[REL] Cinema Experience 2.0 [Updated 13th January 2017]

Tails

Amazing script!

I really loved it, i already tested it.

Everything is working but seems there's something annoying

When i press on the button to move to a playlist, it doesn't do it, it pops-out a message saying "Connection Timed Out - Couldn't reach API"

I hope there's a solution for this.

Good work for making this script, can't wait to see the final version!

• Like 1

Thanks, LeSilver.

When i press on the button to move to a playlist, it doesn't do it, it pops-out a message saying "Connection Timed Out - Couldn't reach API"

Update your server and client to the latest version. That should fix the problem.

Cinema Experience updated!

Changelog - Beta ver.1.0.1:

-

Now open-source!

- [API] "Fix" for connection issue - Update your server to the latest version!

- [GUI] Slightly raised video info so the progressbar doesn't overlap it on widescreen resolutions.

- [GUI] Help font size slightly reduced.

- [GUI] Made more room to display the help text, it should now fit properly on all resolutions.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

@ rai2221,

Make sure you type in the resource name correctly, it's case-sensitive.

So not resource.cinemaexperience but resource.CinemaExperience

EDIT: My mistake. The resource by default is named cinemaexperience. So in that case you need to type in: resource.cinemaexperience. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Guest
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

swtiched it to minimum version 1.5 through the meta, but now it says timed out cant connect to API or something. i have it in the admin ACL, what can i do? (P.S. i switched i to 1.5 because the default version it was set at was incompatible with my server. not sure why but it only worked on my local server. my server is 1.5.2)

swtiched it to minimum version 1.5 through the meta, but now it says timed out cant connect to API or something. i have it in the admin ACL, what can i do? (P.S. i switched i to 1.5 because the default version it was set at was incompatible with my server. not sure why but it only worked on my local server. my server is 1.5.2)

What do you mean with it only worked on your local server? The reason you probably can't connect is because the Google API only supports https and your server doesn't support it or has it disabled for some reason. Mta only supports https since version 1.5.2. So make sure your server is indeed running 1.5.2. Type in ver in your server console to see which version you're running. If it is 1.5.2 then I can only suggest you try to reinstall the server and see if that helps anything.

If you happen to be running your server at Vortex Servers, we had one person reporting the same issue to us and was running a server at Vortex.

When he tested it on his own local server, the resource was working fine.

Let me know if it helps or if you're still having issues so we can look for a solution.

i tried switching the meta setting back to 1.5.2, and i got this message

[2016-08-22 17:21:16] Not starting resource cinemaexperience as this server version is too low (1.5.2 required)

[2016-08-22 17:21:16] ERROR: Unable to restart resource cinemaexperience

[2016-08-22 17:21:32] Not starting resource cinemaexperience as this server version is too low (1.5.2 required)

[2016-08-22 17:21:32] startResource: Failed to start resource 'cinemaexperience'

im positive im running 1.5.2, is there any way to solve this without restarting the server preferably?

UPDATE: i did a server restart (had to be done anyway) and still no luck

Are you running the server on your local computer? Also it really does seem you need to update it regardless if you think it's already 1.5.2 because it might be a different build.

Use the installer on the frontpage (http://www.mtasa.com), preferable change the folder location for a clean install, then move over your settings, databases, resources etc.

If you're running your server elsewhere, then contact your server host to see if you can get the latest update.

Are you running the server on your local computer? Also it really does seem you need to update it regardless if you think it's already 1.5.2 because it might be a different build.

Use the installer on the frontpage (http://www.mtasa.com), preferable change the folder location for a clean install, then move over your settings, databases, resources etc.

If you're running your server elsewhere, then contact your server host to see if you can get the latest update.

messaged my host, ill let you know what they say

sorry so late haha, was out for a few days. after they succeeded in wiping my server to default they wanted me to upload my local server to my hosted one in a zip via filezilla, to test and compare the two. i closed the ticket and told them its too much to do for one resource. if you guys have an easier solution id love to hear it, otherwise ill have to stick to using either only the map, or just sticking to my local server. its really weird. both servers are confirmed 1.5.2