GForce Servers - 20% off

logo.png

Foundation

GForce Servers has been operating since February 2014. When we opened, we made sure to be different. After being clients of other hosting providers for multiple different games we were disappointed at this industries dishonesty. We are committed to be transparent, available for support, and have high uptime. GForce Servers is a company built and managed by gamers for other gamers.

Quality

Before going to a new datacenter we often spend months debating which datacenter will meet the needs of our clients. We understand that our clients need the best connection as well as the most uptime. We also strategically pick new locations for our servers that will provide the best connection to the most people. This allows your entire community to have a wonderful connection!

What you get with server?

- Free DDoS protection 480gbps (We also have 960gbps)

- Free MySQL database

- Free backup server files to cloud server

- 24/7 support

Server locations:

- Paris,France

Other locations comming soon.

Visit our site

For MTA forum users we have promotion. Use MTAFORUM promocode for 20% off on your first invoice. Limited to 10 new customers.

Edited by Guest
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm a little skeptical tho, are you really a part of or collaborator to Nvidia Corporation? looks more like a bad attempt of impersonation to me by judging from the look of your website.

Hello,

Where did you read that ? We never said that we have something to do with Nvidia its just a name of company also grafic cards are Geforce not GForce.

You can try us for 48h if you want just pm me.

Geforce is very similar to GForce don't you think? Geforce is also a registered trademark, what if they sue you and win. Will I as a customer get a refund then or do I loose my contract just because you can't keep your service up? also on your website's order page it says 0.01€/month for mtasa which I believe is wrong. If you actually where related to Nvidia corporation then it would have been legit and I might have considered to try your service. Do you even own a company that is legible to sell hosting services?

Geforce is very similar to GForce don't you think? Geforce is also a registered trademark, what if they sue you and win. Will I as a customer get a refund then or do I loose my contract just because you can't keep your service up? also on your website's order page it says 0.01€/month for mtasa which I believe is wrong. If you actually where related to Nvidia corporation then it would have been legit and I might have considered to try your service. Do you even own a company that is legible to sell hosting services?

Actually, you should've visited the website before saying wrong stuff.

Use logic please, what does NVidia have to do with MTA hosts ?

And, host is not 0.01, when I tried to purchase, it starts by amount like 2 Euro for 20 players .. or something similar.

I didn't try the host, but if it's not for bad, then good luck!

Are you using multiple accounts or something? What do you see in this picture, it clearly says €0.01/month which is wrong. Beside now you're just trying to move focus away from the trademark discussion which is important.

aTyyztI.png

The price thing is just a simple typo anyone with a brain knows is wrong and I just wanted to point that out, end of discussion. Now let's wait for answers to my relevant questions in last post.

Hello,

Im not using multiple accounts I dont need it. Also you see when the accounts are registered and when was my.

Just like I said we have nothing to do with Nvidia and I dont know what are you trying...

Price is not 0.01 its just configured like that because it has dropdown menu for slots like you see its 2.29€ for 20 slots.

I see you didnt screenshooted that right side where price is but you see in slots menu that 20 slots is not 0.01 like you said.

We have clients and probably they are registered on this forum so they can proof you our uptime and other stuff. I dont want to post IPs of clients without their premission but you have test IP and we can offer you 48h free.

I hope we cleared all about pricing and that nvidia thing if you have some questions please open a ticket and stop spam here if you dont have something to say possitive or negative about hosting.

If you've read my posts you'll notice that I'm questioning your company name, why choose a name that is so similar to a Nvidia product? I'm also questioning your company itself if it even exist or if you're selling this service illegally somehow. I'm not questioning your service itself, software used, your customers or anything like that. Even if all that seems fine it's a big disadvantage if you're not even a company or using someone else trademark. Now will you answer my questions or not.

Hello,

Why not ? Is that forbidden by the law ? Its not and we didnt advertise that we have something to do with nvidia. So its a legal name

Is same if I ask you why you have similar name like some popstar or something else.

No this company its not registered like some other companys that are here advertising.

Like you see we are working since 2014 and we are not some kids that used youtube to install mta and gamepanel and than open a hosting company.We also are not hosting servers on vps like some people here and also offer free backup for files on cloud server we dont charge for that like some other companys.

EDIT: Also I see that you are hosting your server with a company that is not registered also,its hosting your server on vps(cpu is shared with other clients on that node so your server cant use much cpu because the vps will be restarted) and its using free gamepanel.(Its not finished and have bugs and exploits)

There's a big difference between the name of a popstar and a registered company trademark like Nvidia GeForce™, and selling via yourself rather than a registered company means that you're selling on the black market. You're not paying any tax to the government and that's illegal.

Hello,

Like I said we didnt advertise that we have something to do with nvidia. .

Yes we are not paying tax like a said its not a registered company.

Its like your host doesnt pay tax its a crime.

I see you are really young(18 years if I see good). You need to learn what is VPS and what is Dedicated server.

Lets say on dedicated server hdds die and your vps is on it and how you would move your vm to another dedicated with all files? Some magic trick maybe?

We are running HW1 2 x 2TB but hw is not a security that you will not lose your files. Only backup can help if you dont want to lose your files. So we are offering that for free for clients.

And that if you pay enought for it... Its that a joke or? $5 or $10 are much to give you dedicated resources? Maybe RAM but cpu is shared. RAM is cheap today.Just look prices of dedicated servers with ddos protection. https://www.ovh.ie/dedicated_servers/ etc.

So you would trust more a host that is running your server on a vps for $10/mon on a gamepanel that is free have bugs and exploits and dont have ddos protection than a host that is paying for dedicated 60€ and more monthly, have ddos protection and its running on paid game panel offers free backups to cloud server.

I see that you are somehow working with that company so you are trying here something to proof.Play MTA and enjoy dont go into bussines because I see that you dont know nothing about it.

EDIT: also see that you edited your post for VPS server but here is your answer.

Yes we are not paying tax like a said its not a registered company.

Well mate you just disqualified yourself there, and just a friendly advice. I won't change my mind just because you rage over your competitors, who unlike yourself follow all the laws and regulations for the countries they operate in.

Good luck anyway and I really hope you don't have to suffer from the same destiny as the primeminister of Iceland.

Hello,

I dont rage over competitors just want to say that here game hosting companys are not registered some are but that are big companys and are in bussines 5+ years.I dont know what are you trying to proof but i think you are working for that company where are you hosting your server and just want to say good luck with hosting clients on vps and using free panel with bugs and exploits. You are young you will learn why not use vps and free panel.

If you change your mind feel free to contact me I will give you 48h free. You will see perfomance between dedicated server and vps servers.

Wont answer more your questions about nvidia,tax and simillar things because this is a spam. If you have question about service feel free to contact us.

I dont rage over competitors just want to say that here game hosting companys are not registered some are but that are big companys and are in bussines 5+ years.

Well there are others punching old ladies stealing their handbags and robbing people too, that doesn't mean it's legit for yourself to do the same. I also believe there's a rule here that requires hosting providers here to be registered, at least if they call themselves "company" (like you do), I mean why can't you be honest? if you don't have a company then don't say you have a company. There are some offers in this section on the black market as well but at least they are open about it.

I dont know what are you trying to proof

I'm not trying to prove anything and I don't work either, you where observant enough to observe my age then why don't you understand I'm still in college (last year) like most people at my age.

hosting clients on vps and using free panel with bugs and exploits. You are young you will learn why not use vps

My age doesn't make me dumb, even I know the fundamentals in economics as well as the fact that a company must have bigger profit than charges or they will fail. It's also a known fact that a VPS is cheaper than a dedicated machine, have you ever though that if a dedicated machine isn't profitable, why using it? Try Vultr for yourself and you'll see their virtual solutions are much faster than OVH's virtual solutions. Because OVH is overselling while Vultr doesn't.

free panel with bugs and exploits.

A free panel means a cheaper price for me as customer, I won't mind that at all. And bugs and exploits can be patched. Just because you pay a shitload of money for a software doesn't make it safe and bug free. What panel are you using? I know a few exploits and bugs around most panels, including the paid ones.

You will see perfomance between dedicated server and vps servers.

Under the assumption that the VPS host is overselling that is correct, otherwise you can reserve physical resources for a VPS and gain the exact same amount of performance as well as other advantages virtualization provides such as live migration, faster deployment etc etc.. Vultr is charging per hour so I already compared their VPS and Dedicated machines and the difference was minimal. On the other hand both OVH's VPS and dedicated machines where much slower than Vultr's machines and OVH's VPS where slower compared to OVH's dedicated instances as well which is pretty obvious considering their pricing that literally yells overselling.

Anyway, good luck but be careful with the tax agency, they're looking for evaders this time of the year.

Hello,

I didnt post that I have company and its registered I just call that a "company" and I said that its not registered.

We dont have big prices and we are hosting on dedicated servers clients so they cant expect lag on servers so its possible to have cheap mta servers and run it on dedicated.

I tryed vultr,digital ocean for some personal projects they are good but for production they are not because vps is vps.

Im not using OVH dedicated server just using their ddos protection for 480+gbps and for 960+gbps using voxility protection.

We are using gsp panel but we will move to tcadmin soon because it has more options for us and clients.

We didnt have problems with tax agency from 2014. We know what we are doing.

But soon we will register the company when we will offer dedicated and vps servers. We are going to buy our own hardware and colocate it in datacenter.

I keep an eye on your service but you should really fix your security. I managed to get into your system to see all the invoices, you have 26 invoices stored in your system currently which is a clear indication of a low customer amount, how can you afford hosting that amount of clients in a dedicated server? Your control panels login screen is also leaking data, I was able to view some customers private information like name, email, adress, location etc..

Hello,

I checked our system nothing is going on.

The number of invoice you can see on invoice(but its bugged). But we are also working on a custom solution gamepanel and billing in a website.

This is not our main "company" we have more "companys". This is only for english customers.

Also we are all 25+ years old we are all working so we can pay easy all.

Edited by Guest

I don't care if the underlying box is virtual or physical as long as I get the system resources I paid for. And I accept your offer, sign me up for 48 hours, I'll run a few high load test resources (if it's ok with you) and if your host is better than my current in terms of performance I'll consider a change.

Alright time for the review I promised to write after testing your service for 24 hours so far. I'll will do so by comparing your solution step by step with my current host and I'll try to be as fair as possible. Now let's start:

Performance

A few measurements of the latency gave me the following result: (Ignore the player slots as I bypassed the control panels security by simply modifying mtaserver.conf in order to get more slots than I was supposed to pay for), to gforceservers defense that shouldn't work on normal plans but since it worked for me, no matter that I got a trial plan reduce my trust in security. Now, your server is located in France, with my old host I choosed Frankfurt - Germany as location and I live in Oslo - Norway, your latency is fair but a little higher than what I usually get for servers in France.

J4IHJoN.jpg

In matter of CPU, RAM and Disk speed the results are all very similar, I increased the FPS limit you set from 36 to 60 (same as in my old host) and ran my tests, the FPS never dropped below 60 on any of the hosts and as far as I know neither of you or my old host oversell, I get enough system resources and priority for my server to avoid any lag. You're right in theory that a VPS can be oversold while a dedicated server cannot, although a non oversold VPS is slightly faster than a dedicated machine in matter of disk performance, RAM and CPU are also managed differently but generally the same.

For the DDoS protection part I'm pretty sure your's is oversold, 480 or 960GBit/s simply can't be dedicated, my old host offers 100GBit/s so the question is how much overselling is applied on each one and how large DDoS attacks will be successfully mitigated? I can't really test this but my guess is that both solutions should be able to mitigate nearly all DDoS attacks, there are less than 10 known DDoS attacks ever made that has been bigger than 100GBit/s, none of those where aiming for game servers. So in matter of performance I'd say it's a draw.

Control panel & security

I like the design of your panel but it lacks in security as I proved earlier which is kind of ironic after you barged down over the "lack of security" in competitors panels. As a customer I'd expect a quick patch and maybe a reward when I find and report a vulnerability, all that works fine in my old host where I got $100 in reward and ability to view the open source patch.

I also noticed that you're sending lot's of information in clear text like FTP files as well as internal communication, it might be safe for now but as soon you're connecting more servers you're screwed and anyone between can read all the password etc sent between your servers. My old host encrypts FTP and does all communication between servers over a secure SSH line which is why I'd prefer my old host in matter of security. See this as something to work on tho, you have potential but you're not secure yet.

Billing

You will charge me €6.19 = $6.98 for a 60 slot server monthly. My old host charge me $4.32/month for 64 slots or $0.006/h allowing me to start and stop any time I'd like without binding times. With prices like this I can share a box with just one other customer and the host will still make a fair profit as well as provide all necessary services like support, web databases etc.. How many customers do you need in order to make profit on your dedicated machine? and if I want to cancel my subscription after just a few days and I still charged for a full month or will I get those money back?

I also noticed that you're only accept paypal and IBAN transfers while my old host also accepts odd but efficient payment solutions like Bitcoins and phone/sms payments. Are you planning to add more payment options in the future? In this area I'll have to choose my old host as well, mainly thanks to the flexibility and scalability.

Conclusion

I'd appreciate the free trial but for now I'll choose to stay with my old host, you got a lot of work to do as I see it but if you really want you can make it because your service has potential to become great. If you ever get better than my current host and of course register yourself a company for tax I might switch in the future.

Oh and I almost forgot, you should also add terms of service and a privacy policy for your service, I was unable to find any of those and it could get very risky if something goes wrong and you don't have a legally binding contract that both you and your customers agreed to. Good luck!

Hello,

Dont know what you mean with bypassed security panel with editing mtaserver.conf? Security means that customer data cant be leaked.

You can just check http://www.bgpanel.net/ its your provider panel free with lot of bugs and it can be hacked easy and you can get all customer data.

Why you think providers pay for gamepanel and dont use free panels ? Free panels are not for production because they have lot of bugs and can be easy hacked.

So please dont talk about security because people think now that we are not secured.

Our security is good so if we want we can disable that you can edit mtaconf. Also we can disable ftp and other things. We can put auto suspend server if client changes slots. But we disabled that.

Ask any provider here about security with bgpanel and bugs.Also it dont have webftp.

That panel have so much bugs that is not good even for personal use.

I can delete all files and clients from panel. I just need to order server and recive info for it than can get any data ftp passwords,vps root password,client name email...

Best panel for production now is tcadmin than gsp and gamecp.

Sure you can edit slots and start the server but our system send us a email that you changed the slots and we can suspend your server. Its like SAMP where you must put slots in server.cfg.

But you cant start the server on other port.

For other games you can use command line for start ./mtaserver +slots 60 +port 22003 etc and than that is not going in server cfg.

I have normal ping 32-36 and Im from Croatia.

You cant compare dedicated server with vps.That are two different worlds. Maybe your provider dont oversell the resources but cpu is still shared like disk and network.

DDoS protection

We are using OVH game protection you can check their website for that. ~3 weeks ago we got 113gbps ddos attack and it was successfully mitigated.

Our FTP server is secured. But vsftpd and proftpd have bugs where you can enter as root and delete all files.So that mean If I buy a server with your provider I can delete all servers on that machine including yours.But we fixed that on our server.

We offer 48h money back but we will change it to 5 days. After that you cant get refund. Only if we have some hardware or network problem and server is offline 2 or more days than we offer you full refund or that 2 days free + 7 days more for free.

We had skrill and paysafecard payment but we removed it because skrill have poor support. Opened ticked about something it took 5 weeks to get a answer.

SMS is not good for payment because of the high fees.

We are working still on website.