MTA 0.5 Server Patch 1 Released

eAi

We've just released a patch for the MultiTheftAuto 0.5 server. You can download this from the MultiTheftAuto 0.5 download page by clicking here.

This patch fixes a number of issues that have come to light since the release. These include:

- Crash when a pm is sent to a non-existent user ID

- Large memory leak causing the server to increase to several hundred megabytes over an hour of use

- Server names being too long and causing some issue for connecting and in-client information.

- Prevented triggering bug in mIRC that was preventing MTAMA from connecting in some instances.

We will also be releasing a patch for the MultiTheftAuto 0.5 client at some point, the contents and release date have not been finalised.

We hope you're enjoying MultiTheftAuto 0.5!

Edited by Guest
Nice Work Once again (Y)

Hope u fix client patch

Hmm whats wrong with the cleint . and cant mta team make a client just like 0.4.1 simple and easy to use? no extra stuff like create stuff and other usless things no need to put ase too i thhink people have ase on them and have buddies added on ase too which is not available on cleint so its just using usless memory. so can it be removed?

Hmm whats wrong with the cleint . and cant mta team make a client just like 0.4.1 simple and easy to use? no extra stuff like create stuff and other usless things no need to put ase too i thhink people have ase on them and have buddies added on ase too which is not available on cleint so its just using usless memory. so can it be removed?

It is simple to use. :roll:

Newbies post all the time to ask how they set up a server, now they have it in the client instead. I find the new client much more user friendly, now people won't need an external app just to find a server. The most important functions are to connect of course, and that's the first thing that appears when you open the client, I don't understand how the new layout can annoy you :?

I still use ASE instead of the inbuilt browser. I guess I got used to it, and I agree that a buddy list would be a great add-on to the client. (Also not making it limited :D )

one suggestion though, could you make it so that the client connect right away when you select a server on ASE, would be great to have that back.

I like having ASE built in. Since MTA is the only game I play online, it seems pointless having to install a new application just to get servers for one game.

will the client come in a month (:twisted: ) or shall i just shut the (**********) up ?? :D

heh, no matter how many times the devs say that there will not be a scheduled release date, people just don't have the willpower to not ask. It's an urge some people just can't seem to overcome.

It'll come when we consider it ready. The new client interface and features were designed with the aim of making it easy to use in mind. I think this has been mostly successful - no more telling people to download ASE and telling them how to set it up - not more problems setting up servers.

As for not connecting straight away when you join from ASE, thats because there was some strange things that happened if you tried to do this to a server that you timed out on - the client wouldn't show until it timed out (or connected) successfully causing some users to get confused. If I get time I'll look into a way to delay the connection to after the window is painted for the first time, but I don't really consider it a major issue.

eAi

As for not connecting straight away when you join from ASE, thats because there was some strange things that happened if you tried to do this to a server that you timed out on - the client wouldn't show until it timed out (or connected) successfully causing some users to get confused. If I get time I'll look into a way to delay the connection to after the window is painted for the first time, but I don't really consider it a major issue.

eAi

I personally welcomed this feature, because it's often annoying when you join a passworded server and it tries to connect before you can enter a password.

• 3 weeks later...