to this post, I am just trying to explain how I feel about it, I do know they work hard on MTA, and I respect it, however it is still beta and thus not 'perfect', if anything is ever perfect...

You have probably all considered it before, but I think it can be done already...

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Bye,

Trust

You guys can keep voting or whatever.. but trx has already looked over things and said he is approaching it a different way, in short: this is not going to become a reality.

I can't tell you what hes planning on... I don't even know exactly how he's doing it. I will say its different than the current spawn system though.

Like I said before, lets just hope his mindset is the same as ours.

And with that... I unstickyed this topic. Who knows though, maybe the idea wont work and this will be brought up again someday (probably not with only a release of blue coming though).

0.5 was mainly a GTA3 upgrade. Now it's time for Vice City.

I held back on developing for Vice as: 1) GTA3 is the better game in my opinion, and deserves some solid gameplay. 2) BLUE is being developed for Vice City at the moment.

So, changes are due. Some will like it, some will not.

The new spawn system will be entirely different, and will resemble the one we use for Shoreside Vale. I appreciate all the suggestions that were made here, but I believe that the classes system has been limiting the freedom you should have on a large map like vice city, no matter how well you balance them. So I took what I found were useful and positive reactions, and tried to blend them together.

I held back on developing for Vice as: 1) GTA3 is the better game in my opinion, and deserves some solid gameplay. 2) BLUE is being developed for Vice City at the moment.

I appreciate everything you (the MTA team) did for GTA3, if your gonna focus on Blue after this, then we at least got a decent mod left for GTAIII, it deserves to have all islands and gamemodes. Good thing there was put so much effort into it.

I do hope we can get a 100% crashfree GTA3 before Blue though. But as it is now, I'm very pleased with GTA3 :)

So, changes are due. Some will like it, some will not.

The new spawn system will be entirely different, and will resemble the one we use for Shoreside Vale. I appreciate all the suggestions that were made here, but I believe that the classes system has been limiting the freedom you should have on a large map like vice city, no matter how well you balance them. So I took what I found were useful and positive reactions, and tried to blend them together.

perfect. I can't wait

ohhh a reply from trixie :D

a new class system as per the one u described and a weapon balancing to boot would be killer.

heres to that :idea:

it wont stop spawn wars, but if everyones coordinating to the point where they WANT to spawnwar at one location i see no reason to try and prevent said event from happening