NEW MTA SPAWNS MAP - Leave comments & vote

Ransom

Do you approve of these changes?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of these changes?

• Yes
    • No

Okay guys this is my draft of new spawning. As 2 team members said already, it needs to be what the PUBLIC wants, so tell me what you think.

Keep in mind I based this on 3 principles:

1. Variety to create a different game everytime (every spawn has at least 2 spots)

2. Balanced usage of both islands

3. Spawns relating to their themes

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/Ranso ... wspawn.JPG

The normal spawns have NO TEXT. The new spawns have text. Here is my reasoning behind these choices:

Cop – Already has 4 spawn points, spread nicely. No changes.

Sailor – The sailor has 2 new spawns, a mirror spawn almost. Across the bridge on the other docks there is another sailor spawn to provide some variety and more East Island action. Also, a spawn in the North of East Island, at the base of the golf bridge. It has a curved pier and trees in an small area boxed in by buildings. There is one entrance which is at the side of the bridge (One of the boxing buildings is where you find the PCJ600).

Robber - the robber has been put over 4 different spawns. 3 are on the East to promote East Island fighting, like the crusader was intended to do. It still has one spawn on the West, the junkyard. I find this reasonable because there is a shortcut that quickly gets you to the airport area to the south, but it’s also not too far to cross the bridge to the East, and allows you to go north just as easily. I have tried to relate them to the robber them as much as possible. The robber spawn at the police station is in the jail cell. It is VERY close to the cop spawn but the chances of both spawning there at the same time is rare. It also allows the spawning cars from two spawn points to be grouped together.

Mexican – An extra spawn has been added at the condo of Cortez’s right hand man, which makes it a true Mexican spawn. It allows the Mexicans to enjoy the East Island.

Secret Service – Another spawn up at the FBI building (only say this because an FBI Washington is there in single player). It allows the Secret Service to have better West island access.

Vice City Crusader – Has been taken down to 3 spawns. Basically, this spawn gives the freest choice as you can simply choose East or West Island. There is one on Prawn and Starfish Island. Also the mansion has a helicopter. I am also suggesting the unused sandking downtown to be traded for a helicopter back on prawn island as people do not like the reduction of helicopters. That would mean VCC has a helicopter at each spawn to further recognize them as the spawn with the most freedom. The last spawn is at Fort Baxter, it is put in because vehicles are already there and it lies close to the robber/mexican shortcut. It allows more action in that area while the hunter still allows the VCC freedom.

Old spawn amount = 13

New spawn amount = 18

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah Ransom, all looks good.

But, like Kung said its not just the spawn-points that need changing, and also would be good if there was one skin that spawned somewhere on its own with all the decent weps for spawnwars (alot of people who play actually like having a spawnwar most of the time)

Its a hard choice to add that, I mean if theres a certain spawn where you can have any weapon it would become the best and only choice. Unless perhaps, it was a spawn that allowed you only 1 weapon or something of that sort for those who want to have the spawn matches. I would prefer keeping GTA3 only to the spawn killing stuff.

A lot of people are tired of just spawning, fighting, and dying instead of having the uniqueness of the game. That is you find a battle somewhere, which could include any cars, weapons, and terrain, and you have a new fighting ground all the time.

Perhaps if it was added it could be put somewhere thats not really fun to get out of... perhaps the last golf island from the entrance golf course with no cars or something of that sort.

Anyways, keep the comments coming. Glad the feedback is mostly accepting.

Edit: By the way, DeathB is working on some of the things he suggested to be tested and considered.

Edited by Guest

What if the spawnwar character spawned at the dirtring and had no cars or bikes around... If you had to walk it would be a pain in the ass to spawn with it and not have a spawnwar

Plus a lot of the ppl who play this game try to have teams and gangwars. It takes an hour to gather the correct weapons to start. With this character you have 1 on 1s with every good weapon and easy setup for gangwars.

Let me repeat... NOONE uses the characters the way they were intended to be used... No cops are looking for robbers or sailors vrs mexicans the whole theme used for these characters has been rejected by the community mainly because there is no end of the game and the skin glitch issue. We just want the weapons and the spawns. What you call them is meaningless.

Some ppl want to hunt.. somewant to roleplay some want spawnwars and 1 on 1s and other like running...

But should people really be allowed to have all the 'cool' weapons of each class for a gangwar? It would get boring having a bunch of people using the most powerful weapons all the time IMO.

I just can't see a good way to put this in the game, I mean I can live with allowing a few choices, but that would be rejected by people. If all choices are allowed, people are going to stock up and run however far they need to to get in the game. Finally, making some kind of money system or something is going to be way too much to do for something like this. Its like sacrificing free-for-all for gangwars in my eyes.

I would okay this only if it could be turned on/off with a server. It would be very nice as an option for gangwars I agree, but putting this in will result as a high tech version of a stubby war involving all weapons. Most people would never even get to play for real because people would drive there to fight, get killed, then just start spawning there instead of going back with something else. Before you know it 3/4 of the server is massed there.

I know the spawn themes aren't used, but it represents strengths and weaknesses. It can get boring when everyone chooses the best weapons and always has the same strengths and weaknesses.

But should people really be allowed to have all the 'cool' weapons of each class for a gangwar? It would get boring having a bunch of people using the most powerful weapons all the time IMO.

agreed

i think if you would add a super career to the game then everyone would only use that one and the whole game would just change from robber spawn wars to that new careers spawn, the game will never be balanced like that

i know that spawn wars and duels can be awesome but i think thats more of a thing for blue, 1 server, running duel mod 24/7

I suggested all spawns being randomized a couple days ago, I think. I'm all for this.

Spawn wars are fun, but let's face it... they can get really, really repetitive after a while. Ransom's map, for example, would allow gameplay to spread out across Vice City, and not be limited to just one place.

Creating the new spawns, I wanted to keep character's spawns to their themes, so new people wouldn't see the game and be like "okay this game is dumb it makes no sense". It may not be totally random, but it allows each spawn access to both islands and every spawn has 2 spots. Therefore, massive spawn warring will be impossible.

Thanks for the support, I wasted 1/2 of my Saturday planning this thing.

I would approve of these changes if it was for a gang war mode. I know talidan is trying to make a team deathmatch script or something like that. maybe with these changes and a team deathmatch mode this can work. This is what mta was missing. Most online shooters have FFA TDM and other gamemodes. Everyone will approve if this mode was made.

i like the randomized spawn bit, but like the ideas have been mentioned,. i think we could use one skin that spawns in one place, with both stubby and long range. maybe set it aside to a special place, like the golfcourse was mentioned.

Looks very good m8 , i would like to see the old robber spawn back from 0.3 pwnage there

Hi, yes I considered that, but then again I wanted to save that spot for VCC as it allows a choice of either island from the start. However, I did put robber somewhat close to the area, but it still promotes usage of the east island.

Edit: I have found another spot somewhat suitable for a sailor. It is the the curvy pier that is at the base of the golf bridge, it has one entrance by the bridge side as buildings create a boxed in area with trees. I am going to add that in the spawn map, but if you think it should be tossed out tell me.

i think we could use one skin that spawns in one place, with both stubby and long range. maybe set it aside to a special place, like the golfcourse was mentioned.
Why? That would only promote spawn wars with that class.

thats what has made mta so FUN. having that option, to do the spawn war, or to do the VC war. what could it hurt? just put it in a secluded area.

like KFG mentioned...

Some ppl want to hunt.. somewant to roleplay some want spawnwars and 1 on 1s and other like running..

PS why not have our cake and eat it too??

Edited by Guest
i think we could use one skin that spawns in one place, with both stubby and long range. maybe set it aside to a special place, like the golfcourse was mentioned.
Why? That would only promote spawn wars with that class.

thats what has made mta so FUN. having that option, to do the spawn war, or to do the VC war. what could it hurt? just put it in a secluded area.

It would just be Prawn Island all over again...

Like I said, spawn wars are fun, but they do get repetitive. Randomizing the spawns to prevent them is the original intention of this thread. It would really change gameplay for the better, I think.

It will never happen in 0.5... but it's still a good idea. =)

if people want to have spawnwars lets do this

close off the bloodring... as in make it so you cant leave the place. then let people spawn there with an m60, stubby, mp5, grenades, etc. and let them go at it, while keeping them away from the people who dont want to have spawnwars.

i do believe thats what was being suggested before.. and thats what i think we should do

as far as gangwars goes, that needs a different spawn layout completely. six sides, divide that by two.

take those three classes, give them varieties of the most powerful weapons, and spawn them accross the map from the other three classes which are setup the exact same.

that way basically what you have is you spawn, your already together, you just get up and go.

Great idea deathb.. never even thought about that. It would simply be a matter of taking the sphere out to leave. That wouldn't have to include some bizarre MTA ideas like adding objects to block people. Keep in mind though people, that is not what this vote is about. This is a vote about new spawns without adding any new character spawns. However, its okay to discuss.

Theye are all very good...but on 1st island i think that there need to be more...second island is perfect...

The ratio of spawns is about 2:1 for East Island. Its a matter of percentages. A majority of the time robber, sailor will be in the East spawn (but its not to far to cross over). Then pretty much all the others are a 50-50 chance. I believe this setup should be perfect to keep the East Island going, while not making it too popular and killing off the West Island.

My biggest reason to not add more spawns than needed is because you need spawn cars at every spawn. This is already 4 more than normal so splitting them up will be harder (which is why I like having police and robber spawn together). However, I would be open to suggestions in changing current spawns. This is the best setup I could come up with to keep each class to it's theme and keeping them spread out over the map.

Edited by Guest

I really like your spawn locations Ransom. The only other thing I would suggest is to maybe give the crusader or some character a spawn at the army base. There are already a couple vehicles there so it shouldn't effect the limited number of cars much. I disapprove of the character that can choose any weapon they want unless it is limited to the bloodring. Good work! :)

This is turning out pretty well. If it keeps on this way, I am going to take the next step and give the new coordinates for redistributing the character/car spawns.

Even though its off (spawn spots) subject, yes KFG I agree VCC needs something. I am thinking about asking them to put in a flamethrower (rebels idea) or perhaps a shotgun.

p.s. interesting idea, i am considering the fort baxter spawn.

Edited by Guest