[REL] Cinema Experience 2.0 [Updated 13th January 2017]

Tails

@Dutchman101 Thanks, we are aware of some of these bugs. I will try and deal with these bugs today if Loki has time as well (I can't test it alone either). If not, I might have a go at it this weekend. Also the code is so old that I don't really like any of the code anymore because nowadays I approach everything in a completely different way. So it's not as easy to find exactly where the bugs are. But yeah, thanks for reporting.

21 hours ago, Tails said:

@kleinmarquez Ah, yeah. That's the downside of replacing objects in MTA. If you want you could change the objects ids though but you have to go and find an id that you want to replace. You can use the map editor to check the ids on objects in the world.

Unpack the zip file and browse to the map folder and open TheCinema.map file with a text editor. Then replace the ids that you see in the first image.

Then browse to the screen folder and open up screen.lua and change the ids to the ones you put in the in the map file. (see second image)

EL9bAFy.png

Hope this helps. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I'm not an admin, I was the Everyone in other servers, I saw it before from the server, I will PM you what is the server name.

• 2 months later...
On 17-7-2017 at 04:36, Sami_~> said:

not working i have press F2 in youtube browser just white colour blank photo is showing..

@Sami_~> Make sure you have enabled remote websites in your settings under Web Browser tab. Also make sure you haven't accidentally blocked the youtube/google urls (check your blacklist). If you have too many in there, you can clear it by editing this file: MTA San Andreas 1.5\MTA\CEF\browserdata.xml

Edited by Tails
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • MTA Anti-Cheat Team
2 hours ago, Not BISQUIT said:

Hi, i download file, past it to "gameplay", add "resource.cinemaexperience". But i VIP dont permission. Help

After adding ACL access for the resource, you still need to do the following;

On 10-4-2016 at 23:15, Tails said:

Finally, you need to add yourself as VIP. In order to do that, enter the cinema and press F2 to open up the cinema panel.

Now open the Settings tab, then open the Visitors tab (on the right side of the panel) and select your name. Click on 'Add/remove VIP'.

Known issues

- Can't add VIPs? If you can't control the settings after you've added yourself as VIP, unpack the resource and delete the config files in the cfg folder.

You will need to be logged in as Admin (user account) in order to use the 'Add/remove VIP' button. Also, you'll need to select the name of player you want to make VIP from the "Visitors" tab in cinema F2 panel (so they gotta be physically present in the cinema area).

Note: as of August 2018 there's a bug in recent MTA builds that breaks compatibility with all cinema scripts (or other resources drawing CEF browsers on surfaces, like cinema canvases here..). The main browser view will work, but the canvas will stay empty or paused (unable to play). In order for players to use cinema, for that reason, they will need to downgrade to the latest non-bugged build found at https://nightly.multitheftauto.com/mtasa-1.5.5-full_rc-13814-20180725.exe while we're working on it.

Not sure if this is applicable to your own build, but just saying.

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team
10 minutes ago, Not BISQUIT said:

I login as Admin, select player, but "Only admin can remove/add staff members"

There's a global defining aclGroup as "Admin", make sure you're not logging in as Moderator or any custom ACL group account, and that you're using an unmodified version of the resource (re-download) or else go to cinemaexperience\cfg and either wipe it (as recommended by the creator) or if nothing is working then manually add the VIPs, it would appear like this;

<Privileges>
    <Serial Name="Playernick">817027ADH99B39A1C76310B00EBC9E4</Serial>
</Privileges>

• 2 weeks later...

URGENT

New patch released (ver 2.0.1)  (Sep. 5, 2018)

This version fixes a bug that was caused by the API

•  Fixed a bug that caused video playback to pause at the start.

Download the latest version here!

If you find any more bugs, please report them to us so we can fix them as soon as possible.

Edited by Mr.Loki
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi @Mr.Loki and @Tails it looks like a new change in youtube api access has broken this script a couple of days ago. It says device no longer supported. At best this can be fixed with a firmware update on a new device that they support in the API, at worst this broke the whole script, what do you think?

Edited by cocky

The reason this no longer works is not an issue with the script, it is an update that google has made to youtube, where they limited the type of devices able to use the TV version of youtube.
They give a full list of supported devices on this page here: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7582560
Unfortunately without something to act as like an emulator, this problem cannot be fixed.
MTA can be run on linux, mac, and windows, but in order to emulate a supported device MTA needs to be able to run on something like android, or a smart tv os.
Even then mta uses a web browser addition called CEF, which many programs use. It's a version of chromium that can be implemented into really any application. CEF is what gives you your youtube videos in game. Unfortunately that is another breaking point.

This is out of MTA's control, and it is out of Tails or Loki's control, so unfortunately this issue cannot be resolved @Varus01

~ Shay

• Like 1

We're currently looking at solutions right now. We may just have to use the default youtube page now and crop the image a bit. There are some issues though with popups and ads covering the video, but we could put the screen browser in the panel so you can interact with it and remove any popups shown or skip ads. Stay tuned.

Hotfix has been uploaded!

New bugs may be introduced with this version, however, playing videos should work again for the most part. Consider this is a temporary fix until we find a new and better solution.

I also replaced the switch browser button with a Skip Ads button. This is basically a refresh button which will help you skip ads.

Download the latest version here: https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p=resources&s=details&id=12950

• Thanks 2
  • 1 month later...
On 07/10/2019 at 05:26, Tails said:

Hotfix has been uploaded!

New bugs may be introduced with this version, however, playing videos should work again for the most part. Consider this is a temporary fix until we find a new and better solution.

I also replaced the switch browser button with a Skip Ads button. This is basically a refresh button which will help you skip ads.

Download the latest version here: https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p=resources&s=details&id=12950

Hey thanks for the hotfix, works great for skip ads its a godsend, but did u find any solution for the not full screen we have now, the screen is cut off at the bottom a bit and at the top there's too much extra space which manifests as white like you'd see on a minimized youtube window on a browser. I'm sure that depending on the type of screen we use other edges are compromised but I can't remember right now exactly which, the key though is the video cant go full screen and this breaks the flow on a massive cinema dome we built. Generally though its the top of the screen that goes white.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...