MTA-KART

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it is a mario kart reference.

In mario kart (preferable the 64 version) you get bananas you can drop, or throw in front of players.... Apon driving thier cart over these, they would spin out slowing them down. ( you can get 1 or 5 bananas which trail behind your kart like a tail ) ALSO- bananas can be used to block harmfull things like the turtle shells.

There are also MUSHROOMS! Not the halucigenic kind like in GTA, but nitro boost mushrooms that let you speed up for a second or 2. (you can get either 1 or 3 mushrooms)

Then the famous RED and GREEN turtle shells.. They can be tossed in front, or behind you to blow up other players which sends them flying, thus losing a lot of time. The difference is that, green shells bounce around going in a straight path where you shoot them. RED shells heat seak other players in front of you! (you can get either 1 or 3 shells)

The Magic BLUE SPIKED SHELL, is fired forward, and will heat seak the player who is in first place :lol: It can not be blocked by fake boxes or bananas.

FAKE powerup box, this lets you place a box which LOOKS like a normal powerup item box, but it is really a bomb, and will send an unfortunate player sky high! This is best placed around other prize boxes.

The STAR powerup, lets you turn invincable for about 20 seconds. You can crash into other players like this to blow em up, and the star also makes you drive much faster.

The ghost powerup makes you invincable to lightning attacks (if you use it before they use a lightning) but it also steals other players items

The best---- Lightning! Everyone but you, who is not using a ghost, or star, is SHRUNK into a tiny character and tiny kart, which drives slowly, and you can squish em!

The characters you could choose are-

Mario, Luigi, Peach,Toad

Yoshi,Wario,Donkey Kong,Bowser

the lighter characters (toad, yoshi,peach) get fast acceleration, but slower top speeds

The medium characters are (mario, Luigi) and are average speed

The heavy characters are (Wario,Donkey Kong, Bowser) and they accelerate slowly but have a higher top speed.

Cup 1 the mushroom cup

Cup 2 the flower cup

Cup 3 the star cup

Cup 4 the special cup

4 tracks in each cup, total of 16 races.

any questions? :lol::D

Hmm... well I just got back from scotland, so I've not been able to view the thread for a while... but I have to say- bananas will be implimentable when blue comes out (I have already wrote the mod) as well as "firable" barrels (shells), but I can't get them to home in. Plus, I'm map modding for when blue comes out, so not only will we be able to play in vice city but I'll also be remaking some of the "classic" tracks.

OH MY GOD! IDEEEEAAAA!

Battle mode! Thanks to my implication of shells and bannanas (or... barrels and cones as the models I'm using...) I can give you back the joy of battle mode, but with the VC damage system, so ppl can actually have a battle that lasts more than 30 seconds.

Arenas would be small, such as prawn island, starfish Island, the airport etc, but would this not OWN THE UNIVERSE?

heres my evaluation of gamebro's post

you get bananas you can drop, or throw in front of players.... Apon driving thier cart over these, they would spin out slowing them down.

make sum sort of handling distort, difficulty 2/5

There are also MUSHROOMS! Not the halucigenic kind like in GTA, but nitro boost mushrooms that let you speed up for a second or 2. (you can get either 1 or 3 mushrooms)

easy, just change the nitro code that the mta team already have difficulty 1/5

Then the famous RED and GREEN turtle shells..

Certainly the green turtle shells not sure about red ones thou, u cud use vc's auto aim like in the hunter maybe thou difficulty 3/5

The Magic BLUE SPIKED SHELL, is fired forward, and will heat seak the player who is in first place :lol: It can not be blocked by fake boxes or bananas.

Like you said, one day :lol:difficulty 5/5

FAKE powerup box, this lets you place a box which LOOKS like a normal powerup item box, but it is really a bomb, and will send an unfortunate player sky high! This is best placed around other prize boxes.

simple, difficulty 2/5

The STAR powerup, lets you turn invincable for about 20 seconds. You can crash into other players like this to blow em up, and the star also makes you drive much faster.

maybe, i myself am not sure how ur gonna have all the powers of star.

difficulty 4/5

The ghost powerup makes you invincable to lightning attacks (if you use it before they use a lightning) but it also steals other players items

i think that could be done, even by unsyncing the player for a short while, and the stealing wudnt be needed difficulty 2/5

The best---- Lightning! Everyone but you, who is not using a ghost, or star, is SHRUNK into a tiny character and tiny kart, which drives slowly, and you can squish em!

i think this could be done if u have a code to limit the speed of the karts difficulty 3/5

The rest is pretty much pipsqueak

remember, this is everything afaik, if anyone thinks these are wrong, feel free to say

also revolver, if u do develop this, i suggest you use the bike instead of the rc car, and change the model, this is because u'll fall off n stuff, althou there'd bve probs with leaning...but im sure u cud make it that if u slip on a banana u fall off ur kart. if uve played Vice City Deluxe there's a quad bike make from a bike's stats. and if u do make the bike, it'd be best to make 'green turtle shells' as a drive-by, replace the uzi and change the model to make it look like a rocket launcher or summin then make the bullet pace slow n stuff

Ok, here's the plan- I'm gonna start up just a RC race server for now- called MTA: Kart, with very few player spaces (i havent got a proper server rented yet), so could I have the MSNs of anyone who wants to participate so as I can make a proper beta roster

Oh, and I made this short comic (on paint), to show how a noob might find MTA: Kart

Mta-kartpromo.PNG

LMAO!! :lol::D

Cool revolver! I hope you are gona make the mario kart 64 tracks, the snes ones were all flat.

The other post I made with all the descriptions, were not of something I wanted to do, just informing those who have never played mario kart, what was in the game.

Something to shoot for if someone like revolver here makes a good mario kart mod. 8)

Another feature I hope to include in MTA:KART is player-owned powerup garages. How cool would it be to OWN a garage and cater to the racers on the server, whilst competing against other garages. It also implies the stunt-style money system which awards money for winning races, and or course, stunting.

MTAKART2.PNG

How would the combat work? Doesn't Mario jump on people to kill them, or is that Sonic (excuse my ignorance)?

The old style mario would just jump and shoot fireballs, but now he has moved on and started using punches, hammers, ground pounds and items to destroy enemies. Sonic would just move really fast and jump.

The old style mario would just jump and shoot fireballs, but now he has moved on and started using punches, hammers, ground pounds and items to destroy enemies.

That sounds really hard to do in GTA (if it's even possible). I do like the idea of owning garages though. Perhaps someone could challenge a garage owner to a race and if they win, they win the garage and if the garage owner wins, he unlocks extra powerups or something.

ur gteting it all wrong, mario kart is barely like playing normal mario, it involves different methods of combat, using 'pickups' in which u get a weapon randomly, red turtle shells are homing and are shot, green fire in front, banana skins are dropped and if u drive on them u slip and u spin out of control, losing speed etc (look above for more detail)