[Closed beta] Debug Console - Join now!

IIYAMA

Do you want to try out the closed beta?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to try out the closed beta?

• Yes, because the features look cool
    • No, I am fine with the default MTA debug console
    • No, I do not understand what a 'debug console' is
    • Yes, nothing to add.
    • Yes, because I can edit the code

• Moderators

Thinking you fixed all errors and warnings. A common thing, but do you always have to be the one that creates them? Also are you always in the server when they appear? Of course not.

It seems, I still have a few of errors and warnings in my server. The debug information collector is my solution, see the useful information it collected for me:

mta_screen_2016_05_18_18_01_42.png

Warnings

mta_screen_2016_05_18_18_01_45.png

Errors

• Moderators

1.0.3 progress

Functions added:

• Saving window position and scale
  • A small useful backup after restarting the resource. (50 items remain available for 1 min, after stopping the resource)

experimental + experimental + experimental + ...

I added an experimental function, which allows you to open files automatic in resedit.

You can find the installation later on the bottom of the client.lua file from version 1.0.3 .

It is experimental, I am not in anyway responsible for damage to your files.

I hope this can be done official and added by the owner The_GTA himself. That's why I will not prepare those files for you, you will have to install it yourself. Unfortunately he hasn't been online for a while, I contact him on Google+ so lets wait for his response.

The reason why I am making this available, is that you guys can check if you want something like that in the debug console.

It seems he has replied. So the quick file open feature for resedit might come!

And I cleaned up the debug console code a little!

Edited by Guest
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Dear MTA scripters,

Today I will start working on the next beta version. It has been 2 months since I first posted this topic and after the version 1.0.3 there will be probably not another beta version. That also means you won't be able to subscribe for the beta any more and your name won't be in the spotlights.

Unfortunately, the most important thing that you will miss is your feedback being applied to the product. When the debug console leaves the beta, not much large changes will be made afterwards. So every (large) feature you wanted it to have, is something you have to create on your own.

I hope I have informed everybody about this matter. Keep following this topic, because the finally release is also getting close. You don't want to miss it, if you like this new way of monitoring your debug information.

Version 1.0.3

The debug console will be able to communicate with the resource resedit from The_GTA.

P.s: Another thing, you can also request for the beta by replying here (say that you want it, that's all you have to do to get it). Since some people had problems with managing their pm's, doing it this way would make it a lot easier.

• Moderators

Something else, it is not(yet) related to the Debug Console.

Annoyed with compiling your resources every time, script by script?

Check out this page: automatic resource compiler.

And now my question, even if the Debug Console isn't related to compiling resources. Do you want it to have this feature to compile automatic other resources? Since the debug console is already running, while developing your own resources.

Better idea:

You could do this, save the source code and encrypt it in a file, then de-crypt it and open the code. The player could edit it and choose if he wants it to get compiled and still will be able to use the source code. There will be a source code file ofc.

• Moderators

Decompiled code looks different than before you compiled it. It is throwing information away for optimisation. Compiling code was original for optimize the code, the protecting layer came later. > Compiled code is the end result, it is not meant to be edited.

Anyway, pls answer my question. Simple yes/no + the reason.

Decompiled code looks different than before you compiled it. It is throwing information away for optimisation. Compiling code was original for optimize the code, the protecting layer came later. > Compiled code is the end result, it is not meant to be edited.

Anyway, pls answer my question. Simple yes/no + the reason.

yes.

because it is easy to compile the code rather than taking years and waiting for the website to load.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

It has been a while that I last posted on this topic. I was very busy, sorry for that.

Anyway, is on the agenda:

1. QuickStartUp(99%)
    QuickStartUp makes it possible to use the console even if you are not logged in.
  2. Open/close/minimize the window(90%)
  3. A database(30%)

Finished Working on Waiting...

I haven't had much feedback lately, does that mean that everything is working for everybody?

• Moderators

1.3 Quick start up menu

What can you do with this kind of 'quick start up'?

If you join the server, it will automatic open up based on your serial. So you don't have to login with your admin account to access the debug console. Of course you can't manage quick_start_up accounts, when you haven't logged in as admin. Which also means you can give it to (trusted) people in your server, who might can help you with understanding a error or warning, without giving them full admin rights.

mta_screen_2016_07_08_19_08_51.png

• Manage your own personal account
  • Manage other developers their accounts
  • Add accounts
  • >
  • Synchronized editing accounts (window can be used by multiple users at the same time)
  • No reconnecting required while adding/removing

• 9 months later...