[WIP]Custom shooting system

Decro

Hello there, i've started working on a custom shooting system. I have an idea to properly replace GTA:SA weapon and shooting systems by custom one to make shooting process more like realistic and flexable.

List of features to be implemented:

• Classic recoil - Sight goes up when shooting.
  • Spread fire based on queue lenght.
  • Imitation of breathing and "shaking" effects when using sniper rifles. May be based on player current stamina.
  • Imitation of ballistics for long-range sniper shots(?)
  • Bolt action rifle mechanics.
  • Defects like misfire and jamming.
  • Many options allow you to change the following parameters of weapons: recoil, spread(min and max), fire rate, clip size, reloading speed etc.
  • Something else...

So, if you have any suggestions as to what should be added to this resource - offer them here.

^[DEVELOPEMENT IS TEMPORARY FROZEN]^

Edited by Guest

Hello there, i've started working on a custom shooting system. I have an idea to properly replace GTA:SA weapon and shooting systems by custom one to make shooting process more like realistic and flexable.

List of features to be implemented:

• Classic recoil - Sight goes up when shooting.
  • Spread fire based on queue lenght.
  • Imitation of breathing and "shaking" effects when using sniper rifles. May be based on player current stamina.
  • Imitation of ballistics for long-range sniper shots(?)
  • Bolt action rifle mechanics.
  • Defects like misfire and jamming.
  • Many options allow you to change the following parameters of weapons: recoil, spread(min and max), fire rate, clip size, reloading speed etc.
  • Something else...

So, if you have any suggestions as to what should be added to this resource - offer them here.

^[DEVELOPEMENT IS TEMPORARY FROZEN]^

Edited by Guest
  • 2 weeks later...
Will it be open-source?

Of couse.

But i have some troubles with setting weapons fire rate... I just don't see any way to sync the visible shots and bullets with virtual one's. Any ideas?

My idea could be absolutely terrible since I am new to this, but maybe don't let the "visible" shots fire at all, and make some particle effect follow the virtual shot?

My idea could be absolutely terrible since I am new to this, but maybe don't let the "visible" shots fire at all, and make some particle effect follow the virtual shot?

Yeah, I was thinking about it. But didn't found any good particle to replace real shot muzzle. :\

You have 5 posts on this forum, do you think that you have enough knowledge to finish this? I doubt it.

Anyway, good luck, pretty useful.

Since when did someone's post count on a forum reflect their ability to accomplish something? So if I registered on another forum about Lua scripting - all my current knowledge would magically be gone? :roll:

You have 5 posts on this forum, do you think that you have enough knowledge to finish this? I doubt it.

Anyway, good luck, pretty useful.

Since when did someone's post count on a forum reflect their ability to accomplish something? So if I registered on another forum about Lua scripting - all my current knowledge would magically be gone? :roll:

Oh gosh, no, but MTA doesn't use plain Lua, you might wanna know a bit more about it, anyway, as mentioned, gl