mta 0.5 Bugs

Ok, there are lots of bugs ive found, but havent got them written down, but these are the ones i can remember from the top of my head

Firstly

In Vice City Stunt, RC vehicles can appear locked when you try to enter them

We're looking into this. This should be fixable by exiting Vice City, and starting the game again.

This is caused when you are jacked whilst in an RC car.

Another bug i found, in GTA3MTA Staunton Island, you can go into the subway and easilly catch a train (yes, there are trains circling the city in mta) to SSV or Portland. And you can alos drive there thru the subway without any warning message.

This is also the case for Shoreside Vale, the subway is closed, but if you fl a dodo to another island, and get it blown up, then u are stranded with no means of transport to get back, since there doesnt seem to be a warning message.

Also, a bug thats been here for a while, if you change resolution in MTA, then gta3/gtavc simply crashes without an error. Change it in SP.

There is also a bug that you sumtimes spawn on the spawn rooftop on GTA3MTA SSV. This can also be done by glitching sumtimes with ammunation, eg getting into a car while entering ammunation.

Another bug is that if you spawn too quickly on SSV before it loads a weapon in the hand of the skin you choose, then u spawn with only a bat and pistol.

ive also had a rare bug where on the SSV spawn selection screen, you only see the car spinning with no character, this is minor thou.

a bug that kfg mentioned, wen u spawn as VCC, then after dying spawn as sum1 else, u get armour (I havent tried this myself)

ADDED: The client still displays the wrong ID's of that of the server. This can be very annoying if your a client admin.

Another thing, PLEASE bind nitro to the fire button rather than shift, or simply deactivate shift while typing altogether

Thats all i can think of for now. ill add sum more if i find them/remember them

Edited by Guest

Ok, ill change the topic name

althou:

In-game MOTDs appear as nonsense

We noticed this during testing but it wasn't fixed. We'll fix it in the future. In the meantime, disable the motd by changing your mtaserver.conf (server admins) and use the rich motd instead.

The in-game help says the game is MTA 0.4, when it clearly is MTA 0.5

Live with it

In Vice City Stunt, RC vehicles can appear locked when you try to enter them

We're looking into this. This should be fixable by exiting Vice City, and starting the game again.

You have quite a few files on your computer called mtachat.txt

MTAchat.txt, as you probably guessed stores a chat log. This feature was added at the last moment and not propperly tested. Concequently, this problem has occured. This is probably due to how the client has been launched (the start path determines where it saves the chat, not the install path). Don't worry about it really.... We'll fix it in the next client version if we can. In the meantime, feel free to delete any files you don't want.

dont really prevent you from playing

i think maybe u mean because most of mine are really scm coding bugs

anyway, its still an 'issue' if u get stuck on top of the rooftop, its still an 'issue' if u cant get back to SSV, its still an 'issue' if u dont get the weapon u picked etc...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see the no warnings in GTA3 as a bug, i like to take a dodo from the airport and go explore the other islands (you can explore ALOT with the higher jump from Shoreside ;))

Spawning on the roof in shoreside just happens randomly from the ammunation, no glitches required :?

Oh, and with the nitro, just change the horn button in the VC options. I used num .

well i like the horn button how it is, anyway thats not a major issue.

i think the warning shud be added. but first the mta team shud explain why the changing islands thing required seperate islands, i fail to see why we can fly to staunton and have shootouts there, the reason i put accross this point was not just cause u can get stranded, but the fact that its supposed to be buggy or summing. yes and i did relise about the random ammu, but i think its easier to do if u glitch there.

spawning on a roof is simple, ill explain with the cop,

Spawn as a cop grab some cop cars and park them infront of the cop station doors, make sure u cant get through. Then do /kill spawn again and if u spawn at the right spawn ull be on top of the cop building which theres no way down without suicide :shock:

the reason you cant cross islands is explained in encredible detail in this forum, just look.

all i can find is that because gta3 uses a different island changing system to VC, and thats not incredible detail

http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?t=6566&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

the poll itself has no 'incredible detail' to why it doesnt work. and i have searched, and havent found anything, if u do know a topic, and refer it to me i'd appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...
This is also the case for Shoreside Vale, the subway is closed, but if you fl a dodo to another island, and get it blown up, then u are stranded with no means of transport to get back, since there doesnt seem to be a warning message.

Not true... easy solution: DROWN