"Invald Excutable"

Guest Goat

How do i fix this? I try to connect to a server but get this? I read the problems topic, but how do i gt a Standard EXE for GTA3? I also dont live in Astralia.. :-s

EDIT: Also, i uninstalled GTA3 And MTA a few times, reset the game paths many times, but no luck...Am i screwed? :(

Yeah, thats strange, becasue i keep doing it and it says it over and over..Maybe though, i could get lucky and it will work.

And if it helps, i have the Ded server and patch..

I don't know why exactly you added an "invalid executable" protection to this release. I could suppose you added it literally to protect people from pointing the client to an incorrect executable, but as you have seen, numerous people have reported this error, numerous times. And in most cases I'm sure they have a "correct" executable..

I think this round of error checking should be dropped. If someone seriously is dumb enough to point the client to, say.. notepad, then they are either intentionally looking for for a bug - wich no doubt they will get - or they are too lazy to read the documentation.

i beleive it's in place not just for that purpose, but as cheat protection. MTA team havent really taken a stance 1 way or the other as far as cracks go. just dont talk about them in the forum, and they dont bother about them in development (so they say)

I installed patch 1.1 and then got "You have a modified MTA reinstall" reinstalled MTA and now it runs fine.

1.1? The server patch? I did install that, but it still doesn't work..

Edited by Guest
and btw GTA3:MTA doesn't function without patch 1.1, so that would explain your problems.

Didn't a message tell you to fetch 1.1 ? The old client (0.4.1) had that.

No, this one doesn't seem to have that message for some reason. Perhaps it should be changed to "Invalid executable. Make sure you have GTA3 version 1.1 installed."

• 2 months later...